Daily Slimbert's 2012 - 366 - Day 117 Added

I hope that the chips were good today (y) as to the photo's since my last visit, I love the Dog one (y) that's quite tame last year when out with Darrell (thedodo) his wife my cousin dyed some of the fur on this staffy pink :LOL: it stayed pink for about 2 months :LOL: :LOL:

I also like the in car long exposures there are a couple of takes on that type of photo in my 366 line up already this year and I'm sure some more will feature at some point :LOL:

Matt

if you ever want to borrow a remote release ask me very nicely..... my hahnel one comes with bits and bobs for both Canon and decent cameras..... :LOL::LOL:

oh and Purds is the daftest dog ever!

You've got a tougher task on your hands in my opinion. 366 photographs is quite a task, especially when you want to get something decent and not just snaps. You've done well so far, keep it up! I am sure there's bound to be some you're a little less happy with but thats bound to happen. (y)

I love that earmuffs shot - I keep trying to imagine what the poor bugger is thinking :D

Thanks for all the comments guys!!!! :clap:

I love that earmuffs shot - I keep trying to imagine what the poor bugger is thinking :D

"why the F*** do I have to live with that idiot?" :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Day 29.....

I had my first engagement shoot of the year today, with a genuinely lovely couple called Beverley and Alex!! Both are keen photographers themselves, which always adds a few more unwelcome nerves.....but as it happens, they were great at suggesting poses, and made the session very easy for me!! :clap:

I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing these guys at least once more in my 366 this year, and I'd hazard a guess, that it'll be roughly Saturday the 2nd of June.....no idea where I get that date from!?! :shrug:

Day 29: "Beverley & Alex"

Day 29: Beverley & Alex by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

No i was doing my "Crocodile Dundee Ninga S***" and reading your dogs mind.......... ;-)

Day 30.....

After an accident I had yesterday on the engagement shoot, I'm under doctors orders to rest up for the next few days!! :crying: I was genuinely hoping to liven up my 366 with some more photos taken outdoors.....but that plan will have to wait!!! :shake:

To try and cheer me up, the Mrs went to the local takeaway to get me my favourite kind of food.....CURRY!! :love:

Day 30: "My Spicy Panacea"

Day 30: My Spicy Panacea by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 31.....

Now, I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure knees aren't supposed to be this size and/or shape.....in fact it's so messed up, that I've got to wait a week before my GP can examine it properly!! :puke: He suspects some torn/snapped ligaments, including the all important cruciate ligaments.....:crying:

Whatever has happened inside there, it bloody hurts.....although I have to say, the painkillers my GP has given me are rather wonderful!!! :love:

This was taken on a mobile phone.....getting up to grab the biggun', is simply not worth the pain!! :shake:

Day 31: "A Right Proper Knee's Up"

Day 31: A Right Proper Knee's Up by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Loving this series of shots, i like the everydy feel about them (in a completley good way of course! Nothing to arty or sset up but just your life in pictures...which is how I think a 366 should be ...more personalised and interesting to you

Keep going ...will be popping in and out :)

YAY !!!!!! :clap:

As for your knee... i'd say stick a pin in it, that's bound to work

:puke:

Needles horrify me.....I'd run a mile if they suggested that!! :exit:

Loving this series of shots, i like the everydy feel about them (in a completley good way of course! Nothing to arty or sset up but just your life in pictures...which is how I think a 366 should be ...more personalised and interesting to you

Keep going ...will be popping in and out :)

Thanks, Tezz!! (y) My 366 genuinely isn't about improving or trying to create works of art, it's exactly how you described it.....a year of my life in pictures!!

I'm not out to impress anybody (good job tbh!), I just like the idea of looking back on this in years to come, simply to reminisce!! :D

Thanks for commenting, Tezz.....I really do appreciate it!! :clap:

loving the dog photos, just wish i hadn't have been having my tea when i saw that shot of your hairy leg :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Day 32.....

Total desperation led to this one.....and I apologise completely for it!!! :p

Apart from a trip to the doctors, and another one to A&E, this has been my view since Sunday evening.....boring, isn't it?! :puke:

Day 32: "Bedroom With A View"

Day 32: Bedroom With A View by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 33.....

Something a little more cheerful today!! :D

I had a visit from a friend of my wife tonight (all above board, I promise!), who makes wedding cakes, fairy cakes, carrot cakes.....basically, anything with cake in it!! :p

She's about to have some business cards made, and asked if I could take a few quick photos that could be used on the back of the business cards.....when faced with the offer of free cake, how on earth could I refuse such a task!! :shrug:

Day 33: "Will Work For Cake"

Day 33: Will Work For Cake by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

almost good enough to eat........ tidy up the background though...........

OOoooooo they look Scrummy - Nom nom nom :clap:

She left eight of 'em.....proper lovely too!! (y)

almost good enough to eat........ tidy up the background though...........

Seriously, if you like cakes, these are heaven!!!! :love:

Regarding the background, I did think about tidying it up.....but in the end, I just can't be bothered.....for the record, the above photo is straight OOC, apart from a contrast boost and a touch of sharpening!!

