Daily Slimbert's 2012 - 366 - Day 117 Added

I've got all my photos, so I've not failed quite yet.....but my mum is down visiting from Leeds at the moment, so I've not got round to processing/uploading etc.....and yes, I'm currently on the Bacardi, courtesy of a client!! :D

Also, go easy on the swipes at LUFC.....we've got Ken Bates as our chairman, which is much the same as having 20 points automatically deducted every season!! :razz:

I've got all my photos, so I've not failed quite yet.....but my mum is down visiting from Leeds at the moment, so I've not got round to processing/uploading etc.....and yes, I'm currently on the Bacardi, courtesy of a client!! :D

Also, go easy on the swipes at LUFC.....we've got Ken Bates as our chairman, which is much the same as having 20 points automatically deducted every season!! :razz:

Look if I have to put up with Coventry s***y as my local team the least I can do is mock your team :exit:

Day 90.....

All packed and ready to go for our little adventure oop north!!

Not that we needed to take much but I guess to a 7 year old, a big car journey, your first football match and an overnight stay in a hotel, is quite a big deal!!

And for the second time in as many matches, I forgot my LUFC scarf!! :bonk:

Day 90: "All Packed And Ready To Go"

Day 90: All Packed And Ready To Go by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 91.....

Finally, we made it to the match!! :banana:

Sadly, it was a dreadful display by Leeds and we ended up losing 2-0.....however, we decided to ignore the actual score, and we're pretending that it was 5-0 to Leeds at the final whistle.....we've let the FA know of our decision so that they can change the official result and the current league table!! :D

I couldn't sneak my camera in to the stadium, so I had to use my mobile phone!!

Day 91: "Marching On Together"

Day 91: Marching On Together by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 92.....

Before we set off back to Norfolk, we picked up my mum who's visiting for a few days during the easter holidays.....which means magazines and treats for the girls, Ferrero Rocher for Mrs Slimbert, and bags of Haribo for me!! :D

Day 92: "The Happy World Of Haribo"

Day 92: The Happy World Of Haribo by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Your positively hateful why when ever I touch a camera phone all I get is a blurred mess but when you do you get such a stunning photo :shake: it's just not right :annoyed: pleased to see the update though (y)

Matt

Your positively hateful why when ever I touch a camera phone all I get is a blurred mess but when you do you get such a stunning photo :shake: it's just not right :annoyed: pleased to see the update though (y)

Matt

Day 91 is a real nice pic from a phone !!!

Cheers chaps.....(y)

While the camera on my Galaxy S2 was nice, I definitely prefer my HTC Desire. Apart from the lush screen of the Samsung, the HTC is just a lot nicer to use all round imo!!

Day 93.....

This didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, and I fully intend to have another go at this at some point in the future.

Our Labradoodle, Purdy, can rip a tennis ball apart in well under a minute, but these are supposed to be "dog proof".....it's lasted a week (although she has popped it), so it's doing well so far!!

Day 93: "Tuff Balls"

Day 93: Tuff Balls by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 94.....

Here's an update on the girls holidays spending money saving efforts....they're taking it very seriously, and have raided my pockets at every opportunity.....

....less than 10 weeks to go by the way!! :eek:

Day 94: "Holiday Spends Update"

Day 94: Holiday Spends Update by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 95.....

With Nanna Debbie visiting, something she only does 3 or 4 times a year, the girls are obviously (and quite rightly!) being spoiled rotten!!

Poppy was treated to some more Peppa Pig toys (she's got quite a collection so far!), and Lexi received a new Angry Birds game, which she still hasn't stopped playing with!!

Day 95: "Angry Birds"

Day 95: Angry Birds by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 96.....

Purdy is becoming quite attached to her new ball (see day 93) and if it's not in her mouth, then it's very close by.....clearly "Tuff Balls" are worth the extra money!!

Here she is waiting for someone to come along and throw the ball for her to catch.....which is definitely her favourite game!!

Day 96: "Everlasting Love"

Day 96: Everlasting Love by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 97.....

My wife must have been feeling brave (or stupid), as she's given the girls permission to play with her collection of original Sylvanian Families toys!!

My guess is that at least half the pieces will be lost forever down the back of the sofa within 48 hours.....time will tell!!

I plan on doing another shot using this stuff in the next few days.....if there's anything left of it!!

This was taken with an old (ish) Fuji compact camera.

Day 97: "Happy Sylvanian Families"

Day 97: Happy Sylvanian Families by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 98.....

Today was my first wedding of 2012, and it went rather smoothly.....thanks in part to my assistant for the day, TP member Tractor Boy (Nick) who was an absolute star!! :clap:

I could've cheated and used any of the wedding photos for todays pic, but I'll go with this one instead.....the was the meal served at the wedding reception (4:30pm), a full English breakfast!! :D

Day 98: "A Full English Wedding Breakfast"

Day 98: A Full English Wedding Breakfast by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 99.....

After being laid up for the last couple of months with my knee, yesterdays wedding was a serious shock to the system, and if I'm honest, was bloody painful all over!!!

Along with my knee swelling up again, my feet were absolutely killing me, so a good long soak was in order!!

Day 99: "Ahhhhhh"

Day 99: Ahhhhhh by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 100.....

Triple figures!!! :banana:

The girls love affair with my wifes Sylvanian Families collection continues, and to be honest, they are doing quite well looking after it, and nothing has been broken.....yet!! ;)

Day 100: "Quiet At The Back!"

Day 100: Quiet At The Back! by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 101.....

With our family holiday just a few weeks away, we've started buying some new clothes to take with us. All I need/want to take is my suspenders panties and a bra, but the hotel restaurant insists that men wear "appropriate" clothing, whatever that is!?!

We've been spoiling the girls this year (good job they've got 15kgs baggage allowance each!) but my favourite so far is this.....:)

Day 101: "Zenit-E-Tastic"

Day 101: Zenit-E-Tastic by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
I love your Day 100 (y) focus and DoF are spot on but I'd expect nothing less (y) I also love your couple from your wedding a few day's ago that look good enough to eat (y)

Matt

Thanks, Matthew!! (y) I'll have to start getting out of the house more often, as I'm running out of things to photograph indoors!! :help:

Day 102.....

I genuinely can't remember the last pair of trainers I wore, that weren't, Nike Air. I've worn them exclusively for at least the last decade, and the more garish, the better!!

So when it was time to buy some new ones recently, I was quite shocked with myself that I ended up buying a pair of Asics'.....still haven't worn them though, think I might be scared that I'll like them!! :wacky:

Day 102: "A Change Is Gonna Come"

Day 102: A Change Is Gonna Come by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 104.....

That time of year again.....when I back a blind three legged donkey and lose all my money on the National!!

We backed a total of 10 horses in the 4:15 at Aintree in my household, and not a single one even placed.....good job I had a "Lucky 15" on the go as well and got 3 winners and a second!! :D

Day 104: "Blind Three Legged Donkey"

Day 104: Blind Three Legged Donkey by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Day 105.....

Shot my second wedding of 2012 today, for a lovely laid back couple called Susanne and Craig. Time beat us in the end, and I couldn't get all the shots I wanted, but I guess that's the nature of a wedding day.....sometimes things just don't/can't go to plan!! :(

Day 105: "The Happy Couple"

Day 105: The Happy Couple by Damien Light Photography, on Flickr

Back