Daily Slimbert's 2012 - 366 - Day 117 Added

Nice set of photos since I last visited.... Particularly dislike the 7d photo.... Not sure why... Maybe it was the composition...... Maybe it was the lighting.... Or maybe it was the damage....

Honestly other than that I haven't seen a bad image yet (even the shight trail made me go out and do some tonight)

So keep up the good work as I like the inspiration and I like your ideas!

Day 18.....

In preparation for our family holiday to Majorca later this year, my two girls are busy coercing/defrauding/hustling every single penny they can out of me, to save for their holiday spending money!!

They each received a pink plastic pig for Christmas, which keeps a tally of all the money the put in it.....as it stands at the moment, they've got considerably more to spend on holiday than I have!! :p

Day 18: "Ill-gotten Gains"

Day 18: Ill-gotten Gains by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

I adore the colours on this one.

I may take a picture of our family piggy banks later in the year, though some may thing we have a drink problem, since my parents piggy bank is a old 4.5 litre of Martell VS Cognac and mine is a 3 litre Smirnoff Red :LOL: I used to be a bar manager :LOL: not a drunk :D

Matt

Nice set of photos since I last visited.... Particularly dislike the 7d photo.... Not sure why... Maybe it was the composition...... Maybe it was the lighting.... Or maybe it was the damage....

Honestly other than that I haven't seen a bad image yet (even the shight trail made me go out and do some tonight)

So keep up the good work as I like the inspiration and I like your ideas!

Thank you, Lee!! (y) Genuinely glad that you're enjoying my photos!!

I adore the colours on this one.

Thanks, Tony!! :)

I may take a picture of our family piggy banks later in the year, though some may thing we have a drink problem, since my parents piggy bank is a old 4.5 litre of Martell VS Cognac and mine is a 3 litre Smirnoff Red :LOL: I used to be a bar manager :LOL: not a drunk :D

Matt

I used to have a (empty!) gallon sized Bells Whiskey bottle that I used as a piggy bank when I was younger.....then my brother smashed it!! :annoyed:

Not that I expect anyone will be wondering.....but in case anyone is, I haven't forgotten about this, and I do have a photo to upload for yesterday (still to get todays!).....but I'm away for the weekend so I doubt I'll get any photos up on here till Monday evening!! :crying:

On a brighter note, I'm in London tomorrow so hopefully will have something half decent to show!!! :D

Hope your feeling better soon (y) a challenge like this can be no fun when your feeling crap :bang: I had a couple of instances like that last year :LOL: my best advise is to have a couple of easy rainy day ideas in the bank to use on days when you just feel like crap (y)

Matt

Nice variety of shots. Sorry to hear about the camera. Ouch.

Some lovely colours coming through.

Like 15, now thats a look!

Cheers, Jon!! (y) With regards to colours, I actually prefer black and white photographs, but I don't want to fall in to the trap of doing it all the time so I'm forcing myself to show more colour shots!!

Hope your feeling better soon (y) a challenge like this can be no fun when your feeling crap :bang: I had a couple of instances like that last year :LOL: my best advise is to have a couple of easy rainy day ideas in the bank to use on days when you just feel like crap (y)

Matt

Thanks for the tip, Matthew.....I've got one or two up my sleave!! ;)

Sadly, I feel even worse now, and last night I started up with an old enemy of mine.....Tonsillitis!!! :puke: :puke: :puke: So now I feel double sorry for myself!! :crying:

Still, I've got my shots....:clap:....which I'll get up on here in the next few minutes!! (y)

Catch up time!! :D

Day 19.....

Not a great shot by any means, but due to feeling rather poorly at the moment, it was literally the only shot I took that day......so whether I like it or not, I'm stuck with it!! This one was taken on my mobile phone.....my DSLR was in the boot!! :)

It shows my trusty sat nav.....and (no pun intended!) I wouldn't know where I'd be without it!! :p

This thing got me and my family from the airport to our hotel on last holiday without any problems at all.....and at 1am, in a hire car, driving on the wrong side of the road.....I'd have been completely screwed without it!!

Day 19: "Have Faith"

Day 19: Have Faith by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 20.....

Despite me feeling like death with a hangover, I'd promised the Mrs a weekend away without the kids for our 6th anniversary (of meeting, not the wedding!).....so off to Colchester we went, with a plan of spending the day in London on Saturday!! :)

With not being too on the ball at the moment, and with us traveling there quite late in the day, I was hunting around the hotel room for something to photograph when I spotted this!!

