weekly TangoOne's Project 52 2016 - Spiky added (playing catch up)

Hi Paul

Good start to your challenge

Captive: He defiantly looks sad lie he's looking over at the other big cats playing and he can not go a play with them!

Metal: Really like the lighting on this and the rings of light reflected on to the table

Composition isn't too bad. Nice low POV. It's very orange, can bit fixed on post and I'd like the focus to be a little sharper.

Cheers.

Got to agree with both Andy and Tim; nice idea, composition works OK but the WB and focus need addressing.

Liking the title of your shot - reminds me of the motorway stop offs for coffee and pancakes when heading down to Cornwall

Spooks

I came so close to doing an image like this with Monkeh but I ran out of time. I agree with the others re colour and focus but I like the creativity and composition :)

Hi Paul, great idea for the theme, maybe change the white balance, overall though perfect for the theme.

Thanks everyone.
Spotted it whilst the wife and boy had been baking. Quick grab because she wanted to clean up and Noah wanted his chef back.

Tried a few WB settings and they all look the same [emoji52]

I'll try and adjust it if I get chance today

Hi Paul. Yes, nice grab shot for the theme ... always rewarding using edible props !!!

Thanks everyone.
Spotted it whilst the wife and boy had been baking. Quick grab because she wanted to clean up and Noah wanted his chef back.

Tried a few WB settings and they all look the same [emoji52]

I'll try and adjust it if I get chance today

Nice spot, and perfect for the theme. Looking at your exif on flickr I assume it was probably a bit dark and you handheld the shot which is never easy. A small tripod would have probably helped, I have a gorillapod which is great for quick setups like this.

Yep. Handheld. I have a tripod upstairs but it's a beast of a thing. I keep looking at the gorillapods but can't decide if I'd use it enough.
Think I should have set my aperture a bit differently as well. Maybe about 5.

Good idea and I can't add to the comments already made. Big fan of a low POV though :)

Ok, here's one with an adjusted WB. It looks better on the screens I'm using.
Note to self - I'll try adjusting the photo before I post next week.
little chef 2 by -johnsonpauld-

Hi Paul ...I like the original ...I think the glow gives it warm home baking feel, the lighter shot looks clinical to me, but then you'll never please everyone :) at tiny bit better focus on the little chef is needed but I think it's a great idea for the theme...very well done.

Nice effort.

Set up shots like this are really quite easy to get sharp focus, try using live view and zoom in and manual focus (on a tripod of course) switch to normal mode and click away.

Cheers, B. :cow:

I like the first one better. fun picture good fit for the theme

Last edited:
Many thanks all.

Didn't think about using live view. Maybe I'll give it a go this week. Got plenty of little people here.

Abandoned and looking sad for itself. I think the b&w treatment is right for this image Paul ... which incidentally could double up for Metal too with all that palisade fencing.

Thanks Carl

Yes definitely looked better in black and white.
Saw it a couple of days ago so went back yesterday. It was looking sad for itself.

Standard London Commuter's bike that (at least in Bermondsey).
On theme but it's a bit noisy and I'm not sure where the focus actually was, but it doesn't appear to have been the bike.
(Though how I have the cheek to say that with my record, god only knows!!!)

Nice idea, lots of this sort of thing around London. Perhaps it could be a little sharper and contrasty.

Nice image for the theme Paul I agree on the focus also I find the bike blends in a bit to the background may have stood out more as a colour image

Hiya Paul , really like you abandoned image, poor bike, poor owner. who is missing who.

Thanks all.
Sorry, works been distracting lately.

The colour of the bike matched the railings. It blended a bit too much really.

Some good ideas that fit the themes well. liking your 2nd chef picture . Camouflaged super idea all books from same author with the kindle strategically placed.

Thanks,
The Kindle also had the Bourne Identity on. Not that you can tell from the bit you can read

Thanks Susie,
It was an idea that came to me whilst charging the kindle. The books are pristine, not read this set yet. Read the Bourne identity on the kindle though. I have piles of books on my to read list. Just keep finding more to read instead.

Camouflaged is a quality idea for the theme, maybe a tweak on the WB

Thanks all.

I'm really not getting this WB right. More practice I think. Worked my way through the settings - I'll attempt pre setting next

Hi Paul

Like the idea behind your camouflage image nicely thought out.

With regard to WB I normally use Auto WB setting on the camera most of the time it gets it right

Back