weekly SimonB 52 for 2022 - Week 52 - Showcase

Nice PoV and DoF there, looks very hot! Good image for the theme.

This is a good shot Simon, whereabouts in Mexico are you?

That's a good composition... I feel like we're following him. Enjoy what's left of your trip.

Enjoy Mexico !!

Thanks Alan!

It looks fierce. Certainly on solid ground here Simon.

Holds his ground too when you go near.

Nice PoV and DoF there, looks very hot! Good image for the theme.

Definitely hot here although I hear the UK is having a heatwave!

This is a good shot Simon, whereabouts in Mexico are you?

Thanks, we are staying in Riveria Maya, seen a couple of tourist traps and I’m just quite enjoying being on the beach reading and giving some thought to theme P…

That's a good composition... I feel like we're following him. Enjoy what's left of your trip.

Thanks, he wasn’t one for moving so I was able to line him up nicely.

Nicely photographed Simon and works for the theme for me.

Cheers!

Lying by the pool thinking of this weeks theme, almost humming to myself p p p p p p p. I’ve no doubt I got a strange look or two. I wanted to try and get the technique this time round too. When the answer was right in front of me, the pool tiles! I hope I’ve interpreted the monochrome side things correctly too.

I have seen a lot of discussion in chat and online about what monochrome is, so I hope I’ve got this right with using different shades of one colour. Please correct me if I’m wrong I like to learn!

It did feel odd to take a picture of the pool tiles above the water, so I had my poor wife pose for a few pictures before taking the actual shot I wanted. I like how the waters ripples and sunlight has blurred and twisted the otherwise straight lines.

Pool Tiles by Simon Brown

Nice one Simon, fits the theme and technique in my eyes.

Thought for a mo you had taken a p in the pool:p

Pete

I love this. Great idea and I really like the outcome - fits theme and tech for me.

It made me chuckle to think of your wife acting as a subject decoy ha ha!

LOL, you were Placed Perfectly to take a Picture of the Pool. I really like your take on the theme Simon, it' a great image.

Nice one Simon, fits the theme and technique in my eyes.

Thought for a mo you had taken a p in the pool:p

Pete

Ha thanks, no P in the pool from me but I didn’t trust the children that were enjoying the pool!

Great idea, well executed.

Thanks!

I love this. Great idea and I really like the outcome - fits theme and tech for me.

It made me chuckle to think of your wife acting as a subject decoy ha ha!

Thanks, she does come in handy!

LOL, you were Placed Perfectly to take a Picture of the Pool. I really like your take on the theme Simon, it' a great image.

Lots of P’s there haha, Thanks.

A semi-abstract image.. works for me on all counts. I love the colour.

Well thought. composed and executed. I hope you didn't have to move too far to capture this.

Sports - I think you should have got in for free at the track, after all they would have appeared on the illustrious TP website.

Parallel - A really interesting take on the theme with lots of variations on the theme when you look around the image.

Metal - The out of focus macaw in the first one does make a statement. I'm sure I've manage to photograph animals behind metal cages where focussing on the animal effectively removes the cage. Did this not happen on any of photos?

Treasure - I remember the "Piggin Pigs" range from years ago. The pig does have character which your framing and edit has accentuated.

Solid - Hope you enjoyed Mexico, I would have steered well clear of the tail.

Beginning with a P - The distortion in the tile design is impressive, I wonder how it would appear with someone going through the water.

Last edited:
A great idea. As a kid I was always fascinated by that view, and the distortion created by the water.

A semi-abstract image.. works for me on all counts. I love the colour.

Well thought. composed and executed. I hope you didn't have to move too far to capture this.

Sports - I think you should have got in for free at the track, after all they would have appeared on the illustrious TP website.

Parallel - A really interesting take on the theme with lots of variations on the theme when you look around the image.

Metal - The out of focus macaw in the first one does make a statement. I'm sure I've manage to photograph animals behind metal cages where focussing on the animal effectively removes the cage. Did this not happen on any of photos?

Treasure - I remember the "Piggin Pigs" range from years ago. The pig does have character which your framing and edit has accentuated.

Solid - Hope you enjoyed Mexico, I would have steered well clear of the tail.

Beginning with a P - The distortion in the tile design is impressive, I wonder how it would appear with someone going through the water.

A great idea. As a kid I was always fascinated by that view, and the distortion created by the water.

Thanks for the comments everyone! :)

It's been a busy couple of weeks with one thing and another. It's funny how life can get in the way of hobbies and such then suddenly you realise you have a photo to upload! So this is a bottle of Champagne that we were given for our first wedding anniversary, opened a month later!

It is very tasty and full of bubbles!

Celebrations
by Simon Brown

That's a great shot Simon, especially in the context of the story.

At least your fingernails are clean :D How many close ups do we see and people have terrible nails :D

Thought I would try something different for this week's theme. Never really been one for portraits, but I had fun playing around with the flash trying to get the sort of picture I was after. Should meet the theme with half a head and half a face showing!

Half
by Simon Brown, on Flickr

This is very good Simon, I like that you've allowed a lot of empty space. I agree with SimonH above, very well composed.

I like the composition in this one Simon. Nice use of the negative space and great idea for the theme.

That's quite striking.

That works very nicely, and well composed and shot.

This is very good Simon, I like that you've allowed a lot of empty space. I agree with SimonH above, very well composed.

I like the composition in this one Simon. Nice use of the negative space and great idea for the theme.

Thanks for the comments everyone, nice to try something different.

Yep - box ticked :)

Nice!

Love the space left for the subject to look into. There's a blankness to the expression too, that really adds to the shot.

I went to the Southport Airshow yesterday to attempt to get a couple of decent photos of the planes. When I have been to other airshows in the past I have usually been disappointed with the blurry, not quite in focus pictures of the planes. Annoying when you look at the small picture on the camera and then get home and put the same picture up on the computer only to find its not very good. This time I seem to have better luck!

However, the theme isn't planes its posts! and thankfully I wasn't sitting that far away from a tannoy speaker on top of a metal post.

I hope you all like the pictures.

Speaker on a post
by Simon Brown

Southport Airshow 2022 Pictures

Typhoon
by Simon Brown

MiG 15
by Simon Brown

Red Arrow
by Simon Brown

Red Arrows
by Simon Brown

Post theme ticked!
Cracking set of plane shots Simon - any of those are keepers, but that last one! :eek::)

Back