Show us yer film shots then!

After doing some re-processing recently I decided I would pick out some shots to panoramarize (sic). The plan was to make a book with Blurb as they now do a lay flat version which seemed to fit panoramic theme, but after I uploaded the book I found out how much even a small book would cost I decided to leave until after the lottery win. :D

So, anyway, here are a few shots that went in the book, some have already been posted in other versions, some are new. (y)

The-Bridge-Near-Bala by Andy, on Flickr

Tarn-Hows-Pano by Andy, on Flickr

Ben-Nevis by Andy, on Flickr

Restormel-Castle by Andy, on Flickr

Pannier's-Pool1 by Andy, on Flickr

There's a few more on flickr if your interested.

Those are pretty sweet Snap, and no obvious tints to moan about either..:clap:

I think if you're shooting square or nearly square, you have to be prepared to crop where necessary, its either that or not shooting something because it doesn't fit, or lessening its impact by leaving it with portions that don't actually add anything to the scene..:)

Those are pretty sweet Snap, and no obvious tints to moan about either..:clap:

I think if you're shooting square or nearly square, you have to be prepared to crop where necessary, its either that or not shooting something because it doesn't fit, or lessening its impact by leaving it with portions that don't actually add anything to the scene..:)

Thanks Jox and I agree, I do like squares but I do also look for shots that would look good stitched together.

Are they panoramic crops @Andysnap or stitched?

Tarn Hows is my favourite.

Thanks Nige. These are all cropped from either 6x9 from a Fuji GW690 or 5x4 from one of the 2 LF cameras I own.

After doing some re-processing recently I decided I would pick out some shots to panoramarize (sic). The plan was to make a book with Blurb as they now do a lay flat version which seemed to fit panoramic theme, but after I uploaded the book I found out how much even a small book would cost I decided to leave until after the lottery win. :D

So, anyway, here are a few shots that went in the book, some have already been posted in other versions, some are new. (y)

The-Bridge-Near-Bala by Andy, on Flickr

Tarn-Hows-Pano by Andy, on Flickr

Ben-Nevis by Andy, on Flickr

Restormel-Castle by Andy, on Flickr

Pannier's-Pool1 by Andy, on Flickr

There's a few more on flickr if your interested.

These are gorgeous Andy - panoramic is my fave aspect ratio and your framing is spot on. Love the last one especially.

A few from the Russian 1970's Cosmic 35m Agfa 200. It seems to be scratching the film slightly at the top ,I will have to have a look into it !! Taken using the sunny 16 rule.
CANAL.JPG
SARAH.JPG
SNOW.JPG
TREES.JPG

Last edited:
A few from my experiments with the Red Panasonic C420AF point and press camera from my dads collection 34mm f3.8 it seems fairly sharp between 10 and 20 ft with a small Depth of field ( no suprise there). It claims to be auto Focus but in reality seems to be fixed focus. On the plus side I got 41 shots from a 36 exp film.The River/estuary shot shows it's limitations. PIDGE.JPG sarah.jpg TRAIN.JPG whit.jpg

Last edited:
Xpan 45mm+ Velvia
I will get this velvia thing right one day!!! Someone help me please!

DIY DEV+ SP3000 Scans
View attachment 116171

Can I please use your Xpan to get it out of my system please?!? It’s the one camera I’ve never used that I’ve wanted to but I don’t know if I want one enough to spend the money they command! Ha.

Xpan 45mm+ Velvia
I will get this velvia thing right one day!!! Someone help me please!

DIY DEV+ SP3000 Scans
View attachment 116171

Are you using the Xpan's built in meter or a hand held meter? I'd strongly recommend an incident meter with slide film because if you point the dome back at the lens, you are automatically metering for the highlights. I think incident meters used to be called 'highlight meters', or something like that.

Are you using the Xpan's built in meter or a hand held meter? I'd strongly recommend an incident meter with slide film because if you point the dome back at the lens, you are automatically metering for the highlights. I think incident meters used to be called 'highlight meters', or something like that.

