Daily Slimbert's 2012 - 366 - Day 117 Added

Day 80.....

Here's my youngest daughter lusting after her big sisters camera. She did have her own, but it didn't last long in her destructive hands and it soon ended up in the bin!!

I've since bought here the exact same one her sister has, for our family holiday in June so they don't spend the entire holiday arguing about who gets to use it.....anything for a bit of peace and quiet!! :help:

Day 80: "I Want That One"

Day 80: I Want That One by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 80 works well (y) my niece got a new camera for Christmas and uncle Matt has had to take here out a few times with it :LOL:

:wacky::wacky: at least ' "a la orange" and "with brandy and cherry sauce" :LOL:

I've been taming some of the Swans at Wroxham of late...... sooner or later... one of them will end up in the back of the car............ :cautious: Apparently they taste like Bittern / Osprey but a bit less "gamey"

I've hear Kingfisher is very tasty but you need a whole flock to get a meal out of them :naughty:

Matt

Day 81.....

We've had a few late nights this week for one reason or another, and three nights out of four, Poppy has fallen asleep on the settee and I've had to carry her upstairs to bed!!

When I told her what she'd done the first night it happened, she wouldn't believe me. So the second night she did it, I got some proof!! :naughty:

Day 81: "Sleepyhead"

Day 81: Sleepyhead by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 82.....

My new toy arrived today.....nothing fancy, but something that could prove very useful for when I'm photographing the first dance at weddings.....a YN160 LED video light!!

Sometimes, disco lights in a dark room can make shooting the first dance a nightmare, so fingers crossed this should make things a fair bit easier!!

Day 82: "LED's Are Go!!"

Day 82: LED's Are Go!! by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 83....

During a a trip to the supermarket, I noticed these on the end of the wine aisle and took a snap with my mobile phone.....portion sized cartons of red wine!! I know La Comida translates to "food" in spanish, but are people really putting these in their lunchboxes along with a straw!?! :eek:

Day 83: "A Spanish Lunch"

Day 83: A Spanish Lunch by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
White LED's are a white balance nightmare, I'm going to bet you will need quite a warm white balance to counter that new light (y) that one of Poppy is brilliant :LOL:

Matt

They claim to be 5500K, but I haven't had chance to test that out yet.....most of my first dance photos end up black and white to get rid of the stupid disco lights/lasers, so the temp doesn't matter so much.....I guess ultimately, time will tell!! :D

Cheers for commenting, Matt!! (y)

They claim to be 5500K, but I haven't had chance to test that out yet.....most of my first dance photos end up black and white to get rid of the stupid disco lights/lasers, so the temp doesn't matter so much.....I guess ultimately, time will tell!! :D

Cheers for commenting, Matt!! (y)

:naughty: I have a garage fully of stuff like them stupid lights and lasers :exit:

I be you really hate our dry ice and smoke machines then :LOL: :LOL: :exit:

:naughty: I have a garage fully of stuff like them stupid lights and lasers :exit:

I be you really hate our dry ice and smoke machines then :LOL: :LOL: :exit:

I'll be honest, I've never wrestled with a smoke machine (yet!) but those stupid little laser things that cover everything in tiny multi-coloured dots are a PITA!! :razz:

I'll be honest, I've never wrestled with a smoke machine (yet!) but those stupid little laser things that cover everything in tiny multi-coloured dots are a PITA!! :razz:

I've got one of those in the garage :razz: though I do feel your pain on that front, I don't think we've have ever had the laser on for the first dance, it' doesn't exactly say first dance :shrug:

I think however that the dry ice could make a really nice low PoV first dance image as it drifts round the couples lower legs (y)

Matt

Day 84.....

Another cheat from me today, as this was taken by my youngest daughter, Poppy using her new camera!!

When I asked her why she'd taken it, she told me it's because she thinks I look like Harry Hill!! :shrug:

Day 84: "Daddy Hill"

Day 84: Daddy Hill by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 85.....

