Daily Slimbert's 2012 - 366 - Day 117 Added

That burger is stunning can I order one for when I'm in Norfolk at some point in the future :LOL: I'll repay if your up my neck of the woods, I'd send something back with Lynton but it would get lost in transit :thinking:

Matt

That burger is stunning can I order one for when I'm in Norfolk at some point in the future :LOL: I'll repay if your up my neck of the woods, I'd send something back with Lynton but it would get lost in transit :thinking:

Matt

Thank you, Matt!! (y) I don't cook (from scratch) as often as I should do, but once in a while I like to make the effort!!

Day 69.....

We had a family trip up to Leeds this weekend for my mums 50th birthday party.....

Here's my eldest daughter relaxing in our hotel room, feeling a little bit sorry for herself, due to coming out in a rash (you can just see it on her cheek) within an hour of arriving at the hotel!! :crying:

Still no idea what caused it, but luckily it had completely gone by the next morning!!

Day 69: "R'n'R"

Day 69: R'n'R by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 70.....

While up in Leeds, I was invited along to watch a friend of mine play rugby. He's plays Inside Centre for Bramley Phoenix RUFC 2nd team. I only got to see the second half, but at least I got to see them win!!

Here he is second from left.....the bald, ugly one!! :p

Day 70: "Kicked In To Touch"

Day 70: Kicked In To Touch by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 71.....

Before we left Leeds for home, we visited my favourite sandwich shop.....Slip's Deli near Headingley!!! :love:

I've been going to this place for years, and pop in whenever I can while I'm in the area. Their menu has some great combinations, but my personal favourite, is the "Chiba"......which is full of chicken, bacon, sauted mushrooms and melted danish blue cheese!!

Day 71: "Chiba Time"

Day 71: Chiba Time by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Seeing that Rugby one really makes me want to go out this weekend and do some rugger photo's, not sure if I'll want to do anything though :(

I love the business cards (y) simple but very effective (y)

Matt

Seeing that Rugby one really makes me want to go out this weekend and do some rugger photo's, not sure if I'll want to do anything though :(

I love the business cards (y) simple but very effective (y)

Matt

Thanks, Matt!! (y)

I can't wait either... i was thinking maybe it's time to visit the wonders in Ipswich (Take your own sheep & wellies)

Ipswich is a weird place.....I don't understand what the point of it is?!! :shrug: :thinking: :p

Day 73.....

The cupboard under the stairs was getting out of control, and I needed to find a couple of softboxes that I hadn't seen for months......so I rolled up my sleeves, and dived in!!

While creating even more mess, I found all the empty boxes for my camera gear, and I was a little shocked to see how many there were!! Among them, were these little gems.....my trusty Yongnuos!! :love:

Although I've now moved on to other brands, these are great flashguns for the price, and if you can put up with the dodgy build quality, I can't think of a better value for money brand of speedlite!! (y)

Day 73: "YongTastic"

Day 73: YongTastic by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 74.....

Finally, my damaged camera and lens were returned from the repairers!! :clap:

While I was busy giving them the once over, the girls immediately grabbed the packaging and decided to play "Kitchens".....here they are making a "roasted pea soup", whatever the hell that is!?! :shrug:

Day 74: "Roasted Pea Soup"

Day 74: Roasted Pea Soup by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 75.....

My eldest daughter, Lexi, took her first proper tumble today while riding her scooter.....just a minute or two after her mum told her to be careful, and not to go down the hill too fast!!!

Anyway, she'll learn her lesson tonight, when she has to scrub her wounds clean in the shower!!! :LOL:

This was taken with my repaired 7D and Sigma 18-50mm f2.8.....feels good to have them back, even if they are only back-ups!! :D

Day 75: "Mum Knows Best"

Day 75: Mum Knows Best by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Aww, I'm glad I'm not the only one to have taken gruesome photo's for my challenge, though mine was last year when I had a tooth pulled :LOL: and you sir have a lot of speed lights :LOL: especially if replaced one for one :LOL:

Matt

poor Lexi... there she was in pain.. suffering.. and all you were, was ... hold it.. get out of the way for the camera.... smile....

hm that reminds me of an evening at your old house....:eek::eek:

Aww, I'm glad I'm not the only one to have taken gruesome photo's for my challenge, though mine was last year when I had a tooth pulled :LOL: and you sir have a lot of speed lights :LOL: especially if replaced one for one :LOL:

Matt

The flashguns have become a problem of late, and I've only shown the Yongnuo ones!! In an effort to sort it out, I recently sold two......then went to WEx today and bought another!! :bang:

poor Lexi... there she was in pain.. suffering.. and all you were, was ... hold it.. get out of the way for the camera.... smile....

hm that reminds me of an evening at your old house....:eek::eek:

Only I wasn't drunk this time!! :beer:

Day 76.....