Hi
Actually i used both Spot Meter (Minolta F) and Gossen Digisix incident meter for different shorts.! Now i think something has gone wrong during process. it cant be temperature as i use Phototherm Machine which is perfect "touch wood"!! Wonder if its chemistry or Film itself!! i am very disappointed!

Hi
Actually i used both Spot Meter (Minolta F) and Gossen Digisix incident meter for different shorts.! Now i think something has gone wrong during process. it cant be temperature as i use Phototherm Machine which is perfect "touch wood"!! Wonder if its chemistry or Film itself!! i am very disappointed!

It could be contamination of the first or colour developer. May be worth starting with fresh chemicals next time and double checking everything used to mix them (funnels, beakers etc.)

Can I please use your Xpan to get it out of my system please?!? It’s the one camera I’ve never used that I’ve wanted to but I don’t know if I want one enough to spend the money they command! Ha.

Same here. Unfortunately the prices seem to have gone bananas lately. I'll be sticking to my Hasselblad 40mm for now, cropping the frame and pretending I have an Xpan with shift capability :D

Same here. Unfortunately the prices seem to have gone bananas lately. I'll be sticking to my Hasselblad 40mm for now, cropping the frame and pretending I have an Xpan with shift capability :D

Just to add, not to forget most of Xpans are running on life support. if they stop on you say goodbye to them! I got mine from myfather who bought it brand new (version 1), though it didnt see much of use, it stopped working all of sudden. had to replace shutter and that was a pain to source. I am sure by now all the parts have run out.

If anyone of you is passing by hudds, you are welcome to go for a walk and try my xpan :p

Best T

Snappy contrast in those Andy.

Is that the film, filters or added in PP?

Snappy contrast in those Andy.

Is that the film, filters or added in PP?

I have contrasticated them a bit but I think conditions helped. :D

Posh Park and Ride, Cambridge
Nikon F80, Nikon 50mm f1.8, Fujicolor Superior 800 rated at 400

38227207495_8262156149_b.jpg

Strange update. I picked up an original 35RC lens hood from ebay that arrived today to deal with future flare. In true backwards fashion I then checked the scratches on the lens, and found nothing but some light cleaning marks (I was sure there were scratches!). After that, I took a proper look at the Velvia slides on a lightbox and the exposure/sharpness/contrast looks spot on with no flare at all so it looks like the problem is caused by poor scanning

I’m going to get on to AG Photo on Monday about re-scanning them. I haven’t got my own scanner any more otherwise I’d just do them myself.

On a positive note, it’s reassuring to see the 35RC performed as it should and I’ve now got a lens hood too [emoji3]

Well, I had a reply from @AgPhotographic regarding the quality of the scans I received and was basically told that they can’t see anything wrong with them so it must be my fault [emoji34]

“Hi Steve,

We’ve had a look at the samples and can’t really see anything up with them. If anything they look a bit lighter than your pics of the slides, and it’s hard to tell from those but the slides look maybe a tad underexposed which would be why we brightened them. Issues like flare and vignetting can only really come from the taking lens; they’re not something that would be introduced at the scanning stage although the balancing and brightening process might make them appear more obvious.

Regards,
Harry”

As a comparison, I shot the slides in front of my monitor using my A7 and am struggling to see how it’s a fault with the originals (these are the examples I shared with AG);

64290005.jpg

dsc03928.jpg

64290017.jpg

dsc03926.jpg

64300013.jpg

dsc03924.jpg

While the originals were probably slightly underexposed, pushing the exposure slider to 100% the other way when scanning seems a little heavy handed. I’ve tried recovering them but even with highlights at -100% in LR they’re still look washed out.

Annoyingly, I’ve now wasted money paying for two sets of scans and will now have to get the slides re-scanned by someone else. It’s also left a bad taste so I’ll be using Peak for my E6 work in future. I’ve got a box of Velvia Quickload to shoot in my Chroma so I can share them in the campaign so I hope Peak do a better job.

Back