You know exactly how lazy I am when it comes to processing.....it there's more than 10 seconds needed, it gets binned!! ;)

Those cakes look lovely nom nom nom. Been following this everyday waiting for updates Your doing well got more will power than me I would of given up after about a week!

Those cakes look lovely nom nom nom. Been following this everyday waiting for updates Your doing well got more will power than me I would of given up after about a week!

Thanks, Ian!! (y) I've had a couple of days where I really couldn't be bothered, and almost gave up.....thankfully it's still going!! :D

Only 332 photos left to go!!! :help:

Day 34.....

Today we had a visit from my nephew, a very handsome little man called Ashton!!

Both my wife and my youngest daughter are completely besotted with him, but I managed to sneak in and grab a quick photo while he was getting ready to go out for a walk!! :p

Day 34: "Ashton"

Day 34: Ashton by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 13.....
.....then, low and behold, up I popped on screen, stood right behind Mr Clarkson while he was doing the "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" segment, interviewing Simon Pegg and Nick Frost!!

Day 13: "My 5 Seconds Of Fame"

brill, great guest night too. :clap:

Some fab shots so far Damien, loving Day 25 and 26 amongst others.

brill, great guest night too. :clap:

Some fab shots so far Damien, loving Day 25 and 26 amongst others.

Sorry to break this to you Adam, but if you'd read a few more posts you'd have discovered that it was a hoax.....sadly, the guy in the photo isn't me, just a look-a-like!! :p

Having met me in person a few times, you're more than qualified to confirm the likeness though.....bit scary IMO!! :eek:

Thanks for commenting.....really do appreciate it!! (y)

Sorry to break this to you Adam, but if you'd read a few more posts you'd have discovered that it was a hoax.....sadly, the guy in the photo isn't me, just a look-a-like!! :p

Having met me in person a few times, you're more than qualified to confirm the likeness though.....bit scary IMO!! :eek:

Thanks for commenting.....really do appreciate it!! (y)

Oh!...right. damn it! :bonk: .:nuts:

Yeah, He's very good isn;t he, Im guessing he makes very little earnings out of it? :D

no prob, nice to bump into the thread, good shots. (y)

in fact Adam, Damien couldn't be arsed to drive down to Surrey so bought his "look a like" (poor sod) a cornetto and a bag of dorito's for being the stand in.......

I want a cake now :( and all we have in the house are rubbish, crime of crime I don't even have any Jaffa Cakes :cautious: I think I've been raided by a local moderator while I wasn't looking :annoyed:

Congratulations on completing your first month of the challenge :woot:

Matt

I want a cake now :( and all we have in the house are rubbish, crime of crime I don't even have any Jaffa Cakes :cautious: I think I've been raided by a local moderator while I wasn't looking :annoyed:

Congratulations on completing your first month of the challenge :woot:

Matt

Cheers, Matt!! (y) If I'm honest, I'm surprised I've made it this far.....fingers crossed for another month!! :p

Day 35.....

Like many other places in England, we had our first snowfall of 2012 tonight!!

My daughters genuinely love it when it snows, but not nearly as much as my wife does.....and all of them combined, don't enjoy the snow even half as much as our Labradoodle, Purdy!!

She's goes absolutely mental when it snows.....!! :wacky:

Day 35: "Snow-Drunk"

Day 35: Snow-Drunk by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

My mate was just telling me about his kittens first snow this morning ... OMG glee madness!!!

... Hey I bet they have snow falling in pet heaven like all the time, its paradise to them :LOL:

Smashing shot ... (y)

in fact Adam, Damien couldn't be arsed to drive down to Surrey so bought his "look a like" (poor sod) a cornetto and a bag of dorito's for being the stand in.......

:LOL:

..I heard it was just half a bag. :shrug: :D

My mate was just telling me about his kittens first snow this morning ... OMG glee madness!!!

... Hey I bet they have snow falling in pet heaven like all the time, its paradise to them :LOL:

Smashing shot ... (y)

Thanks, Adam!! (y) She's currently sat with her head out of the cat flap, waiting for the snow to start falling again!! :wacky: I honestly think that if we'd let her, she'd jump around chasing snowflakes until she collapsed from exhaustion!!!

Day 36.....

I spent most of yesterday looking forward to watching my first Superbowl game in over a decade!! I've always enjoyed American Football, but for one reason or another, I kept on missing the big one.....:crying:

It was a cracker of a game, and thankfully my chosen team for the night (I've supported the SF 49ers since I was 7!) the New York Giants, played a blinder, to win by 2 points!! :clap:

I tried to think of various ways to take a photograph to mark the event, but in the end I gave up, and settled for a camera phone pic of the events logo!! :LOL:

Day 36: "The Greatest Show On Earth"

Day 36: The Greatest Show On Earth by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 37.....

My youngest daughter, Poppy, brought a lovely present home today from playschool.....a hand made Valentine's Day card for her Dad!! :clap:

It's the first one I've received for several years (violins please!), and it now has pride of place on my desk.....:D

Day 37: "To Daddy"

Day 37: To Daddy by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Back