Daily Slimbert's 2012 - 366 - Day 117 Added

Love the depth of field you've managed to get on the monopoly shot (45). What did you use for the black background?

The black part of the image at the bottom of he frame is actually one of my hi-fi speakers.....specifically, a huge pair of TDL RTL4's if anyone is geeky enough to be interested!! :shrug:

The strong flash was bounced off the ceiling, so the black speaker underneath the board is deliberately very dark.....(y)

Oh, and thanks for commenting!! :clap:

Gosh I can see its been ages since i last looked in, my apologises for that!

I am loving the monopoly image and glad to see that you are not allowing the pain in your knee to get in the way of your project ... brilliant and blinding images so far ...keep it up :)

Gosh I can see its been ages since i last looked in, my apologises for that!

I am loving the monopoly image and glad to see that you are not allowing the pain in your knee to get in the way of your project ... brilliant and blinding images so far ...keep it up :)

No worries at all, Tezz.....I'm definitely guilty of not popping in to other people 52's and 365's etc myself!! :whistle:

Thanks for your comments.....they really are appreciated!! (y)

Day 51.....

I was running out of time last night to get a shot.....I genuinely couldn't think of anything, and had almost given up, when I noticed a little present my youngest daughter had left for me on my bedside table.....phew!!! :D

Taken using a mobile phone as getting downstairs to my camera bag just wasn't happening!!! ;)

Day 51: "A Present For Daddy"

Day 51: A Present For Daddy by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 52.....

For those that have forgotten, or simply don't care, today is/was Shrove Tuesday.....and as you'll have seen if you've looked through the last few days of my 366, I bloody love Pancakes!!! :love:

With me still suffering with my knee (and because I was playing Saints Row: The Third, on my PS3), I put my wife in charge of the pancakes.....easy peasy I thought, as I'd bought the pre-mixed "just add water" shaker things.....sadly, for my wife, even this was too complicated, and they were a total disaster!!!

Next year, I'll be doing it myself.....!!

Day 52: "Pancake Battered Mix"

Day 52: Pancake Battered Mix by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Nearly missed this comment, Matt....!! :help:

Can't believe anyone can get to 26 without playing Monopoly.....I though it was law to play it at least once during childhood!?! :shrug:

I think that I must be the only one to have not played it, there's a challenge for me for the end of the year, I'm going to buy and play monopoly (y) some really nice photo's since I last called in (y) though I think that your trying to make me hungry as I'm literally salivating at the thought of pancakes now :shake:

That LUFC have you considered a little bit of tilt shift treatment on it :thinking:

Matt

I think that I must be the only one to have not played it, there's a challenge for me for the end of the year, I'm going to buy and play monopoly (y) some really nice photo's since I last called in (y) though I think that your trying to make me hungry as I'm literally salivating at the thought of pancakes now :shake:

That LUFC have you considered a little bit of tilt shift treatment on it :thinking:

Matt

Food will make many appearances throughout this 366.....and I'm not one for salads!! :nuts:

I did try with the LUFC photo, but whichever way I shifted it, something made it look wrong.....in my defence, it was a sneaky camera phone pic, shot from the hip.....the stewards don't like people taking photos, and I was sat right next to where three of them were stood so I couldn't compose the shot!! :bang:

Day 53.....

I'm going to cheat today.....but let me explain before you shoot me down in flames!! :p

I looked through my 366 earlier today from start to finish, and noticed that there isn't much of my paid photography work on show.....this is mainly due to the bulk of my work being seasonal (summer weddings!) but also because not every client wants their photos shown on Facebook etc. Noticing this, I thought I should bend the rules slightly (I won't make a habit of it!) and share something from a paid shoot!! (y)

So here's the cheat.....despite me having taken two shots for todays pic, the photo I'm going to use was taken a few days ago (the same day I was up in the cherry picker) as part of a commercial shoot for a company called The Phoenix Works, who are a solar panel installation company, based in the North of England.

Now, although it was taken a few days ago, it was actually processed today.....so it's only a small cheat!! ;)

Meet one of the managing directors, Tom!!

Day 53: "Tom"

Day 53: Tom by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 54.....

