weekly Tango32's 52 week challenge - week 9 added

Hi craig

it's your thread & challenge so post an older shot if you like...thats my take on it anyway

You got me as soon as I saw a race bike....no crit here , love it :clap:

Hi guys sorry running a little bit late with my 52 (appoligies DK for buggering up your posh sheet )

We have a new member to the family that has been keeping me rather busy she fits week 4 subject perfect she's WILD loves her toys lovs to bounce around the house - will catch up on commenting soon as

Suppose all dogs descend from wild dogs... sooooo just about on theme :LOL:

Great focus on the eye, and ears and paw not chopped off (y), and you've kept highlight detail in the cheek.

Is she one of these that has eyes of different colours to each other??

Lovely composition and colours. A lovely addition to the family.

When I seen week 5 theme Star Wars came straight to mind I has hoped to get it done early part of the week but with the new pup, training day and rescue station work time jut slipped past so this morning I had a play kinda peed that i cut the corners and could not get the light correct but hopefully a few tips will come my way.....

Not too interesting to look at in my view, seems a bit washed out and could do with a bit more contrast I think, in addition to the fact none if it looks sharply in focus to me...sorry...

Hi Craig

Space - on theme and use of three and in fan works well.(y) I am not sure how you lit his because the b/g is variable and there is a fold in the material showing in the bottom lhs. You said in an earlier post that you have no pp software but if you did , you would be able to take down the b/g to get a better black.

The focus and colour seem issues but if I am correct, these are plastic covers beneath which is the artwork so you are bound to have difficulty with sharpness and the colours will be affected by the plastic. So poss best to have removed the artwork and used them as kind of posters for the films.

Im late again......... I really dont know how you all manage to get so many good shots and on time

Ok this is the daughters Home Work for her Art project she has been working very hard on it and I thought it deserved to be my shot for the work theme

not happy with the bed covers on the corners but when I cropped in the picture lost its edge so to speak so went with them

Im late again......... I really dont know how you all manage to get so many good shots and on time

Hi, Craig, don't be too hard on yourself, you're still here...only 39 people have submitted a Work photograph out of 117 who started so :clap:

I was sure I commented on your Space :thinking: On theme and I'm a fan of Star Wars :D Well composed, nice and sharp and on theme. Could do with a boost to the colours for me and perhaps a bit tightly cropped.

Work, hot an easy one to photograph with whites and blacks but you've done really well to maintain detail on the book so the text is nice and sharp. Again, just a tad tight.

Cheers.

Hi Craig :)

Shame about the clipping again, I would always suggest big gaps all around when taking the shot, so allowing a straighten and crop to your desired preference, Nice bright colours and well lit this one - Keep them coming (y)
I agree completely - shoot loose and crop, because the other way just ain't possible! Would have worked a lot better I think with it all in.

Hi Craig

I think you were right to use your Daughters project...fits the theme to a Tee , lots to look at & some great colors (y) I'd aslo suggest shooting wide & rotate/crop as required....if you have tripod & some ladders maybe try for a shot from directly above ?

keep 'em coming mister....you have a family to consider so I think you're doing really well getting your shots in...I just don't have life , which is why I manage to get shots in quickly :LOL:

I had planned to photograph the burger van at work during his busy period had a chat with him he was happy for me to but then work got a bit busy and the plan failed, so today me and the wife were having our routine saturday bacon buttie and I wanted two she called me a Pig and bang my week 7 photo was born.....

Last edited:
Yes Craig, this fits the theme very well. It has good colours and contrast, not sure about the offset plate, but neverthless, draws is on the food detail well. Its certainly in theme, loads of calories inkeeping with the topic and I could eat those rolls just now!

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tango32/8499653177/

I had planned to photograph the burger van at work during his busy period had a chat with him he was happy for me to but then work got a bit busy and the plan failed, so today me and the wife were having our routine saturday bacon buttie and I wanted two she called me a Pig and bang my week 7 photo was born.....

Nice one, Craig. Bang on theme. Beautifully lit and crisp and sharp.

Nice one, really colourful and definitely gluttonous! As said I'm not sure of the composition, and the nameless thing the plate is resting on is a bit distracting too!

Hi Craig

all these food shots are making me hungry ! But you're really talking here...my fav sarnie ,bacon, mushrooms & ketchup...heaven :love:

Well exposed , well lit , sharp as should be & good colors (y)

The only thing that lets it down for me is the rug/furry thing that the plates on...worktop would have worked better or some plain black card ?

I drive past this church daily and always get drawn to the clock so when the time theme came up I knew what I was going to do its not worked how I imagined but it all I got so its going in

its a clock but the date is what stands out for me as in Back In Time

I really like the clock photo. I have taken quite a few clock pics myself this week and none are as we'll crafted as this . Good stuff

Ok week 9 this has been a real head ache for me and untill a hour ago I still did not have a clue what I was going to do and was considering using a joker and missing a week and then thought sod it stuck with it so far so im going to find a picture so a hunt around the wifes collections and a idea came to mind is it on theme not 100% but how often to you see a teddy bear nurse taking a dragons temputure :) I nicked a couple of pieces of black card from the wife ( learning from the crit )and tried all sorts of lighting idea's even used the flash off the iphone.

Im quite happy with the result considering it all

Last edited:
Hi, Craig, I like it. Nowt like a numerous take on a theme. Detail is great and the overall lighting on the figures is good.

Crit, the overall lighting is a tad uneven and sad as it may seem, the very small white spots on the surface really draw my eye.

Cheers and BTW who won the fight :D

Back