Daily Slimbert's 2012 - 366 - Day 117 Added

Day 11.....

Meet Pikey, our stinky fat hamster!!

Not much to say about this little fella, except that my wife bought it for our two girls last Christmas, not realising that hamsters are nocturnal, and the kids have only seen him about a dozen times in over a year!!! :bonk:

Day 11: "Pikey!!"

Day 11: Pikey!! by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Aweeeee Cuddles and Pikey - the joys of children :LOL:

My daughter still has her 'puffalump' soft doll, she's 15 now - another world traveler..

I'm glad our Hamster days are gone... but it's now a snake, at least there is no squeaky wheel running all night... used to drive me nuts :doh:

Back to the photo's - Cracking shots as usual, the B&W works really well with cuddles, and the pov of Pikey is great !!!!

really nice mate (y)

Aweeeee Cuddles and Pikey - the joys of children :LOL:

My daughter still has her 'puffalump' soft doll, she's 15 now - another world traveler..

I'm glad our Hamster days are gone... but it's now a snake, at least there is no squeaky wheel running all night... used to drive me nuts :doh:

Back to the photo's - Cracking shots as usual, the B&W works really well with cuddles, and the pov of Pikey is great !!!!

really nice mate (y)

Thanks, Dean!! (y) I often ask my girls what I should take a photo of, so many of my 366 photos will be toys, teddys and generally things that live in their bedrooms!! ;)

I really need to get out of the house a bit more.....I'm running out of stuff to take a photo of indoors!!! :shake: Might have a little crack at light trails tonight, on my favourite bridge.....it's been a while!! ;)

Day 12.....

Time to make my first ever insurance claim.....:(

One of my 7D's and the lens attached to it took a tumble when I was removing them from my tripod, and sadly, they landed on concrete!!

The 7D still works, however it has a sizeable crack in the magnesium chassis and the CF card door won't close properly.....but the lens came away even worse, as it has literally broken in to two pieces and can't be attached to a body any more!! :crying:

Fingers crossed that my insurer deals with my claim quickly.....I've got some shoots coming up and could really do with having two bodies!!

Day 12: "Time For A Claim"

Day 12: Time For A Claim by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Good luck, but a terrible way to get inspiration!

Sorry to hear about that! never good :(
Nice picture though! :D

Thanks, and thanks!! :p It's not a big problem, as luckily I've got TP member tappilappi up my sleeve who has said I can borrow one of his bodies if I get stuck, but yeah, I was absolutely gutted when it happened!! :crying:

Just dropping in again damien, am impressed you're still in there, but knew you would be, i love day 10, and also hope the insurance comes through quickly

Just dropping in again damien, am impressed you're still in there, but knew you would be, i love day 10, and also hope the insurance comes through quickly

Thanks, Liz!! (y) Thankfully, I'm getting in to a bit of a groove with it.....but that said, I've still got another 354 photos to go!!!! :eek:

Pikey made a great model (y) the PoV, Focus and DoF are all great (y) and the brilliant colours in the back really makes it for me (y)

As you Day 12 :shake: and hundred lines for you me thinks "I must be more careful with my camera" :LOL: I hope they sort it nice and quickly for you (y) I like the DoF on that shot though the idea of the small print fading out to nothing is inspired (y)

Matt

Pikey made a great model (y) the PoV, Focus and DoF are all great (y) and the brilliant colours in the back really makes it for me (y)

As you Day 12 :shake: and hundred lines for you me thinks "I must be more careful with my camera" :LOL: I hope they sort it nice and quickly for you (y) I like the DoF on that shot though the idea of the small print fading out to nothing is inspired (y)

Matt

Thank you, Matt.....very kind of you!! (y)

As you can imagine, the air was a little blue after I dropped it, but these things happen.....which is exactly why I pay a small fortune in insurance every year!!

I highly recommend that everyone takes out even basic insurance for their camera equipment.....I'm pretty careful with my gear, so if it can happen to me, then it can happen to anyone!! Whether I recommend people to go with Photoguard, is yet to be seen!! ;)

Thank you, Matt.....very kind of you!! (y)

As you can imagine, the air was a little blue after I dropped it, but these things happen.....which is exactly why I pay a small fortune in insurance every year!!

I highly recommend that everyone takes out even basic insurance for their camera equipment.....I'm pretty careful with my gear, so if it can happen to me, then it can happen to anyone!! Whether I recommend people to go with Photoguard, is yet to be seen!! ;)

I can imagine, I have mine fully insured (y) though I couldn't tell you who with, not for any top secret reasons :LOL: I don't currently know who with all our households different insurances are managed by our broker :bonk:

Day 13.....

This one is more for the people who have met me in person, as others won't have a clue what I look like!!

I was watching Dave this evening, and instantly had a sense of Deja Vu, then it dawned on me that the episode of Top Gear I was watching was the one that I'd attended the filming of as an audience member.....then, low and behold, up I popped on screen, stood right behind Mr Clarkson while he was doing the "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" segment, interviewing Simon Pegg and Nick Frost!!

Day 13: "My 5 Seconds Of Fame"

Day 13: My 5 Seconds Of Fame by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

That really is a picture suitable for Friday the 13th... it scared the hell out of me:LOL:

That really is a picture suitable for Friday the 13th... it scared the hell out of me:LOL:

Yep. Even Clarkson looks like he's crapping a brick or two.............obviously he glanced behind and then turned back to camera......

Day 13.....

This one is more for the people who have met me in person, as others won't have a clue what I look like!!

