weekly Snipet's Photo52: Week 12 - USED JOKER (Added To 1st Page)

I'm way behind on both my own and looking at others so I'm playing catchup :(

Sigh - not getting it to be honest

Sweet - Fantastic shot! Love the interpretation and quite honestly she's gorgeous and that shot makes me want to kiss her!!

Secure - Great shot again and great interpretation!!

A thank you to everyone that's come into my photo52 to look or to comment.
Hehe loads to see on here sent there paul.
Glad to hear you like 'sweet' and 'secure', really enjoyed sweet and secure was a nice simple shot.
Not to worry about 'sigh', it was a very difficult theme and I knew it wouldnt be to everyone's liking.

secure very clever i like it a lot

Thanks, for the comments Liz and Nick, glad you liked my shots.
Many weeks yet to do, but must say I am fully enjoying the 52 challenge so far.

Hi Gareth

Industry - to me the left hand part is brilliant - such lovely capture of colour and patina. Somehow the right hand part I find distracting as if it should not be there - but is imposing on the main gear. I find it really hard to explain but I have had a bash:)

I'd agree.

the dark patch draws my eye away from the cracking cog.

I did a closer crop, excluding the dark patch and preferred it.

Cheers.

Hi Gareth

Industry - to me the left hand part is brilliant - such lovely capture of colour and patina. Somehow the right hand part I find distracting as if it should not be there - but is imposing on the main gear. I find it really hard to explain but I have had a bash:)

The background was a load of rusty metal, and the dark patch was a gap in this in total shadow. The metal was a fair way back and I was shooting at a low F# with a high ISO to get a shutter speed I could hold still in the freezing wind.

I do know what you mean though, almost seems like its the wrong background for the shot (But it is the original).

The background was a load of rusty metal, and the dark patch was a gap in this in total shadow. The metal was a fair way back and I was shooting at a low F# with a high ISO to get a shutter speed I could hold still in the freezing wind.

I do know what you mean though, almost seems like its the wrong background for the shot (But it is the original).

Yes I think that I agree with your last comment - and I did not realise that it was outdoors :clap:. Stiil like the left hand bit a lot .(y)

I like this industry shot Gareth, I think you've done well with what you had. ;) I get the Industry is engineering from this shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
As said what a cracking shot of the gear wheel DOF works well and the rust colours are spot on, but yes it’s the bit on the right think it would look better with just the black spot removed. Well done :clap::clap:

Thanks for all comments so far, must admit I do agree with all comments about the black spot, but after 30 mins of trying to get rid of it in Photoshop and failing misserably I decided to keep it in after all :LOL:

Very nice PP job on Secure, it looks spot on IMO.
A good job on Industry, I get a nice heavy solid feel from the cog.
The black spot is a bit distracting but not so much that it detracts from the cog.

Hi Gareth, really like the PP on secure. Very clever and well thought out take on the theme :)

Industry works well for me, like the colours that the rust produces and like the cog. Lovely DOF and composition, got to be honest that I didn't even notice the black spot until I read other comments.

Nice work indeed :)

Industry is a fantastic shot! I love the tones and the DoF.

I'd agree.

the dark patch draws my eye away from the cracking cog.

I did a closer crop, excluding the dark patch and preferred it.

Cheers.

Me too. The gear is a really good idea well shot though.

Hi Gareth

Great take on industry....Love the DOF , simple colors & detail in the rust...(y)

Thanks for taking the time to comment Mark, Stephen and Lynne. Glad my shots have been liked and warmly welcomed.

This weeks theme shot should hopefully be up as soon as what I need comes through the post. :)

Nice macro Gareth, still think you should have got one pulled especially for the cause. :LOL:

I did actually call round a few dentists to see if they had anything I could use.
Apparently it's illegal to trade in human body parts of any kind, and none would supply me with a fake realistic one either :shake:

First tooth shot I’ve seen, if you was dedicated to the challenge you would have pulled one of your own,

Think all the right bits are in focus and the shadow works for me there is a very blown highlight which is a bit distracting to the eye thou, excellent macro work again.

Hi Gareth, like you're take on Root. Very different and bang on theme.

Agree with Zeb that all the right bits are in focus :)

Nice idea. Just a tad more dof would be nice but its a difficult subject.

First tooth shot I’ve seen, if you was dedicated to the challenge you would have pulled one of your own,

Think all the right bits are in focus and the shadow works for me there is a very blown highlight which is a bit distracting to the eye thou, excellent macro work again.

I did notice the blown highlights but just couldn't get the shot with out them in. The shots I had without them were just to harsh in the shadows.

Hi Gareth, like you're take on Root. Very different and bang on theme.

Agree with Zeb that all the right bits are in focus :)

Industry - good shot. Nice DOF and angle

Root - like it, nice take on the idea of root. Like it :)

Thanks for the comment, I learnt from my fear shot to add a tad more DOF.

Nice idea. Just a tad more dof would be nice but its a difficult subject.

I personally like a really shallow DOF, so this one has quite a bit more than I would normally have liked to put in it. But as I was requested to add more DOF in my fear shot, this was my compromise.

A different take on this weeks theme Gareth so (y) for originality.
A difficult subject to photograph I can imagine as it is very shiny, you've handled the exposure well. You have said on the compromise on the dof, but it needs just a little more IMHO. Thats just being picky on what I think is a great image. Iain

A different take on this weeks theme Gareth so (y) for originality.
A difficult subject to photograph I can imagine as it is very shiny, you've handled the exposure well. You have said on the compromise on the dof, but it needs just a little more IMHO. Thats just being picky on what I think is a great image. Iain

Very shiny and bloody small :LOL:
Looks like I may have to have a rethink on the DOF again.

That's a very different take Gareth... Like it (y)

Thanks for the comment, glad you like the shot.

Great industry shot, love it.

Roots a good one. Couldn't find one for myself and wasn't going to do an extraction. :eek:

Thanks Robert, no extractions for me either. No matter how much some one keeps bugging me to do it (You know who you are :LOL:)

Hehe really fits the theme - (and I have the dentist this week). I like the composition you have gone for and the lighting really seems to work.

Thanks Ruth and Michael, Glad you like the shot. Was easier on this one as I learnt alot of ways not to do it from my fear shot.

Back