Being a Yorkshireman, I can't resist a bargain!! So when my favourite cereal (or any other food I like!) comes up for sale for £1 a box, I take full advantage and load my trolley up as high as it'll go!!

These are definitely my favourite.....if you haven't tried them yet, then you should!!

Day 76: "Bargainlicious"

Day 76: Bargainlicious by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 77.....

Meet Starsky and Hutch, who a few weeks ago started greeting us every morning by our front door. They hang around for a bit, make sure we're all okay, then go next door and do the same!!

Yesterday they even came to great me when I returned from a doctors appointment.....I feel like much safer knowing they are looking for me, it's what I imagine having a big brother feels like!! :LOL:

Day 77: "Starsky And Hutch"

Day 77: Starsky and Hutch by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

I'm loving the ducks (y) it works really well, I've played with vintage effects like that in the past and will be trying again in the future (y)

Matt

That's not a vintage effect, it's a "using my mobile phone through a window" effect!! :LOL:

Thanks for commenting, Matt!! (y)

That's not a vintage effect, it's a "using my mobile phone through a window" effect!! :LOL:

Thanks for commenting, Matt!! (y)

Well it look vinage (y) so PP effects out the window, I'm taking a window and a mobile the next time I want a vintage finish on my photos :LOL:

Day 78.....

I'm taking my eldest daughter to see her first ever football match next weekend, to see the greatest football team in the world, Leeds United, take a sunday league pub team called Watford!! :shrug:

She doesn't know about this yet. I won't be telling her until the LUFC shirt I've bought her arrives.....no doubt a photo of her wearing it will pop up on my 366 within the next few days!! ;)

Here's my new scarf, which I've had to buy as my old one is clearly so old, it's run off to die in a field somewhere alone!! :p

Day 78: "If Carlsberg Made Scarves"

Day 78: If Carlsberg Made Scarves by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 79.....

Another one taken on my mobile phone during a visit to Warehouse Express.

Never ceases to amaze me how this place can suck money out of my wallet without me noticing.....this time it robbed me of £200!! :crying:

Day 79: "Warehouse Express"

Day 79: Warehouse Express by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 77.....

Meet Starsky and Hutch, who a few weeks ago started greeting us every morning by our front door. They hang around for a bit, make sure we're all okay, then go next door and do the same!!

Yesterday they even came to great me when I returned from a doctors appointment.....I feel like much safer knowing they are looking for me, it's what I imagine having a big brother feels like!! :LOL:

Day 77: "Starsky And Hutch"

Day 77: Starsky and Hutch by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

cracking names for them. I assume the male is Starsky... if they got that close to my front door, I'd just have to entice them into.......... the freezer with some bread........

Well it look vinage (y) so PP effects out the window, I'm taking a window and a mobile the next time I want a vintage finish on my photos :LOL:

Day 79.....

Another one taken on my mobile phone during a visit to Warehouse Express.

Never ceases to amaze me how this place can suck money out of my wallet without me noticing.....this time it robbed me of £200!! :crying:

Day 79: "Warehouse Express"

Day 79: Warehouse Express by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

the holy grail of all things photographic............ even (evil) Pentax. £200 I would call a result.

Last time I "popped in there" I spent...... hmmm, £3.49? (Decimal point is there on the off chance my wife finds this page!!)

Last edited:
if they got that close to my front door, I'd just have to entice them into.......... the freezer with some bread........

I honestly think these little chaps would come in the house.....they seem completely unfazed by humans and even sit watching the young'uns play football etc!!

the holy grail of all things photographic............ even (evil) Pentax. £200 I would call a result.

Last time I "popped in there" I spent...... hmmm, £3.49? (Decimal point is there on the off chance my wife finds this page!!)

If I hadn't had to get back to pick Poppy up from Playschool, it could've been a whole lot worse.....especially when the guy behind the counter started showing me some Bowens studio lights.....serious cold sweats ever since!! :help:

just stare him down and ask about his commission.... and then ask if they stock youngnou's...

Shut your face.....I've got Man Flu, so obviously everything in the world has to come to a complete stand still until I say it can start again!! :razz:
:LOL:

Love the Duck Pic... have a couple that visit us every day too, but my family lack imagination... Donald and Daisy :cautious:

Last edited:
:LOL:

Love the Duck Pic... have a couple that visit us every day too, but my family lack imagination... Donald and Daisy :cautious:

:wacky::wacky: at least ' "a la orange" and "with brandy and cherry sauce" :LOL:

I've been taming some of the Swans at Wroxham of late...... sooner or later... one of them will end up in the back of the car............ :cautious: Apparently they taste like Bittern / Osprey but a bit less "gamey"

Back