weekly Suvv's 52 for 2014 - Wk10 Time added

Clean and to the point, nice shot.

Good image, works well Kev (y) you certainly look to have got both pots exactly the same composition wise :)

Thanks everyone for looking and the comments. I agree about it needing just a little more space on the RH side, I did apply a slight crop in PP - should have left it alone :D

A few behind I am...

Sense I agree missed the mark slightly, can't offer much in the way of ideas to improve though.

Love the daffodil, dead / dying flowers are hard to make into an appealing photo, but this manages it with the low POV, the stalk coming up from the corner, and the head wilting over nicely, backed with a great blue sky

Though the tea cups was one image, shot and then inverted before being put beside, but closer inspection reveals obviously two cups, which would be by far the easier way of doing it! (Is there a smeary mark on the lower of the dark one?). Cleaning before is always 10 times quicker than cloning out after, I've found that the hard way before now. :)

Thanks for the comments - good spotting the spot Graham :), another item for the to-do list.

Yup. Like it.

Looks a little grey on iPad and I'd like to see a mirror reflection, providing this was possible.

Nice detail, though.

Cheers.

HI Kev

Positive....simple , effective....works a treat (y)

Thanks for looking and commenting. I did have an idea which involved a mirror but I have not got a suitable one :(

Thanks for the comments.
I have tried an uncropped version and adjusted the black & white points slightly.
Positive_017_2_zps989caea7.jpg

Last edited:
Time and Space
Anywhere you have Space you will find Time - at least you do in my house :D

Time_zpsec6ab2d2.jpg

Oh, good idea - I was thinking about something like this, but we are a bit lacking in pretty clocks :LOL:

Definitely says time. A good collection of different clocks. It just looks a little brighter on the left compared with the right. Maybe swap a couple of the clocks would balance this up.

It's on theme but I think you've missed a trick to add interest to the picture. The time shown on the clocks is a little random, some of them show the same time, some of them a completely different one; perhaps all the same time, or complementary clocks with opposite times, or even each clock adding one minute to the last one clockwise. Just a thought.

Ideas there Kev, good PP skills (y) Just my idea, but I may have been tempted to try do something outside with the clock with the birds on it :thinking:

Plenty of clocks there.
I think you had some good opportunities here as it's obviously been put together in PP. I'd especially have liked the smaller version of the BG clock central with the BG clock so the hands lined up and all the times to be the same or more ordered on the others as Martin said. (y)

Thanks all for looking and the comments.
I agree about it being a bit brighter on one side.
I did try to get the bird clock "flying" and I also had it perched in a tree but I had trouble with the glass on the front. Not just reflections but also sharpness.
I also thought about setting all the clocks to the classic 1:50 but ran out of time :D

Hi Kev

plenty of time going on in there ....& an impressive range of clocks ! I can see what you were aiming for but the randomness isn't quite working for me ....maybe lose the square/oblong clocks & just keep the circular ones with a slightly more square crop ...hmmm...difficult :thinking:

Last edited:
Back