weekly Samuelslade007 TP 52 Class of 2016 .... the beginning of the End. FINISHED

Week 08 Topical

Its Panto week for the Janus Theatre in Peterborough and the Dame removes the evening's make-up.

25019653202_f7453edca3_c.jpg

A fine shot sir. Plenty of interest in both the composition and the content.
B&W seems to suit it nicely.
I would like to have been able to see more of the detail in the shadows, but that's just me.

A fine shot sir. Plenty of interest in both the composition and the content.
B&W seems to suit it nicely.
I would like to have been able to see more of the detail in the shadows, but that's just me.

Thanks...I was trying for low key then kind of like it part of the way. .

Great portrait with very moody light. The mono conversion suits too.

Hi, like it as a picture on its own, also quite taken with the mobile dog bed

I think that's a fabulous photo - nice composition, interesting contents, action and above all in b&w .... .oh yes, and it fits the theme perfectly.

Great portrait with very moody light. The mono conversion suits too.

thanks steve

Hi, like it as a picture on its own, also quite taken with the mobile dog bed

lol..allan, that dog bed was a ship in the last panto they did...a captain was dragged across the stage in it....very traditional theatre company with quirky ideas

I think that's a fabulous photo - nice composition, interesting contents, action and above all in b&w .... .oh yes, and it fits the theme perfectly.

i literally walked in, said im taking a photo so just carry on.. only moved the chair slightly so wasn't so obscuring

i was going to run the image through silver efex pro, but the trial ran out so i reverted back to usual processing technique..mainly bending curves and shifting levels as well pumping up clarity and vibrance in Raw before PS..then desaturated it

I really like the Dangerous image, run down buildings are great for creating drama, and this corridor is real creepy looking, and thoughts of danger in every doorway, great image (y)

Topical - On my monitor I would prefer to see more detail on the dames face, a good timely capture though and some great props scattered around :)

I like that topical image. Very gritty and "reportage" for me... nicely done. Quite a bit going on aside from the topical removal, but that works. I too would like slightly more shadow detail and although you're going for the high contrast B&W, I think it would benefit from a touch more.

Still a great image though :)

Hi Frank, loving this B&W for the Topical theme, there is a gritty feel, tinged with sadness at the end of the nights performance..

Happy - fun picture and fits the theme
Abandoned - It certainly has been abandonded
Camouflage - Great picture certainly got everyone thinking
Dangerous - Very Atmospheric right on theme.
Topical - good personal take on theme

my favourite of these is the Camouflage one

Like the crocus for Living World - so nice to see such lovely vibrancy during these dreary days leading to Spring. Nicely taken - good DoF. Definitely spiky in the second and an unusual POV looking between the plant pots.

Living world - lovely colours and good dof the crocuses really stand out.
spiky - an unusual angle certainly spiky.

nice shot of the crocus, perfect viewpoint
spiky, the BG intrigues me, very good :clap:

Living world - lovely colours( my fav) and good DoF makes them really stand out.. Spiky interesting angle and quite like the silhouette attempt.

Living world, you can't beat a nice colourful Crocus, this time of the year Sammy (y)

Spiky, interesting angle but then I'd expect no less from you ;)

Yep loving both the living world and deffo liking spiky just perfect.

Gaz

Like the crocus for Living World - so nice to see such lovely vibrancy during these dreary days leading to Spring. Nicely taken - good DoF. Definitely spiky in the second and an unusual POV looking between the plant pots.

thanks carl...i strive for the unusual

Aye, what Carl said basically. Good to see something out of the ordinary for Spiky :)

thanks tim

Living world - lovely colours and good dof the crocuses really stand out.
spiky - an unusual angle certainly spiky.

(y) thanks

nice shot of the crocus, perfect viewpoint
spiky, the BG intrigues me, very good :clap:

in the background is the upperfloor of a victorian workhouse, lots of dark stone work with possibly hills behind.. i did try and get the blue sky, hence the almost silhouette

Living world - lovely colours( my fav) and good DoF makes them really stand out.. Spiky interesting angle and quite like the silhouette attempt.

the attempt..was intentional... i wanted to include some of the plant itself and not have JUST the spikes

DAMN !!!

Is this really from you... where are the jaunty angles and general craziness :thinking: - That's a nice pleasant springy photo that, nice colors and detail too, like it :)

Spiky - Now that is more like it :LOL:

... thought i'd give you a shock with living world.. something 'normal' ..

Living world - a sharp and pretty shot (begging for some nice light maybe?) ...but spiky - I feel like I'm just about to be crushed between two out of control giant cactuses...eek!

i'll see if i can dig out a full shot of the plants... they ARE BIG.... both of them..

Living World - Love this nice low down shot love the colours DOf really helps makes it stand out.

Interesting take on Spiky

Topical - Nice capture of a private moment and I like the b&w processing.

Living World - Lovely sharpness and dof. I like the angle of that petal opening up at you as if it wants to say something to you or maybe wants to eat you up. :p

Spiky - The battle of the spiky plants? Interesting shot.

Topical ... nice B&W ... tells a story.

Living world ... perfectly good, nice OOF BG

Spiky ... intriguing.

(y)

Back