With the sunshine making a comeback today in Norwich, the girls were eager to get out in the garden when they got home from school.....and wherever the girls are, Purdy is never far away!! ;)

Here she is in all her scruffy glory, waiting at the backdoor for the girls to get their trainers on.....sticking her tounge out for good measure!! :p

Also worth noting, is that this is the first photo in my 366 that was taken using my 70-200mm.....it usually only comes out to play at weddings and trips to the zoo!!

Day 54: "Scruffy Mutt"

Day 54: Scruffy Mutt by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 55....

Bacardi has been my tipple of choice for longer than I can remember.....always with Cola and always with lots of ice!! :love:

Last night I had a few too many.....in fact I was still pouring pints (yes, pints!) at 3 o'clock this morning!!! :help:

Day 55: "Welcome To The Latin Quarter"

Day 55: Welcome To The Latin Quarter by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 56.....

Had a very lazy day at home today, mainly due to last nights drinking and resulting hangover I've been suffering with.....:puke:

Realising that I still needed a shot for my 366, I went all out to get a shot of either of my girlies.....but neither of them were in the mood and mostly all I got was the back of their heads.....however, being the sneaky Dad that I am, I managed to get a cheeky one of Lexi trying to hide under her Hello Kitty fleece blanket.....they can run, but they can't hide forever!! ;)

Day 56: "Peek-A-Boo"

Day 56: Peek-A-Boo by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Yet more great images again Damien, especially considering that you have the dodgy leg currently (y) as to the cheat, I don't think that it's too bad to cheat occasionally and at the end of the day it is your challenge (y) so it's down to you to make your rules (y)

Matt

Yet more great images again Damien, especially considering that you have the dodgy leg currently (y) as to the cheat, I don't think that it's too bad to cheat occasionally and at the end of the day it is your challenge (y) so it's down to you to make your rules (y)

Matt

Thanks for popping in, Matt.....I genuinely do appreciate it!! (y)

The knee is mending nicely, although I think it's going to be quite a while until it's back to normal!!

Day 57.....

Enjoyed an engagement shoot today with a lovely couple who've booked me for their wedding this April.....and in tow, was their seriously cute daughter, Chloe.....who was far more interested in running around playing, than being in front of the camera!!

Luckily, my sneaky-ness levels were still high from yesterday.....so it was only a matter of time before I got her!!

Day 57: "Chloe"

Day 57: Chloe by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 58.....

Sadly for my tastebuds, the "lose weight for our summer holiday" diet starts today, so last night I took a farewell photo of my favourite snacks......namely, Smiths Bacon Flavour Fries and Scampi Flavour Fries!! :crying:

It truly is a very sad day.....

Day 58: "Farewell My Friends"

Day 58: Farewell My Friends by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 59.....

I made an executive decision this morning, to stay in my pajamas and do as little as possible.....so far, it's all going to plan!! :D

Here's the pajama top I'm currently wearing, that was clearly designed especially for me.....!! :cautious:

Day 59: "Ladies Man"

Day 59: Ladies Man by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Oooo Scampi Fries :clap: not seen them for yonks !!!!

Love the Barcardi shot Damien, would make a good advert (y)

Kep em a coming... but please let the PJ top be the last of your bed/underwear to be seen :eek:

Nice capture of your daughter and a Great top mate (y)

Last edited:
Oooo Scampi Fries :clap: not seen them for yonks !!!!

Love the Barcardi shot Damien, would make a good advert (y)

Kep em a coming... but please let the PJ top be the last of your bed/underwear to be seen :eek:

Nice capture of your daughter and a Great top mate (y)

Just be greatful I didn't photograph the bottom half!!! :LOL:

Just love the subject and DOF in this photo, and then there's the colours! Nice :)

Thanks, Adam!! (y) Really appreciate your comments!!

Bacon and Scampi Fries, I love them :love: :love: :love: so does my old man so when ever I'm working in a venue that stocks them I have to bring some home for him :LOL:

I should add you've done a great job on the photo's as always too..

I've meant to ask any news one your damaged 7D and insurance??

