The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thanks Trevor, I do like the waves and rocks too. This was my first 'serious' outing with tripod, filters, long exposures etc so lots of experimenting :)
I like the composition of the first one, although some mist to give more feeling of depth is always handy (but hard to contrive!). I would suggest when you've got a tripod set up like this to experiment with a wide range of shutter speeds and get a feel of what works for you. It's well worth the investment of time and effort, if you haven't tried it already. Have fun! :)

I like the composition of the first one, although some mist to give more feeling of depth is always handy (but hard to contrive!). I would suggest when you've got a tripod set up like this to experiment with a wide range of shutter speeds and get a feel of what works for you. It's well worth the investment of time and effort, if you haven't tried it already. Have fun! :)

Hi Dave, yes some mist would have been great but alas none on that evening. I did try different shutter speeds and moved around in the water - while thinking how ridiculous it was to take hundreds of pounds worth of kit into the middle of a stream! - but just shared a few favourites here. It is fascinating to see what difference a few fractions of a second can make and I will definitely be taking the tripod and filters out again soon :)

Very nice shot, brilliant composition,

Thanks Andrew, the composition of the first was guided by the group leader but the second one was my idea once I spotted the pointed rock and leaves. It was great fun and definitely something I will do again :)

Very nice composition.
And well chosen focus point. At that aperture with that lens, the Image is pretty much diffraction limited, so everything seems equally sharp.

Very nice composition.
And well chosen focus point. At that aperture with that lens, the Image is pretty much diffraction limited, so everything seems equally sharp.
Oh my, the colours on this are magnificent. Another cracker Dave.
Lovely shot David, spent an early morning their last year taking to a local who went down most mornings with her coffee. It's a lovely spot.

Thank you all.

I'm going to be just slightly contrarian here and suggest that the mooring post is uncomfortably close to the left hand edge, the far right hand side isn't really earning its keep, and as so often with landscapes, a viewpoint a foot or so higher would probably have provided even better separation of the elements (although what one can do about that, short of lugging around a stepladder or flying a drone, I don't know). Still a very lovely shot, though, and well worth a big print :)

I'm going to be just slightly contrarian here and suggest that the mooring post is uncomfortably close to the left hand edge, the far right hand side isn't really earning its keep, and as so often with landscapes, a viewpoint a foot or so higher would probably have provided even better separation of the elements (although what one can do about that, short of lugging around a stepladder or flying a drone, I don't know). Still a very lovely shot, though, and well worth a big print :)

Got one a foot higher, not processed it yet but the optical distortion on the posts is quite severe, also got some shot in portrait mode, will get to them later in the week

Got one a foot higher, not processed it yet but the optical distortion on the posts is quite severe, also got some shot in portrait mode, will get to them later in the week
Sounds interesting! And this is where I so often go wrong - I leave what I think is a good enough margin at the edges, but forget that I'm going to want to correct the verticals... sigh.

Sounds interesting! And this is where I so often go wrong - I leave what I think is a good enough margin at the edges, but forget that I'm going to want to correct the verticals... sigh.

I've got about 15 different compositions, until the sun dipped below the hills behind me, losing the light on the boats, I've only processed the first one that grabbed my attention. I know have more real estate off to the left on the one I posted, but I do agree about the right hand side balance, maybe one of the portrait shots will work better, its certainly something to experiment with!

My 18yo son probably has about 15 different compositions on his G80, so those will be interesting as well! Unfortunately the Mavic Pro Drone he purchased earlier in the week, had to be sent back with a gimbal fault, otherwise we would have that as well.!

Last edited:
More of a scouting trip image, this needs to be revisited in more dramatic light - the mystery of the Moors farmhouse (Llwyn-y-Bettws), high up on the moors above Cwm Pennant lies an abandoned farmhouse with no obvious signs of an access road, abandoned many years ago, this two storey building (more at home within a Welsh town) stands proud. Most buildings of this generation built this high up would be single storey, there is no history of the building or the occupants to be found, though it is marked on first edition OS maps. It took some finding, guided by walls/fences marked on the OS map, but a revisit is definitely on the cards (now I know exactly how to get there!)

190623 Llwyn-y-Bettws
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

I know this has been covered in here, but I'm buggered if I can find it. I need a recommendation for some SD cards. 64GB, for the XT2 and XH-1. What are you using? I bought some 32 GB Transcend UHCII cards and they seem ok, any other recommendations? I need 4.

Cheers,

I know this has been covered in here, but I'm buggered if I can find it. I need a recommendation for some SD cards. 64GB, for the XT2 and XH-1. What are you using? I bought some 32 GB Transcend UHCII cards and they seem ok, any other recommendations? I need 4.

Cheers,

I use sandisk extreme (only 32gb though), and haven`t had any issues with them at all.

Cheers,
I use Transcend 32 GB Ultimate SDHC UHS-II U3 R285 W180 Memory Cards with zero issues, highly recommend them. One thing to consider, if you move to the XT-3 you need 64GB to take full advantage of the new video features.

Last edited:
I'm using a pair of SanDisk extreme 90mb/s 32GB cards which appear to do the job nicely and are super cheap on Amazon.

Cheers,

I use Sandisk SD Extreme Pro 64GB in all my cameras.

Cheers,

Both my T2's have a pair of 90mb/s 64GB Sandisk cards. Have been great, and they get a lot of use.

Back