TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 21/22

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, it seems this season's Fantasy Football League is active, :) so I have created a TalkPhotography Standard/Normal Fantasy Football League and a TalkPhotography Head 2 Head League.

I have opted against renewing last years leagues as I wasn't happy/sure that all players were TalkPhotography members.

All are here welcome, and anyone here can join the leagues, but all I ask is that you post a message to say that you have joined, and the username and team name on the Fantasy Football site you are using. You don't need to post throughout the season, though I of course hope that you do. ;) Anyone who joins and doesn't post to say that they have joined will be excluded.

You have until the deadline for making changes of the first game to join, after that new entries will be barred.

The link and join code to join the TalkPhotography Standard/Normal Fantasy Football League is here.

League Code: 0lcxep

The link and join code to join the TalkPhotography Head2Head Fantasy Football League is here.

League Code: tcm5rz

Any questions about anything, please ask.

Again all TalkPhotography members welcome. The more the merrier. :) It will hopefully add interest to the season throughout when Cit€h have bolted into the distance! :oops: :$ :rolleyes: ;)

Of course if it is Liverpool bolting off into the distance, I shall be very interested throughout. :LOL:

Last edited:
More than happy to rejoin as Klopp Klopp Boom if you'll have me.

See if I can wrestle that title back (Just like the reds)

Back for another beating, new name (ABCDE FC) same effort… let’s just hope I can still manage it at the end of the season !

thanks red

I have joined Medway United

Ok I'm in, New Oak Utd [actual name of the team I played for as a teen :) ]

Last edited:
Joined again, same name HORSPATH HOUNDS, well i do live there!!! Thanks for organizing

I'm in see if I can improve on last year.

Thanks to all those that have joined the TP Fantasy Football League for the coming season. (y) :clap:

The deadline for joining is Fri 13 Aug 18:30, so not too late for any TP members to join the standard TP Fantasy Football League, and also the TP Head2Head FF league
. :) Joining both is not compulsory. ;)

Links at the top of the page. Don't forget to say that you have joined too. ;)

For those that have only joined the standard FF league, please consider the Head 2 Head league too if you haven't participated before, as it does add a different aspect to the game, as you only have to get more points for you opponent for that week to gain points, rather than it all being about the highest points only. No problem if you don't want to though. :)

Must ... resist ... the ... bonus ... chips ...

Coming in with a different strat this year, it involves NOT making 3-4 transfers every game :ROFLMAO:

Worst part is it took a bit of shuffling as Salah was 0.5m extra, at least he got 8pts [as captain] so could have been worse.

[edit] I take it back, Salah has done alright, I for some reason thought that game was over!

Last edited:
Anyone who has Fernandes as Captain has jumped into a big lead before all the games have been played. :oops: :$ :rolleyes: :LOL:

Not me sadly. :( :LOL:
I wonder how it'll work out long term for those who chose both Bruno and Mo? I can't see them performing so well every week, and having both surely means you've weakened your overall squad - Very early days yet but I had a not so bad week after all having dropped Fernandes last minute. No way I could have squeezed both in, was either or

A familiar name at the top of the TP Fantasy Football League after the first week, as Banished to Riyadh lead the first table with a stunning 101 points, :jawdrop: :clap: 11 points ahead of Amber Army who scored 90 points. New Oak Utd(82) in 3rd.

The average points for the week was a quite high 69.

No Friday game this week, and so the deadline for changes is Sat 21st Aug @ 11:00.

I got 59 points, below the average, but above my own average for last season. :) I'm in 12th place out of the 15 of us that have joined. :)

We are a few players down on last season, but I at least know that you are all TP members this time. ;)

Thanks to all who have joined, and hopefully there will be more activity here over the season.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW1
1629302540823.png

Last edited:
There are an even number of players in the H2H league this season, so we will sadly not have the 'wildcard' of 'AVERAGE each week. :( :LOL:

Because there are an even number of teams, and it being the first week with no draws, half have 3 points from their H2H's whilst the others have no points.

Banished to Riyadh lead this league too, as they won their H2H with WHITS VILLANS 101-52. I was beaten 90-59 by 2nd placed Amber Army, which leaves me in 10th place out of the 12 teams.

Despite it only being gameweek two, there is the first top v bottom H2H as Banished to Riyadh take on Mrs Smith's Boys. ;) :LOL:

TP H2H League Results GW1
1629304363255.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW2
1629304382919.png

TP H2H League Table GW1
1629304413030.png

I know it's early days, but I did a big-ish mash up this week using the free hit, keeping the bigger tokens for later on but many players I want to test out for start

Very close H2H for me this week, looking likely I'll lose because of the placement of my bench, got a defender on there with 14pts but have another defender from Leicester in front of him. Ideally I'd like Amartey not to play, so I can get those points from Duffy, and my 2 WH players to do something

Can anyone explain to me the difference between Free Hit and Wild card? I think I'm having a dim moment! I thought Wild card allowed you make multiple transfers that you then kept from there on? but it says when you go to select it 'For GW 3' - as in, only? if so it's no different to free hit is it?