Matt

I've meant to ask any news one your damaged 7D and insurance??

Matt

At the moment, the 7D is with Canon being repaired, and the lens is with Sigma for the same reason.....going by what my insurance company told me, I should have them back by next Friday at the latest.

The list of repairs to the 7D were quite scary when they read them out to me.....everything from a new rear screen, a new magnesium chassis, battery compartment, lens mount etc.....the list went on and on and on, to the point where it'll be almost a completely new camera!! The other good thing, is that it'll be having a complete sevice and be fully calibrated before it's sent to me.....something I was looking at having done anyway!!

The lens is much the same story, from what I can tell, the only original part will be some of the front elements, and the lens hood......the rest will be all brand new including the rear mount, the electrics, the gears etc.....and of course it will also be calibrated too!!

If I'm honest, I would've rather had new equipment, but the repairs are so extensive, I'm more than happy!! :D

Dog on 55 is spot on In my books!

Day 62.....

Almost forgot to get my shot for day 62, but with 4 minutes to go, I grabbed my mobile phone, grabbed the sleeve for my tub of houmous I was enjoying, and grabbed this.....phew, disaster avoided!!! :D

Day 62: "Mmmmm.....Houmous"

Day 62: Mmmmm.....Houmous by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 63.....

Yesterday, I assisted my good friend Ryan Jarvis (ryanyboy) at one of his training courses....."Getting the most from your Digital SLR - Portraits".

I had a great time as we had really good group of people attend....and I think it's safe to say that everyone learnt something valuable and came away more enthusiastic about their photography.....job done!!

Here's a snap taken during one of the classroom based parts of the day.....(y)

Day 63: "Aperture, Aperture, Aperture....."

Day 63: Aperture, Aperture, Aperture..... by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Good to know that they are on the road to recovery, it's hard to believe that they're not just replacing them, I'm looking at a new camera in coming weeks, just to decide what to get :LOL: choices :eek:

Now to photo's, I don't think that Ryan will want that as a promotional picture :LOL: that guy at the back looks really board :thinking: but then I'm always board on courses, I'm a hands on type of guy, learn by doing has always been my moto (y)

Matt

Day 64.....

With my first wedding of 2012 just around the corner, the engagement shoots are coming in thick and fast at the moment!! Here's one taken on Sunday of the Groom and his son, Logan.....who in his own mums words is a "little wriggle monster"!!

Day 64: "Little Wriggle Monster"

Day 64: Little Wriggle Monster by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Good to know that they are on the road to recovery, it's hard to believe that they're not just replacing them, I'm looking at a new camera in coming weeks, just to decide what to get :LOL: choices :eek:

The 7D is a belter.....I went back to them after buying a 5Dmk2 for a while!! (y)

Now to photo's, I don't think that Ryan will want that as a promotional picture :LOL: that guy at the back looks really board :thinking: but then I'm always board on courses, I'm a hands on type of guy, learn by doing has always been my moto (y)

Matt

It's a beginners course, and at least half had never used anything but the auto setting.....sending the attendees out to shoot models for the first time without some instruction is asking for disaster!! I'd guess about 1/3 of the day is spent in the classroom, with the rest spent outside shooting the models!! (y)

Day 67.....

Even though me and the Mrs are on our "lose weight for our summer holiday" diet, we still insist on having a treat once in a while.....so today I rustled up the girls favourite.....Daddy's home made burgers!!

These are as lean as a beef burger can be.....extra lean beef, cooked on the good old George Forman Grill, with nothing added except grated onion, fresh chillies, and herbs.....even the cheese is half fat!!!!

Day 67: "Time For Tea"

Day 67: Time For Tea by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
The 7D is a belter.....I went back to them after buying a 5Dmk2 for a while!! (y)

It's a beginners course, and at least half had never used anything but the auto setting.....sending the attendees out to shoot models for the first time without some instruction is asking for disaster!! I'd guess about 1/3 of the day is spent in the classroom, with the rest spent outside shooting the models!! (y)

Cheers for clarifying that Mr D. And if you have anymore images of me teaching (especially when we on location) could you email them to me please. I might put a couple of FB. Cheers.

Back