The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

In Dinorwic yesterday, went to several paces I’ve not need to before, on way back to car stumbled, jammed right foot, went head over heals and when stopped my right foot was pointing out at 45 degrees!!

the guy who I was with had done the same 9 months earlier, mountain rescue there in less than 40 mins, airlifted to Bangor hospital, ankle re-aligned yesterday, going to be inner today.

so you will all have to wait for the pictures!!

currently featured on the Llanberis Moutain Rescue Team Facebook page - they were simply phenomenal

it’s a lesson to those of us who wander out alone - take care

Ouch!
Jeeze mate, I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.
Good on the MRT for sorting you out. Lots of indoor pix to come, no doubt ;)

In Dinorwic yesterday, went to several paces I’ve not need to before, on way back to car stumbled, jammed right foot, went head over heals and when stopped my right foot was pointing out at 45 degrees!!

the guy who I was with had done the same 9 months earlier, mountain rescue there in less than 40 mins, airlifted to Bangor hospital, ankle re-aligned yesterday, going to be inner today.

currently featured on the Llanberis Moutain Rescue Team Facebook page - they were simply phenomenal

Ouch.!

I've had a few scrapes myself including falling off a rock and into a lake in Snowdonia and jarring ankles and knees on uneven ground.

Hope you have a speedy recovery David.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Looking forward for the photographs [emoji2]

I have a bit of a dilema,i have had my X100F for about six months & i do really like it,but.
I got rid of all my canon DSLR & lenses last year to try fuji & i do like the files i get.
I have been looking at the XT30 & growing to like the sound of it,so i am torn as to what to do.
I do miss changing lenses,anyone with the XT30 might know if it is worth swapping to that,help.:wave:

I have had the X100T and F and like you liked the files, but missed the lack of flexibility, even with the TCL and WCL, so I bought an X-T3 and subsequently added an X-H1 and X-Pro2, I much prefer these cameras myself. The X-T30 is a very capable camera :)

@rick448

Rick your like me, we Luuuuuuuvvvvveeee all things FOOJ..

Cheers for that,might look more closely at the X-T30:D

I wouldn't discount an XT2 depending on what you need it to do. Very reasonable price on the now.

I wouldn't discount an XT2 depending on what you need it to do. Very reasonable price on the now.
What drew me to the X-T30 is people comparing it to the X-T3 & that looks good in a lot of reviews.

What drew me to the X-T30 is people comparing it to the X-T3 & that looks good in a lot of reviews.
If it weren't for the improvement in eye detect on the X-T3, I would be happy to still be using the X-T2 for my people photography (and in-fact still do quite often). The eye detect is improved, but if you were happy with placing the focus point on an eye manually, it still works exactly the way it did previously.
Of course, YMMV, it depends on what you shoot (but your flickr seems to indicate landscapes, so eye detect isn't going to be a killer feature for you).

Hmmm,thinking hurts my brain.:p
I might even look for a trade.

If it weren't for the improvement in eye detect on the X-T3, I would be happy to still be using the X-T2 for my people photography (and in-fact still do quite often). The eye detect is improved, but if you were happy with placing the focus point on an eye manually, it still works exactly the way it did previously.
Of course, YMMV, it depends on what you shoot (but your flickr seems to indicate landscapes, so eye detect isn't going to be a killer feature for you).

Both X-T2 and X-T30 are great X cameras, use to have the T2 and loved it for my beach music but traded it in. Then a couple of weeks ago I had a go with my mates X-T30 and thought if it had come out before the T3 I would of got one, like Tim ( LC2 ) said it depends on what you shoot but I`m sure you will love it if that`s what you get/got.

Blimey David, I hope you make a very speedy recovery! I just looked at the Facebook page (and had a little smile at their comment about hearing you from the other side of the valley) but very glad that you had someone with you and expert help on location so quickly. Looking forward to seeing the images and all the best for a full recovery.

Ooops....

The important bit you left out....

Was the camera OK? ;);) GWS mate...

Off to Snowdonia in May with the Mini Club, I will try and find some time for walking & the Fuji...

Hope you have a speedy recover David, had to smile where they mentioned your expletives being heard on the other Side of the valley.. Ouch to put it mildly.

