weekly Suvv's 52 for 2014 - Wk10 Time added

Thanks for looking and the comments. I deliberately got the Norths pointing in different directions, just to add a bit of interest and, hopefully, amusement :)

Not keen on the three compasses. For me just one (traditional) compass would have done the job. I appreciate the sense of fun in the three 'North's' though (sense of fun, did you see what I did there?).

Good image and on theme Kev (y) as mentioned above, possibly just the one compass, slightly different composition :thinking: the compass on the right with the reflections good :)

hi, on theme and a good idea but the composition needs a little work

Thanks to all for looking and taking the time to comment. It is good to get the different opinions. I have tried a crop of the original which may have a wider appeal (or maybe not :D )
I still prefer the original, although I agree it is a bit bland.
Sense_12_1_zps33c45e00.jpg

Ending
Hopefully the ending of the wet weather as well :D

Ending_01_zps1d0a3e08.jpg

Ending - fits the theme nice, got to love a nice bright daffodil. Crit wise the yellow looks a little over cooked to me.

Thanks for the comments Mandy, I agree the yellow looks a bit "unnatural", its how it came out of the camera though? Just a slight levels adjustment and a little sharpen after re-sizing. Possibly looks that way because it is on its last legs :)

Hi Kev

Cracking contrast between the blue & yellow ,like the stem coming in from the lh corner & the dying petals hit the theme :) Possibly needs a little more light on it though ?

Thanks Lynne. I did have some lighter shots but I then lost the deepness of the yellow. A reflector to push some light up the flower may have helped.

Daffies ending!! ours are only just opening :D love the contrast in this Kev (y), like the warm yellow and I'm jealous of the blue sky :p

Hi nice colour and works well for the theme, well done for getting such a low angle

Thanks for looking and the comments. Glad I took this yesterday, no sign of a blue sky today :(

Nice contrasting colours - would have liked to see a slightly larger DOF to have the trumpet in focus too

Nice saturated colours and well exposed. These can be trickier than they look. Whilst I'd have usually have wanted to see a prime specimen, this one fits this week's theme well.

Ending: I like it. You've handled the composition well. THink I like the inclusion of the stem which add to the sense the flower is still trying to 'hang' in there.

Interesting how the tones of the yellow have deepend as the life ebbs from it

Thanks for looking and the replies. I agree about the DOF, just a bit more would be better.

Positive (and Negative :))
I had a lot of trouble with this theme, trying to do something different but not having the time or opportunity to do what I wanted.
Pre-digital Positive & Negative film :rolleyes: a bit of a stretch for the theme but at least I shot it this week.
Positive_017_zps57639db2.jpg

Last edited:
Back