I was watching Dave this evening, and instantly had a sense of Deja Vu, then it dawned on me that the episode of Top Gear I was watching was the one that I'd attended the filming of as an audience member.....then, low and behold, up I popped on screen, stood right behind Mr Clarkson while he was doing the "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" segment, interviewing Simon Pegg and Nick Frost!!

Day 13: "My 5 Seconds Of Fame"

Day 13: My 5 Seconds Of Fame by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Fantastic. What one did you go and see? Myself and my Mark, were at the one where Roger Daltry was the star in the reasonably priced car......... the one where the Mitsibushi FQ400 kept up with the Lambo....

Time to come clean.....the guy in the photo isn't me!!!

Sorry for the practical joke you lot, but I've never been to see Top Gear being filmed, however this photo has fooled everyone from my 7 year old daughter, to my own mother!!! :eek:

For those that have never met me, the likeness is quite scarey!!

Day 14.....

Asked the girlies where they wanted to go for lunch today, and immediately they chose the new(ish) oriental all-you-can-eat buffet.....they love the place, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the bowls of marshmallows, sweets and the chocolate fountain they can help themselves to for afters!!! :cautious:

Today, my youngest daughter thought she would have her first go with a set of chopsticks.....I have to be honest, she didn't do too well with them, but at least she gave it her best shot!! (y)

This is another one taken on my mobile phone.....;)

Day 14: "Chopstick Challenge"

Chopstick Challenge by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

You Fcuker :LOL:

what worries me is that the poor innocent gentleman at top gear has probably been mis-recognised as Don S, once or twice and has therefore probably physically suffered for looking like that. :shake::shake:

As to day 14 - cracking little cameras on those Galaxy SII's.

You Fcuker :LOL:

*snigger*

what worries me is that the poor innocent gentleman at top gear has probably been mis-recognised as Don S, once or twice and has therefore probably physically suffered for looking like that. :shake::shake:

:razz:

As to day 14 - cracking little cameras on those Galaxy SII's.

100% agree....very suprised how good it is!!

Having said that, it's quite soft compared to other shots I've taken so far.....had I used the flash, it would've been a lot better!! (y)

Day 13 :shake: that was a great one, and that fact that everyone fell hook line and sinker for it :LOL: :LOL:

As to today's your daughter is clearly better than me, if I had to use chop sticks I've be a size zero...actually :thinking: theres and idea for a diet :LOL:

Keep up the great work (y)

Matt

Day 13 :shake: that was a great one, and that fact that everyone fell hook line and sinker for it :LOL: :LOL:

As to today's your daughter is clearly better than me, if I had to use chop sticks I've be a size zero...actually :thinking: theres and idea for a diet :LOL:

Keep up the great work (y)

Matt

For people like tigerdriver and Lynton to fall for it (I've met them in person dozens of times, and both within the last week or so!), shows what a likeness it is.....still shocked that my own mum fell for it though!! :eek: Thanks for commenting, Matt!! (y)

Day 15.....

After weeks of nothing but books (see day 4), my eldest daughter has finally started to use one of her other Christmas presents, her Nintendo DS!!

Today, she hasn't put it down, and is rather chuffed with herself that she's completed one of her games.....Toy Story 3!!! :) Sadly for her, a few minutes ago, she had to admit defeat and put it on charge as the battery had gone flat!! :LOL:

Nobody else has had a look in.....and I think it's going to remain that way for quite a while.....at least until I buy her a copy of "George's Marvellous Medicine" which she's been asking me to buy her for months!! ;)

Day 15: "Get Your Own...."

Get Your Own.... by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 16.....

Scraping the barrel a bit tonight, but before I send it off to the insurers never to be seen again, here's the 7D that was dropped (see day 12).....as you can see, the magnesium chassis has a sizeable crack in it!! :crying:

This was taken with the Nikon Bridge camera I bought my wife for Christmas!!

Day 16: "Cuts And Bruises"

Day 16: Cuts And Bruises by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 17.....

Decided that I HAD to get out of the house for todays shot.....but due to meeting some potential wedding clients, I didn't have much time, so I had visit an old favourite, the A47 flyover near Acle!!

Truth be told, this is probably the worst light trail photo I've ever taken.....but at least I've got a photo to show of something outside my living room!! :p

Day 17: "Shight Trails"

Day 17: Shight Trails by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

That 7D photo is painful to see :eek: I guess that will get classed as showing signs of where and tear once posted in classifieds :LOL: :naughty:

Great to see things progressing really well with the challenge (y) as to the light trails there is improvement to be made there but as you say busy times which have stopped you getting there earlier :bonk: I hope the clients come off for you (y)

Matt

.....but at least I've got a photo to show of something outside my living room!! :p

Haha, I know what you mean - there are just days when getting out can be such a chore ;)

Ouchie on the camera - noting a bit of gripfix and a night in a vice wouldn't fix :LOL:

That 7D photo is painful to see :eek: I guess that will get classed as showing signs of where and tear once posted in classifieds :LOL: :naughty:

Great to see things progressing really well with the challenge (y) as to the light trails there is improvement to be made there but as you say busy times which have stopped you getting there earlier :bonk: I hope the clients come off for you (y)

Matt

Haha, I know what you mean - there are just days when getting out can be such a chore ;)

Thanks for commenting guys.....much appreciated!! (y)

Day 18.....

In preparation for our family holiday to Majorca later this year, my two girls are busy coercing/defrauding/hustling every single penny they can out of me, to save for their holiday spending money!!

They each received a pink plastic pig for Christmas, which keeps a tally of all the money the put in it.....as it stands at the moment, they've got considerably more to spend on holiday than I have!! :p

Day 18: "Ill-gotten Gains"

Day 18: Ill-gotten Gains by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Back