Last edited:
Both X-T2 and X-T30 are great X cameras, use to have the T2 and loved it for my beach music but traded it in. Then a couple of weeks ago I had a go with my mates X-T30 and thought if it had come out before the T3 I would of got one, like Tim ( LC2 ) said it depends on what you shoot but I`m sure you will love it if that`s what you get/got.
I suppose the main thing i like is landscape,no sport or anything like that.

Wishing you a speedy recovery David, I also read that your screaming could be heard over a few miles away.

Is the X-T2 as good as the X -T3 or almost?,not bothered about weather sealing

Last edited:
Is the X-T2 as good as the X -T3 or almost?

I have both. For portrait work the T3 edges it because the face/eye focus is much better. For wildlife the T3's focus engine is quicker for better AF-C. For landscape & studio work, there's not a lot in it....

Not an easy decision

Evening all
Received the XT3 for Xmas not really had a chance to try it out yet, husband’s medical issues took precedent. All ok thankfully.
we are off to Canadian Rockies and Alaska in May, what SD card would you recommend? Hoping to see some wildlife and perhaps try out the 4k video. I don’t really understand the different speeds etc.

Evening all
Received the XT3 for Xmas not really had a chance to try it out yet, husband’s medical issues took precedent. All ok thankfully.
we are off to Canadian Rockies and Alaska in May, what SD card would you recommend? Hoping to see some wildlife and perhaps try out the 4k video. I don’t really understand the different speeds etc.

100% Sandisk Extreme Pro and what ever GB you want.
I have a mix of 64GB and 32GB.

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is the link to Fuji’s page with recommended SD cards - you want the UHS-II cards for best performance.

Well used T2's are going really cheap now. Even used T3's are dropping in price, but you could probably find a decent T2 for £400.
Sounds good will have a look around.:)

My 16 1.4 is up for sale in classified if anyone's interested. Think I'll go for a 35mm 1.4 , if it sells

Not that I will be getting another one, but that`s a good price for a great lens (y)

It's not an easy sell tbh, really love this lens, but I need funds atm. Also, I really want to try the 35 1.4 again, loved it when I had it before on the X-T1. The 16mm is one I would definitely re-buy later on

Wow, wishing you a speedy recovery!

@Dave70D .......I’ve got and done it again...... GAS strikes....just dropped the hammer on a Silver Fuji XT-30 mint condition.

@Dave70D .......I’ve got and done it again...... GAS strikes....just dropped the hammer on a Silver Fuji XT-30 mint condition.

Now all you need to do is, sell the tatty other brand that goes by the name of sony and totally invest in the beautiful world of FUJI :D

100% Sandisk Extreme Pro and what ever GB you want.
I have a mix of 64GB and 32GB.
Yup, Sandisk Extreme Pro is what I use, for 4K video you want the U-3 type, I have both U-1 and U-3 and with the slower one 4K video stutters

Excellent price on Amazon too for a 64GB: https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ex...xtreme+ro+sd+card&qid=1578769940&sr=8-1-spell

If you think 32GB is sufficient, and want 2 of them, they're only £13 [click the 32GB option under the description for the 64

Thank you both much appreciated, will get them ordered.

Evening all
Thank you both much appreciated, will get them ordered.

I`d make sure to get a couple of spare ones too, as you might need them for the Rockies.

My 16 1.4 is up for sale in classified if anyone's interested. Think I'll go for a 35mm 1.4 , if it sells
The 35 is a beautiful lens. Though I also love the 16. If I had to pick between the 2 it’d be the 35 but only because it is slightly more versatile for its intention the 16 is brilliant.

The 35 is a beautiful lens. Though I also love the 16. If I had to pick between the 2 it’d be the 35 but only because it is slightly more versatile for its intention the 16 is brilliant.

I would say the 16 if I had to choose between the 2 in general, but I find I'm shooting more people lately and the 35 is much better for that. It's also not too shabby for closer focusing, not near as good as the 16 for this but better than say the 35 F2

Oof, hope you’re feeling better soon! My trips to Dinorwic have been solo visits and I felt exposed in such a risky place, particularly climbing up to Australia level. Still up for a visit when you’re recovered?

Back