Talk Photography Fantasy Football Premier League 2011/12

Well that's it for this week's, confirmed the team with 15 minutes to spare. Now waiting for the teams to be announced so I can find out that half my team aren't playing. :bonk:

I haven't been able to get on all last night or this morning. Looks like I'm wildcarding in GW2 :bonk:

Been working for me all morning Phil, problem at your end maybe?

I'm also on a football forum (with a FF league) and there's hundreds of folk who can't get access. It's been like it since late last night.:bang:

Missed the deadline now i think so fingers crossed for the team I have.

Last edited:
Still not able to log on, marvellous new site:D

A lot of unhappy people - esp those in leagues involving money.

Just tried to register and got db errors.

It was down last night for me too but this morning it was back in time for me to stick aaron Ramsey in my team.

suarez scores, glad i stuck with him, the rumours were he might to features, almost swapped him for carroll.

could do with another goal though, 1-1 draw against sunderland first game at home doesn't fill me with confidence

I still can't get in.

That said what I 'think' my team was - didn't do much today.

Finally managed to log in, found that no points are shown against players who took part. Have i missed something, last season points were allocated almost straight away:shrug:

A goal for Suarez and an assist for Adam plus a clean sheet for given on my team. Not a bad start, although lost some points for the yellow on Adam

Breaking News: Former United defender Wes Brown arrested at Anfield with £35mil in his pocket.

Joking aside - think I had Adam in my team along with N'Zogbia, Rodallega and Given.

Chelsea, United and City players yet to feature.

Last edited:
Well at least I had Cahill in my team, the second half of QPR Bolton was not that enjoyable as a QPR fan....

Fantasy Premier League - An Apology
A statement has been issued regarding the Fantasy Premier League game.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2421213,00.html

As some of you are aware, many fans trying to access Fantasy Premier League on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning will have experienced problems logging in or registering teams prior to the Gameweek 1 deadline.
‪
While the demand reached unprecedented levels on Saturday morning, we fell short of the standards you expect from the world's biggest fantasy football game and make no excuses for what was both a frustrating and disappointing experience ahead of the new season. For this we apologise unreservedly.

technical issue

Our technical teams have been working throughout the weekend to ensure the technical issue that led to the problems experienced by users are dealt with. Work also continues to improve the quality of your experience with additional steps taken in the game itself that enable you to:

‪1. Receive unlimited transfers
No points will be deducted for any transfers you make up to the Gameweek 2 deadline (11:30 BST on Saturday 20th August 2011). If you have already made transfers and had points deducted, these will be restored to your overall total by midnight on Tuesday 16th August 2011. If you have already opted to play your wildcard, this too will be restored at the same time.

‪2. Opt to start mini-league scoring at Gameweek 2
The option is available to all mini-league administrators to start the scoring from Gameweek 2. Go to 'Leagues' > 'League name' > 'Administer' > Select 'Gameweek 2' in 'Scoring Starts' drop-down menu and click 'Update league details'.

‪3. Win a VIP trip to watch Man Utd v Chelsea
The manager of the team that accumulates the most points in Gameweeks 2, 3 & 4 will win a VIP trip for two to watch Man Utd v Chelsea on Sunday 18th September 2011 . The prize includes all transport, two nights' accommodation, match tickets, pre-match hospitality and £250 spending money. If there is a tie between teams, the team with the fewest transfers between Gameweeks 2-4 will win the trip. In the event of a further tie, the winner will be selected at random.

‪4. Win a new monthly prize - iPad2
Each monthly winner of Fantasy Premier League 2011/12 will be able to choose between receiving an iPad2 or the current monthly prize (replica shirt, iPod nano & digital camera). The runner-up will then receive whichever prize is not claimed by the monthly winner.

isolated case

‪Having monitored many of the comments that have been posted on message boards, via blogs, in forums and on social networks, we hope the following additional points will also help clarify some of the queries raised:

∙ Fantasy Premier League is still run by the same provider. A redesign was required in order to incorporate new features and in order to maintain consistency with the next version of the Premier League's official site but the problems are not related to the new look.

∙ EA SPORTS sponsor the official match statistics across the Premier League website and were not involved in the rebuild of this season's Fantasy Premier League game nor responsible in any way for the issues suffered by users over the weekend.

∙ The login/registration system had to be upgraded during the summer - this service is delivered by a new third party provider and is the most significant change from previous seasons.

∙ The live updates will be functioning for Gameweek 2.

∙ All league standings will be updated after each points update as per previous seasons. The single update for Gameweek 1 was an isolated case.

∙ If you have problems logging in, please try resetting your password by entering your email address on this page: https://users.premierleague.com/PremierUser/login/reset_password.html. You'll be emailed a new password to use that you can change to something more memorable once you've logged in by visiting 'My Account'. If you are not receiving the password reminder, please check your Junk folder in your email inbox and add noreply@send.premierleague.com to your Mailing List to ensure that the email arrives in your inbox.

∙ Please continue to email support@fantasy.premierleague.com with any issues you experience on the site with login, points updates etc.

‪Again, we are extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused and diminished enjoyment of Fantasy Premier League.

We are confident that the measures in place will prevent any repeat of the issues players of Fantasy Premier League encountered at the weekend and hope you are looking forward to another exciting season as much as we are.

Last edited:
‪2. Opt to start mini-league scoring at Gameweek 2
The option is available to all mini-league administrators to start the scoring from Gameweek 2. Go to 'Leagues' > 'League name' > 'Administer' > Select 'Gameweek 2' in 'Scoring Starts' drop-down menu and click 'Update league details'.

I guess we need a vote about this part then, perhaps add a poll to the thread?

suarez scores, glad i stuck with him, the rumours were he might to features, almost swapped him for carroll.

could do with another goal though, 1-1 draw against sunderland first game at home doesn't fill me with confidence

Wish I'd swapped him for Carroll!!

I'll be swapping Carroll for Aguero if he continues the way he started last night!! :)

Well Im registered, and I'll happily join the TP League.

I just have no idea what to do / Where to start!

Well Im registered, and I'll happily join the TP League.

I just have no idea what to do / Where to start!

Spend £100 million on 15 players, play your first game and then realise that you've brought the wrong players and spend the rest of the season trying to afford the good players!!

In my case that usually means losing points by doing more than the 1 free transfer each week!! :bonk:

having problems logging on to fantasy football, can anyone help please?

Just made use of the unlimited free transfers to gameweek 2, Aguero and Rooney in the squad now!! :D

I made good use of it to, you should see my midfield!

Lol nice one!!

Best thing is I wasn't even affected by the problems!! Did have a rubbish gameweek though so I'm glad I can change my team! :)

Lol nice one!!

Best thing is I wasn't even affected by the problems!! Did have a rubbish gameweek though so I'm glad I can change my team! :)

I had an average gameweek and am in the middle, but decided my team needed a bit more flare

Well I was glad of the problems as I was trying to make changes that in hindsight would have been less fortuitous!

Right, that's my team created, spent up, right to the 100m mark..Every penny spent :p
Entered the TP league..

ThreadLock United

Now what do I do :confused:
(Besides think of a better name :p)

Right, that's my team created, spent up, right to the 100m mark..Every penny spent :p
Entered the TP league..

ThreadLock United

Now what do I do :confused:
(Besides think of a better name :p)

Spend between now and when the gameweek closes wondering whether you have chosen the right players!! The hopefully have a good weekend and score lots otherwise be very annoyed that you couldn't pick a decent team!! That's what I usually do anyway!! :bonk:

Ahh so sit back and let some teams play for real. I get it.

Never done this fantasy football thing before :confused:

Back