Day 20: "Open Bottle Here"

Day 20: Open Bottle Here by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 21.....

London was actually quite pleasant for a change.....the weather was good, the tube was fairly quiet, and I hadn't been arrested despite Lynton and Yv tipping them off that I'd be traveling down!! :p

We had a great day, apart from the run-in I had with a bearded-tramp-beast "woman" type creature who absolutely stunk of alcohol and **** in equal measure.....but that's an other story!! :puke: We went all over the place with our tube tickets, trying to see as much as we could.....about 10-12 tube stations in all!! :eek:

Day 21: "Mind The Gap"

Day 21: Mind The Gap by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 22.....

With just a few hours to go until we had to return home, we decided to have lunch at the coast.....so we headed to an old family favourite, Clacton-On-Sea!!

It's the first time I've visited Clacton outside of the summer season, and it's a very different place. I wasn't expecting it to be in full swing, but almost everything we went there for, was shut!! :( So we headed for the pier, and wasted a few quid on the 2p machines then set off for home!!

Day 22: "Homeward Bound"

Day 22: Homeward Bound by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

I decided to have a good look through some of the 365/6s tonight - I'm glad I started with yours, Damien - really enjoyed it. So many great photos and really like the commentary to them as well. :)

I decided to have a good look through some of the 365/6s tonight - I'm glad I started with yours, Damien - really enjoyed it. So many great photos and really like the commentary to them as well. :)

Thank you, Sam!! (y) Very kind of you to say so!! :D

Looks like you had a good break then Damien... tis a shame Lynton tipped off Clacton on your probable visit too !!!

Some more great pics... Like the B&W with Cucumber lane... and the 'Mind The Gap' pic is a cracker (y)

We had a great time, I even took some photos.....but not too many, because as you know, I only have the big camera with me so I look rich and clever!! :cautious:

The Cucumber Lane one was taken with my mobile phone.....very handy having that with me all the time!! ;)

Catch up time!! :D

Day 19.....

Not a great shot by any means, but due to feeling rather poorly at the moment, it was literally the only shot I took that day......so whether I like it or not, I'm stuck with it!! This one was taken on my mobile phone.....my DSLR was in the boot!! :)

It shows my trusty sat nav.....and (no pun intended!) I wouldn't know where I'd be without it!! :p

This thing got me and my family from the airport to our hotel on last holiday without any problems at all.....and at 1am, in a hire car, driving on the wrong side of the road.....I'd have been completely screwed without it!!

Day 19: "Have Faith"

Day 19: Have Faith by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Am I sad knowing exactly where that was taken/ S##tfarm flyover headiong to Yarmouth

What gave it away, Lynton?! :thinking:

The map in the picture, showing you exactly where I was when I took the photo, including the name of the nearby village?!! :LOL:

Day 23.....

I admitted defeat today and booked an appointment to see my GP!! :(

Apparently, as a starter I've got a mild chest infection and for the main course, I've got a bad case of Pharyngitis (which I get quite often).....:puke: So before retreating to my bed for a couple of days, I went with the Mrs to the wonderous "Poundland" to stock up on cheap drugs.....and cheap sweets, cheap crisps and cheap chocolate cake bars!! :naughty:

This was shot from the hip, and again taken on my mobile phone!! (y)

Day 23: "Cheap Drugs"

Day 23: Cheap Drugs by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Damien it's just not fair your producing better shots with a flipping phone that I'm doing my DSLR :bang: :bang: it's funny looking at your mind the gap it's not exactly what I suggested to another TPer in a C&S thread the other day, I think that you've done an excellent job with it :clap:

Matt

Damien it's just not fair your producing better shots with a flipping phone that I'm doing my DSLR :bang: :bang: it's funny looking at your mind the gap it's not exactly what I suggested to another TPer in a C&S thread the other day, I think that you've done an excellent job with it :clap:

Matt

Thank you Matthew.....the Galaxy S2 has a cracking little camera on it, with a steady hand the results can be very sharp!! Very handy having it with me all the time too!! (y)

Have you got a link to that "mind the gap" thread?! :thinking: Would quite like to see someone elses interpretation of it!! (y)

Day 24.....

I've had absolutely no will at all to take any photographs today.....so this, taken on my wifes bridge camera, will have to do!!

