weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2024 - Week 17 STRUCTURE Added

You made the most of that opportunity, Stan! What's the saying, "F2.8, and be there"?

Reactions: rpn
Cheers, Nick. TBH I never heard of that phase before but I'm learning everyday.

The actual phrase is "F8 and be there" - i.e. that the really important thing is being in the right place to get the photo, rather than worrying about the technicalities. But you shot that at 2.8 so I changed it.

Nice shot & great timing as others have said! Their colours look stunning and really pop against the water

Hey Stan

Water: I'm with you on this, not an easy theme for something interesting (certainly locally). I think you managed it and the long exposure definitely helps.
Snappers: That so should have been posted for Valentines (oh no, I'm giving snakey an idea for that week now!!!

Nice shot & great timing as others have said! Their colours look stunning and really pop against the water

Thanks, Megan.

Hey Stan

Water: I'm with you on this, not an easy theme for something interesting (certainly locally). I think you managed it and the long exposure definitely helps.
Snappers: That so should have been posted for Valentines (oh no, I'm giving snakey an idea for that week now!!!

Cheers, Tim. Don't give that Snake any more ideas like that. :giggle:

Ah, I like that, almost a heart shape. Remember as a kid being chased by one of these things lol

Thanks, Adam.

Calm before the storm perhaps? Speaking from experience!! 16mm I see. The AirBnb angle, making rooms appear much bigger than they really are! I have a lens which drops to 18mm. Would the extra 2mm make any difference I wonder?

Calm before the storm perhaps? Speaking from experience!! 16mm I see. The AirBnb angle, making rooms appear much bigger than they really are! I have a lens which drops to 18mm. Would the extra 2mm make any difference I wonder?

Well, they are not too bad now compare to a few years ago. It's a 16-35mm zoom I used and I tried to squeeze in as much of the room as possible.

I wish my spare room was that clean and tidy! :LOL:

Thanks, Simon. It's the only half reasonable tidy room in the house!

Snappers... beautiful swan shot.
Neat and tidy... love the toy collection waiting for her.

Ticke the box. I can smell it just looking.

I thought it was a changing room or something similar. Mind you, I did grow up in Bradford. Anyways, it's a simple but effective take on the theme.

Not as Filthy as some I have seen, but without smellyvision who but you knows

Pete

I thought it was a changing room or something similar. Mind you, I did grow up in Bradford. Anyways, it's a simple but effective take on the theme.

Thanks, Bob.

Not as Filthy as some I have seen, but without smellyvision who but you knows

Pete

Thanks, Bob. Actually it's not as bad as in the photo. It's my heavy handed processing with the black, shadow and the contrast sliders.

Filthy ticks the box so job done.
Whole. Love the colour and detail.. .now have the Waterboys "Whole of the Moon" as an earworm too!

Nice one! A lot of my moonshots are night ones, but at least I sm past the 'blown white ball' phase. When I discovered it was only possible with daylight settings. Uffff talk about a eureka moment.

Nice one! A lot of my moonshots are night ones, but at least I sm past the 'blown white ball' phase. When I discovered it was only possible with daylight settings. Uffff talk about a eureka moment.

Thanks, Bob. The moon is a lot brighter than some people thought. My settings for night ones are usually f/8 at 1/500 to 1/640 with ISO between 400 and 800

Good shot (& great minds maybe!) I like the daylight take, you picked a good day for it!

The themes seen to be coming out thick and fast and in no time at all I'm already 3 weeks behind. Been mega busy with life and all that recently.

Hidden in plain sight amount this wall are little figurines. These were installed as part of the so called NuArt Festival a few years ago dotted about the city centre.

Week 09 Hidden

Hidden by Stan, on Flickr

Back