The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

This is now very serious, it turns out the hospital gave the wrong drug to Sunny and then screwed up on the oxygen, as spoke to the boyfriend as they will have an investiogation Sunny is still fighting as I type

Jeeze ... No words mate :(

Step down rings...

How far can I step down a filter too? Got a 77mm filter, would I be able to step it down to 43mm for instance?

That shouldn’t be a to much of a problem Dave, but I think you’ll find its “step up” rings you want. I was always led to believe its the lens diameter you quote first ie 43mm lens up to 77mm filter.

George.

Oh yeah and i've moved on the last of my XT-3's

The shot above was on XH-1, have to say i'm very pleased with the switch back, AF is slower as we know but it just feels so much better.

That shouldn’t be a to much of a problem Dave, but I think you’ll find its “step up” rings you want. I was always led to believe its the lens diameter you quote first ie 43mm lens up to 77mm filter.

George.
Thanks George, I hadn’t realised that fact! I’ll have a look round for one. (y)

Turns out two doctors told my daughter that Sunny would pull through, but now because of the two mistakes he is fighting for his life christ im so angry here but praying for little Sunny to get through it

This is certainly one of those type situations where nothing anyone says will help you, but know that we do care , and hope the best outcome possible under the circumstances for you all. Your daughter must be going through hell right now, be there and be strong for her especially. It sucks that this kind of horrible thing happens to nice people :(

Turns out two doctors told my daughter that Sunny would pull through, but now because of the two mistakes he is fighting for his life christ im so angry here but praying for little Sunny to get through it

So sorry my heartfelt condolences are with you and your family at this traumatic time :cautious:

My heartfelt condolences Dave and my thoughts are with both you and yours.

Thanks folks, doctors have told my daughter and her BF they should stop treating little Sunny who is stable, but the damage is already done because of two mistakes that will sadly kill Sunny. My daughters bf will help with get a lawyer to have them up for it as Sunny would of pulled through if they had not screwed up, so at the moment im not really a fan of the nhs.

Thanks folks, doctors have told my daughter and her BF they should stop treating little Sunny who is stable, but the damage is already done because of two mistakes that will sadly kill Sunny. My daughters bf will help with get a lawyer to have them up for it as Sunny would of pulled through if they had not screwed up, so at the moment im not really a fan of the nhs.
So sorry to hear this, just terrible in all aspects. Deepest sympathy for you, your daughter and her boyfriend.

In a few days time I might ask if one of you great Fuji members can do me a big favour. I wont say yet what it is apart from something to do with editing some photos for me as I dont have a clue how to do it.

Happy to help, if I can, mate (y)

I love everything about this image, other than the "old photo" processing. The POV and colours are terrific, and all the technical stuff is spot on, but personally I don't like the added age.
Hmmm...valid point. I had the image already, it's from a few months ago, and I'd tried it in B&W and colour, but hadn't been happy with the results in either.
I saw a similar "antiqued" treatment on another forum, liked it, and wanted to give it a go, so I tried it on another image. Didn't like it as much as the one I was inspired by.
Remembered this image, gave it a go, it went much better.
IMHO there are some interesting things happening where the damage interacts with the colour, top LH and RH corners. A bit like sfumato, too, maybe.
As far as this image goes it set out to be an antique, and I'm happy with how it turned out. Maybe next time I'll see if a similar approach can pull it off without the foxing etc.
But when it comes down to it, we like what we like, don't we!

Last edited:
But when it comes down to it, we like what we like, don't we!

Exactly. And it's your image, and you make it for you, not others. I posted some of my shots from my walk yesterday on a local Facebook community to be told I'd gone overboard with CPL, when in fact, I used no filters at all!!

As a hobbiest, you make images to please yourself, to hang on your wall, for you to look at. If other people like and appreciate them to, then that's a bonus. Like I said, there was lots to love in that image, the POV particularly.

Happy to help, if I can, mate (y)
Me too, anything I can do, but I think Paulie-W has more PS skills than me.

What it is..is as follows once the twins are back together I want to pick the best photos of them and put them as a collage ( think thats the name) as my daughter would love it as would her BF but it will be a while til I sort the right images out.

And Thank you too (y)

What it is..is as follows once the twins are back together I want to pick the best photos of them and put them as a collage ( think thats the name) as my daughter would love it as would her BF but it will be a while til I sort the right images out.

And Thank you too (y)

Hmm never done a collage before, and wouldn`t have a clue as to where to start.

Hmm never done a collage before, and wouldn`t have a clue as to where to start.
I possibly could - I've done one or two before - but I couldn't print it - I could make it the size you need to print though. I'd need a bit of input....which images you would like particularly prominent, if you wanted them all square to the sides, or tilted - tilted would be more of a collage effect. Very happy to give it a go....Maybe PM me?

I possibly could - I've done one or two before - but I couldn't print it - I could make it the size you need to print though. I'd need a bit of input....which images you would like particularly prominent, if you wanted them all square to the sides, or tilted - tilted would be more of a collage effect. Very happy to give it a go....Maybe PM me?

I will get back to you on that, and Thank you.

I thought I’d share my recent experience of sending my Fuji 100-400 Back for repair.
I booked it in on Saturday, received a pre paid packaging on Tuesday and my lens was delivered back fully working by 10am Friday. Fantastic service!
Hi Leroy, who was this with please ?

I will get back to you on that, and Thank you.

I'd be happy to have a go at printing it (someone else would have to PS it though), can print up to A2

I'd be happy to have a go at printing it (someone else would have to PS it though), can print up to A2

At the moment I have managed to make one, as the photos are very small old mobile phone images so will carry on as it will be good practice. I will be able to print off the big one then do 6x4 for an album for us all.

Having had a few good results with the JJC extension tubes but wanting more flexibility, Mrs P is allowing me to buy a dedicated macro lens....... woop woop!

So if th ere is interest in the JJC extension tubes I will happily create a for sale post.
Cheers

Back