The Leeds United shirt arrived that I'd bought for my eldest, ahead of our trip to oop north for the Leeds vs Watford game we're attending this weekend!! :D

I asked her if she had a message for Watford, so out came the tongue and the "Loser" sign.....that's my girl!!

Day 85: "A Message For Watford"

Day 85: A Message For Watford by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 86.....

Poppy hasn't put down the camera I bought her for her to use on holiday.....she's taken photos of pretty much everything in our house, including chasing her sister around for half an hour so she could get a photo of her bum!! :wacky:

She wouldn't leave me alone earlier, because I've had a shave and she "hasn't got a photo of that yet" (she has!).....so I returned fire and refused to stop taking pictures of her until she'd switched her camera off!! :naughty:

Day 86: "Return Fire"

Day 86: Return Fire by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 88.....

Well, after loads of planning and excitement, Lexi's (and my) trip to see Leeds United play this weekend is now dead in the water.....amongst other things, she's come down with a fever and she's also started with another ear infection so there's no chance she'll be fit to attend the game!! :shake:

Also, I can't make any of the other games this season so that's the end of that.....!! :crying:

Day 88: "And That's The End Of That"

Day 88: And That's The End Of That by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Aww shame you wont be able to watch Watford give you guys a pasting :) :) :) :)

Seriously, hope your daughter gets beeter soon, nothing worse than a sick child, cant help really feeling for them

Last edited:
That's a real shame about Lexi :shake: I hope that she's feeling better soon (y) nice work on day 86 (y) return fire (y) very good :clap:

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks, Matthew!! (y) She's mending quite quickly, so there's a slim chance we might still make it to the match.....got all my fingers crossed!! :D

Thanks, Matthew!! (y) She's mending quite quickly, so there's a slim chance we might still make it to the match.....got all my fingers crossed!! :D

All of them, If I didn't know better :LOL: I'd ask if that was a Norfolk thing :naughty: :exit: before Lynton lynches me :LOL:

All of them, If I didn't know better :LOL: I'd ask if that was a Norfolk thing :naughty: :exit: before Lynton lynches me :LOL:

I have the correct number of fingers and toes as I come from a land far far away where people don't fear the rising sun or hot running water......Lynton is a local, and so still believes that the earth is flat and that the use of toilet paper is considered witchcraft!! :puke:

I have the correct number of fingers and toes as I come from a land far far away where people don't fear the rising sun or hot running water......Lynton is a local, and so still believes that the earth is flat and that the use of toilet paper is considered witchcraft!! :puke:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Day 89.....

Due to the nature of her illness (ear infection), Lexi can't hear very well at the moment. When she asked for the speakers to be turned on so she could hear the BBC Bitesize website, I underestimated how loud she'd need them to be!! :eek:

So out came my trusty headphones, which meant I could spend upwards of 10 hours charging Sanyo Eneloops in relative peace and quiet!! :puke:

Day 89: "Silence Is Golden"

Day 89: Silence Is Golden by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

First time in a while I have visited your 366 Damien but i have been following it on facebook. Great work (y) I enjoy the continued personal touch to your thread. A little insight into the Slimbert family and something which i am sure you can look back on with fond memories (obviously not so fond from Lexi's point of view on the ear infection :LOL:)
Keep up the good work. Iain

I'll be needing that soon, so feel free to call in whenever you're passing.....or let me know when you're in and I'll pop round to collect it!! (y)
I'm working from home all weekend if your passing ?? if not I will definetly pop in one night this week, as I won't be working so late this week :)

Day 85.....

The Leeds United shirt arrived that I'd bought for my eldest, ahead of our trip to oop north for the Leeds vs Watford game we're attending this weekend!! :D

I asked her if she had a message for Watford, so out came the tongue and the "Loser" sign.....that's my girl!!

Day 85: "A Message For Watford"

Day 85: A Message For Watford by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Whose the losers now??? :razz::razz::razz::razz::razz:

0-2 :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I bet he has too... Celebrating something with any luck, Surly not still drowning his sorrow's ;)

Well if he will insist on supporting a perpetual disappointment that is Leeds United :naughty:

Back