weekly Suvv's 52 for 2014 - Wk10 Time added

Nice start to your 52 challenge Kev - really like the first x2 images along with the color shot of 'close' (y)

The plane shot is a nice image with a tighter crop as already mentioned but I agree with Mandy that I had to squint to see where the smoke was.. lol

Hi have to agree with crop comments, it does need a big crop at the bottom

It took me a second or too to spot the smoke as well. Well timed to get it just as one wheel was touching down (y)

Its strange how we see things differently :thinking:, I don't think it needs a crop. The amount of water seems to make the plane and runway seem very close to the waters edge. To me, that added a little interest :)

Smoke fits - but I'm with you - not very inspiring this week.

Hi Kev

different take on theme so works for me....not sure on the suggested cropping of the water , think it adds more scale as it is :)

Thanks for looking and the comments. Interesting to see the different views on the crop, I must admit that after looking at a cropped version I prefer it as it is :thinking:.
Minerals :eek: who decides these themes ????
:D

Thanks for the comments. I agree with the smoke being a bit "under-stated" :D

Mineral - Agate I had a couple of ideas but preferred this:
Mineral_zps24598e08.jpg

Wow that was a quick reply - I hadn't even pasted the link :)
Thanks for the comment, I agree about the chain I need to lose some of it. Not sure about the straightening as I quite like things that are not quite perfect :D

yep - I was thinking maybe pull the chain sides out a bit to open the angle where they meet the pretty bit.

nice colours and detail in the chain

does need straightening though.

Yes, I like that one Kev (y)
Lovely colour tones in the pendant which contrasts with the jet black background.
I too agree that it needs straightening I'm afraid. I think with images such as this with the subject against a blank background, there is nothing to give it context as to why its at a jaunty angle and would prefer it symmetrical IYSWIM? Thats just my take on it so feel free to ignore as you've said you like things not quite perfect :D

Thanks for all the comments. I agree about the straightening now, I had a play and it does look better. Maybe if it had been at more of an angle it would have looked deliberate rather than a mistake? It would probably still look wrong though :)
Not sure about a square crop :thinking: I was thinking about losing a third of the chain.

Hi, all been said above would have liked to see more of the pendant

Nicely done Kev. Not sure about the square crop either, Keep it in the current format......ALthough the pendant and chain are well lit, I cant help but feel the lighting is abit flat though or could it just be the black background giving this impression?

Thanks for looking and the comments, nice to get different views on the crop :)
The lighting is a bit flat but the pendant is so shiny it was picking up reflections and glare, when I got it so that you could see all the colours it lost some of the 3D effect.

Hi Kev

that's a beautiful pendant , you've done well with lack of reflections or hotspots :) Having read others comments re the crop I'm thinking maybe just lose the 1st 4 or 5 links in the chain....not quite square cropped but does concentrate the eye more on the pendant ....

Thanks for looking and the comments, must try and straighten (and try a crop) before I post in future :D

Last edited:
Nice image. I did something similar in 2012. This one works well and with the three compasses adds variety. Obviously the backdrop holds it all together.

One thing though - how come all three are showing North in different directions? :)

Back