Scot's Quine's 52 week challenge - 2022 - WK 52 added

Great shot Joan, no idea of what the song is though...Runnin' Down the Dream?

A nice take on your chosen song. My brain would never have gone down that route. I'm more "who let the dogs out" :)

WEEK 40
Really struggled with this one - had no inspiration at all this week. So I just did a very boring shot of a fairly unusual and quite old, 4 piece cup set. Sat on my desk with the light mainly from my monitor and window.

WEEK 40 - LOOKING DOWN.jpg

High key crockery from an unusual angle certainly grabs you Joan.
You're looking down so it fits the theme.

I like your composition and the subject as well as the POV are interesting, I am struggling with the exposure a bit.

I agree with Bill that it makes for an interesting composition - I like the layers of crockery. I like high key, but I think it does look a bit over exposed.

I do agree with the exposure bit. It seems even brighter on the site. I will try to tone it back a bit. Came from my iphone so no raw image to work on.

A great idea, and nicely composed but +1 for feeling it's a little blown out.

WEEK 41 - RUSTIC

WEEK 41 - RUSTIC.jpg

Attachments

• WEEK 41 - RUSTIC.jpg
    WEEK 41 - RUSTIC.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
It was actually a little tractor. Just seemed a bit odd as it looked in fairly good condition in a field of rusty bits of farm equipment.

It was actually a little tractor. Just seemed a bit odd as it looked in fairly good condition in a field of rusty bits of farm equipment.
They have to start somewhere, give it 10 years and it will fit in with all the other bits.
Vignette is a bit strong given that the tractor is blue and the rest is B&W in my opinion.

Pete

Looks great, your PP is very nice indeed, and the subject suits the theme perfectly.

The vignette and the coloured tractor against the BW background give it a lot of pop.
Good Idea. for the theme.

Simple but effective in the vehicle Joan.
is that ICM on autumnal?

It is a bit of multiple exposure and ICM! I really would have liked a bit of mist around but blue skies for once were the order of the day.

Nice dreamy autumn shot Joan.
Good technique to get it right and well framed too.

Lovely creative shot... has a hand drawn quality that's really pleasing.

Wow that's the best destruction I've seen on here. Looks like there has been an earthquake!!

Ornament - perfect for theme. Although I'm a fan of monochrome, I wonder if he might stand out from the background a bit more in colour? He's nicely framed.

Great shot of destruction Joan.
Ornament - is it sepia profile?
Both meet the themes well.

Catching up again:

Destruction: great choice Joan, but it kind of gets lost behind the telephone booth?
Ornamental: super shot. Love the processing.

Ornament... That made me smile. I had a similar one in my garden that was the spitting image of Tony Blair!! Unfortunately I knocked his head off a while ago :D

Back