Here's our family pooch, Purdy, waiting for my wife to return home, with her head sticking out of the cat-flap!! She does this every time my wife goes out.....and stays rooted to that exact spot until she returns!! :wacky:

Day 24: "For God's Sake, Hurry Up Woman!!"

Day 24: For God's Sake, Hurry Up Woman!! by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Ahhhhh bless her :)

Can only really echo DK and go Aww ain't that Sweeeeeet :LOL: hope your starting to recover (y)

Matt

Cheers guys....(y)

Definitely got images for yesterday and today even if they are *****, just not processed them yet.....but sadly, as I've only had about 15-18 hours sleep over the last week, photography is not my top priority atm!!! :puke:

Cheers guys....(y)

Definitely got images for yesterday and today even if they are *****, just not processed them yet.....but sadly, as I've only had about 15-18 hours sleep over the last week, photography is not my top priority atm!!! :puke:

I'm thinking you've been sending out digital sickness as I've felt like crap the last few days :( either that or I'm coming out with sympathy sickness :LOL:

Matt

Better catch up before this gets out of hand....!!! :cautious:

Day 25.....

My eldest daughter (7 years old) is scared of the dark. Not to the point where she wakes up having nightmares etc, but she insists on leaving her bedroom door open a few inches just to help her go to sleep!!

As her door naturally closes itself, every night she'll place something in front of it to keep it open.....this time, it was her slippers!! :D

Day 25: "Night Light"

Day 25: Night Light by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 26.....

Thought I'd finally get out of the house last night as I've been laying around the house feeling sorry for myself for far too long!!

I've wanted to have a crack at this ever since I saw Matt Sayle do it AGES ago.....(at least I think it was Matt?!)!! There's so much wrong with it, it pains me to post it but it's all I have for yesterday, so up it goes!! :bonk:

The main thing I had trouble with, is that I don't have a remote release, so pulling over, pressing the shutter button using the 10 second timer, and setting off again quickly got very boring, and so this is the best (loose term) of only four frames I took!! :puke:

Day 26: "I've Been Driving In My Car"

Day 26: I've Been Driving In My Car by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 27.....

Here's Purdy again, sporting some new ears muffs that were intended for my youngest daughter to wear to school.....Purdy has taken quite a shine to them, and I doubt Poppy will be getting them back anytime soon!! :p

Day 27: "Dog-Eared"

Day 27: Dog-Eared by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 28.....

Took a trip out to Great Yarmouth today, for no other reason than I'm a glutten for punishment!! :p

I love taking the kids there during the summer, so we can waste a load of money on the 2p machines and eat fresh donuts on the way home.....but on a cold Saturday afternoon in January, it's a very different place!! :puke:

Anyway, only took 3 or 4 four photos today, and this is the best of a bad bunch.....I will hopefully have something a bit better to share tomorrow as in the afternoon I'm doing my first pre-wedding/engagement shoot of 2012!! :clap:

Day 28: "Chips And Pop"

Day 28: Chips And Pop by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

This is building into a great 366 Damien, I like the personal feel to your images by including the girls and your pooch in a lot of the photographs. Good work all round. (y)

This is building into a great 366 Damien, I like the personal feel to your images by including the girls and your pooch in a lot of the photographs. Good work all round. (y)

Thanks, Iain!! (y) I'm definitely scraping the barrel some days, but I'm getting through it which is the main thing!! :p

I keep popping in to your 52 every so often, fingers crossed we both make it to the end!! :help:

I hope that the chips were good today (y) as to the photo's since my last visit, I love the Dog one (y) that's quite tame last year when out with Darrell (thedodo) his wife my cousin dyed some of the fur on this staffy pink :LOL: it stayed pink for about 2 months :LOL: :LOL:

I also like the in car long exposures there are a couple of takes on that type of photo in my 366 line up already this year and I'm sure some more will feature at some point :LOL:

Matt

Last edited:
if you ever want to borrow a remote release ask me very nicely..... my hahnel one comes with bits and bobs for both Canon and decent cameras..... :LOL::LOL:

oh and Purds is the daftest dog ever!

Thanks, Iain!! (y) I'm definitely scraping the barrel some days, but I'm getting through it which is the main thing!! :p

I keep popping in to your 52 every so often, fingers crossed we both make it to the end!! :help:

You've got a tougher task on your hands in my opinion. 366 photographs is quite a task, especially when you want to get something decent and not just snaps. You've done well so far, keep it up! I am sure there's bound to be some you're a little less happy with but thats bound to happen. (y)

Back