weekly SimonB 52 for 2022 - Week 52 - Showcase

Fabulous. Gotta love Simon's Cat :)

Hmmm… Simon’s cat and Simon Brown… it’s not you is it?

I thought about a calendar shot, but couldn’t envisage it working. This works well with the 52 reference and cat.

Yup, that works Simon!

Fabulous. Gotta love Simon's Cat :)

Hmmm… Simon’s cat and Simon Brown… it’s not you is it?

I thought about a calendar shot, but couldn’t envisage it working. This works well with the 52 reference and cat.

Works for me

Excellent!

Thanks everyone, I thought it was quite apt to use a Simons cat calendar. Neater handwriting for next time!

Clever take on the theme and an added chuckle with the Cat as well.

Pete

This is my granddad's pound coin holder who passed away in 1992. I remember at the time when we were helping clear out his home and my brother sliding out the pound coins from this holder. My young impressionable mind thought it was a money-making machine! However, it stopped after £17 but I always live in hope that it will produce pound coins on its own.

The old-style coin holder and coins is my submission for this week's theme.

Old Money
by Simon Brown, on Flickr

Nice one Simon - I wonder if they're still legal tender? Not that I think you'd part with them.

Nice memories and works well with the theme. I wonder if a small picture of your grandad in the background would complete the picture.

Had one for euros, a very nice image

it stopped after £17 but I always live in hope that it will produce pound coins on its own.
Great story and a nice pic to remember it by. Also a good interpretation of "old". I guess you don't have any pound notes hanging around :)

Lovely story, and an interesting image to match it. Nicely done.

Fabulous story to accompany the shot. Fits the theme nicely.

I used to have one of those, only it held 6ds !

6ds what are they? Only messing! ;)

A poignant story, and right on theme.

Thanks!

Nice one Simon - I wonder if they're still legal tender? Not that I think you'd part with them.

I suspect they aren’t but I bet the vending machines may not know the difference.

Great story Simon, and a very good image.

Thanks!

Nice memories and works well with the theme. I wonder if a small picture of your grandad in the background would complete the picture.

Thank you, yes that might have added to the story but unfortunately I don’t have a picture to hand. Something I should sort out (y)

Had one for euros, a very nice image

Thanks!

Great story and a nice pic to remember it by. Also a good interpretation of "old". I guess you don't have any pound notes hanging around :)

Ha no pound notes but I do have an old “style” ten pound note somewhere.

Lovely story, and an interesting image to match it. Nicely done.
Fabulous story to accompany the shot. Fits the theme nicely.

Great story and a lovely image.

Thanks guys, and thank you everyone for the feedback!

Round pound coins, what will they think of next a dodecagon!

My grandad had a much larger one, it had multiple coins slots, but he did work on the buses before decimalisation.

A nice image and back story to it.

An interesting back story and a nice object to have. Quite a heavy object to carry around when fully loaded?

Round pound coins, what will they think of next a dodecagon!

My grandad had a much larger one, it had multiple coins slots, but he did work on the buses before decimalisation.

A nice image and back story to it.

Thank you, now a bus one would be cool!

An interesting back story and a nice object to have. Quite a heavy object to carry around when fully loaded?

Thanks, it is quite weighty when full not something I’d fancy carrying round with me. Don’t tend to carry my wallet these days when I can pay using the phone.

I went out for a walk in Wales today and sat down to have a snack when I realised I was holding a receptacle, so I duly took a picture of it by the canal. However, when I got home, the picture of the bottle just felt like something I snapped on my phone and called it a day. So my wife pointed out the plant pot on the windowsill and so I had a play around with that and it gave me a good excuse to have a practice with the flash and overall I prefer the plant.

So really my wife takes credit for this submission! :ROFLMAO:

Bottle
by Simon Brown

Plant Pot
by Simon Brown

Back