Free hit is as many changes as you want for one week, but reverts to what it was before the following week. Wild Card is as many changes as you want also, but stays with what you chose from that week on, until you make normal transfers. I think it is just telling you what gameweek the Wild Card will be active from if you choose it.

Free hit is as many changes as you want for one week, but reverts to what it was before the following week. Wild Card is as many changes as you want also, but stays with what you chose from that week on, until you make normal transfers. I think it is just telling you what gameweek the Wild Card will be active from if you choose it.

Thanks for that, going for it anyay as I'm not happy with my team - I mean, I'm doing ok but already a few zeroes. I'm a believer in stronger going forward rather than waiting on some double week as a maybe - I know others would strongly disagree but we shall see ;)

Scores were overall a bit down on the first week, but Banished to Riyadh were again the top scorer with 70 points, :clap: and extend their lead from 11 points to 22 points at the top ahead of Amber Army(59). New Oak Utd(64) remain in 3rd, and are just 3 points behind Amber Army.

The average score for the week was 56.

No Friday game again this week, and so the deadline for changes is Sat 28th Aug @ 11:00.

I again was below the average with 41 points, :( and that sees me fall to second to last place. :oops: :$ :LOL: I am only above The walking dead. by 8 points, so we could easily swap places this gameweek. :rolleyes: ;)

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW2
1629994639980.png

Last edited:
After gameweek 2, there are only three teams with a 100% record. Banished to Riyadh came out ahead in the top v bottom H2H with Mrs Smith's Boys 70-63. Unlucky to go up against Banished to Riyadh, as 63 points would have beaten eight of the other teams in a H2H. That is the added factor of the luck of the H2H league. ;)

Amber Army won a close H2H with Penfold's Dangermice to stay in 2nd place.

New Oak Utd beat ABCDE FC 64-52 to stay in 3rd.

And those are the unbeaten teams up to now, but that could change next week as New Oak Utd and Amber Army go H2H. ;)

I was beaten in my H2H with Behind the Biffa 46-41. It would not have mattered who I was up against as I had the lowest score of the week. Because of that I have replaced Mrs Smith's Boys at the bottom of the table. :(

TP H2H League Results GW2
1629994735226.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW3
1629994804174.png

TP H2H League Table GW2
1629994855090.png

Last edited:
I was behind in the H2H before the WH/Leic game, Antonio got the job done for me there.

Tough one for me this week, but, have to face the top tier at some point! I'm spicing my team up a bit, as I said earlier I think having a strong team from the off could be better than hanging on to the wild card for later, as you're accumulating more points along the way - I know last season making a lot of changes for the double weeks didn't do me much use

The tokens I am holding on to are the Triple cap and bench boost, I think they are more significant for double weeks as teams rotate players but that's just how I see it. Interesting to see how others make use of them

Banished to Riyadh(55) still sit atop of the league, but there is a new team in 2nd place, as New Oak Utd, with the highest score of the week, 73 points, :clap: move to just 7 points behind.

Amber Army(53) drop to 3rd place, 17 points behind. ABCDE FC(70) move up two places from 6th > 4th, just 2 points behind Amber Army. Penfold's Dangermice(59) fall a position to 5th.

The average score for the week was 54.

I got 69 points, which was thankfully above the average for the first time. :rolleyes: :LOL: That enabled me to move up two places from 14th > 12th. Still very close at the bottom though.

There are no games this week because of the international games, so the deadline for changes for gameweek 4 is Sat 11th Sep @11:00

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW3

1630422614415.png

Last edited:
Only one team have a 100% record three weeks in, and that is new leader New Oak Utd, who won their H2H with last week's 2nd place, Amber Army, 73 - 53. Amber Arm drop a place to 2nd. Last week's leader, Banished to Riyadh drop to 2nd plac after losing their H2H with ABCDE FC 55 - 70. ABCDE FC move into 4th place. Penfold's Dangermice, despite winning their H2H with tarric tots, drop a place to 5th because of their accumulated points total compared to ABCDE FC.

The first draw of the season has happened as I drew 65 - 65 with horspath hounds. :) My first point of the season sees me stay in 12th, and last place. :( As Yazz would say, ' the only way is up'. ;) Next up for me though is the leader, New Oak Utd. :oops: :$ :LOL:

TP H2H League Results GW3
1630422235471.png
TP H2H League Fixtures GW4
1630422260536.png
TP H2H League Table GW3
1630422278580.png

I made my first mistake, made a transfer this week forgetting about the Int break - hopefully won't be punished for it. I brought in Torres for City, but it might have been a good move as his price may well rise. I have a decent enough bench that should hold in case of the odd injury. Early wild card worked out for me, but it obviously means that option is gone for me where I think everyone else still has it?

Is anyone considering Ronaldo? He's dropped into the listings as expected, at 12.5m and a Fwd, the experts say this is bad news for both Bruno and Greenwood owners. Greenwood was playing up front rather than MF [though still listed as MF] and Ronaldo will very likely take penalty responsibilities from Fernandes. Greenwood has been my 2nd best player so far and I wasn't planning on trading him out just yet, I think I'll hold for now. I do have the funds in Lukaku to fund Ronaldo but I might look elsewhere if everyone starts transfering him in.

Last edited:
Back