The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Gritty underbelly - nice

The weight is the one thing that put me off it the X-H1

Last edited:
If the X-T4 with IBIS is really a thing, I can see it being around the £1800 mark.

OK here is the image to remind you to take extra care especially if solo landscape togging, and I for one will certainly think twice before going out alone, I had known of Greg's Whitton's incident, and obviously my friend who was with me had also previously broken his ankle, but you never think these things are going to happen to you. You'll still have to wait for the landscape pictures, not sure if the X100F still works ok, its taken a bit of a beating, but this is a phone snap of the surgeon's phone copy of the X-Ray

The Llanberis mountain rescue team where simply phenomenal (I will definitely be making a significant donation to them), as were the team at Bangor hospital, who are possibly are more used to this kind of injury than many hospitals. The newspaper reports of swearing that could be heard across the valley are definitely exaggerated, as even my lungs cannot drown out a helicopter!!! There may have been a bit of the Queen's best English as my ankle was reset on the mountainside!!! The whole thing was a very scary experience and not one I wish to repeat.

I'm back at home now, with quite a long path of recovery ahead. Just think twice before flying solo!!!

tBb3nY8h.jpg

OK here is the image to remind you to take extra care especially if solo landscape togging, and I for one will certainly think twice before going out alone, I had known of Greg's Whitton's incident, and obviously my friend who was with me had also previously broken his ankle, but you never think these things are going to happen to you. You'll still have to wait for the landscape pictures, not sure if the X100F still works ok, its taken a bit of a beating, but this is a phone snap of the surgeon's phone copy of the X-Ray

The Llanberis mountain rescue team where simply phenomenal (I will definitely be making a significant donation to them), as were the team at Bangor hospital, who are possibly are more used to this kind of injury than many hospitals. The newspaper reports of swearing that could be heard across the valley are definitely exaggerated, as even my lungs cannot drown out a helicopter!!! There may have been a bit of the Queen's best English as my ankle was reset on the mountainside!!! The whole thing was a very scary experience and not one I wish to repeat.

I'm back at home now, with quite a long path of recovery ahead. Just think twice before flying solo!!!

tBb3nY8h.jpg
Ouch, wishing you a speedy recovery Mr P

The X-H1 is my favourite Fuji having owned/used most of them. I prefer it to my X-T3 and the deal at the moment with the grip is nothing short of a steal but I would try and get to hold one as the difference in ergonomics and weight over the X100 series is a tad severe!
That about sums up my thoughts. They are all great cameras, but I d think it I had to pick one it would be the H1, if it had the faster AF of the T3 it would be pretty much perfect.

tBb3nY8h.jpg

Bets wishes David and I hope you recover soon.. I always tend to go out on my own (billy no mates :) ) and often thought about what if..

tBb3nY8h.jpg

Get well soon David.

The X-H1 is my favourite Fuji having owned/used most of them. I prefer it to my X-T3 and the deal at the moment with the grip is nothing short of a steal but I would try and get to hold one as the difference in ergonomics and weight over the X100 series is a tad severe!
Yes certainly hefty compared to an X100! Seems like an absolute bargain with the grip deal, very close to pulling the trigger. Not sure which lens(es) to buy with it initially. I want some versatility, can't decide between buying two of the cheaper primes or go with the 16-55mm and save for one or two of the faster primes down the line.

I have never bought the 16-55 as I am pretty happy with the 18-55 version. The primes are superb, and as they don't have OIS they benefit from the H1 IBIS. I guess it depends on what you are shooting.

Have been trawling a lot of reviews & youtubes i am now torn between the X-T3 & X-H1.o_O:cautious:

I have the Fuji pro version. Full version but locked to Fuji only. Not sure about stacking but have read you cannot create panno's with C1.

I think that's what going to kill it for me. There is no doubt that it deals with the detail in Fuji files better than LR, but it's missing a number of functions, and it's the same subs price as Adobe, which gives you much more.

My lens dilemma drags on. :oops: :$

I‘m really not 100% sure the 16-55 is right for me. No doubt it’s a great lens, IQ-wise, build-wise etc but the lack of IBIS is killing it for me. Most of my photos are grab shots, so taken handheld. I had to bin a fair few shots from Wales a week or two back due to camera shake. (In fairness, the weather was appalling.) In hindsight, I should have waiting a couple of months and bought the, not released at the time I switched to Fuji, 16-80. The obvious thing is to sell the 16-55 to fund something else but the 16-55 seems to be endlessly discounted/cash-backed by Fuji, killing trade-in value. I could get a cheap, s/h 18-55 but it has no weather sealing. One lens I keep looking at is the 18-135. Robin Whalley (YouTube Fuji user/vlogger) rates it quite highly. I could get one grey market fairly cheaply and it would make a nice one lens solution for days when I don’t take all the camera gear out. IBIS and weather sealed as well. Thing is, if I got on with it then the, apparently optically much better, 16-55 would be redundant and be sold at a huge loss. The other thing to throw into the mix is the incoming XT4 with it‘s in-body IBIS. That would ‘fix’ the 16-55 but at the substantial cost of buying a new camera.

Hhmmmm. :confused:

:fuji:

I‘m really not 100% sure the 16-55 is right for me. No doubt it’s a great lens, IQ-wise, build-wise etc but the lack of IBIS is killing it for me. Most of my photos are grab shots, so taken handheld. I had to bin a fair few shots from Wales a week or two back due to camera shake. (In fairness, the weather was appalling.) In hindsight, I should have waiting a couple of months and bought the, not released at the time I switched to Fuji, 16-80. The obvious thing is to sell the 16-55 to fund something else but the 16-55 seems to be endlessly discounted/cash-backed by Fuji, killing trade-in value. I could get a cheap, s/h 18-55 but it has no weather sealing. One lens I keep looking at is the 18-135. Robin Whalley (YouTube Fuji user/vlogger) rates it quite highly. I could get one grey market fairly cheaply and it would make a nice one lens solution for days when I don’t take all the camera gear out. IBIS and weather sealed as well. Thing is, if I got on with it then the, apparently optically much better, 16-55 would be redundant and be sold at a huge loss. The other thing to throw into the mix is the incoming XT4 with it‘s in-body IBIS. That would ‘fix’ the 16-55 but at the substantial cost of buying a new camera.

Or buy an X-H1 :)

I use the X-T2 with 16-55 as my bad weather/low light grab and go. To avoid camera shake I set aperture priority auto ISO with shutter no slower than 1/125 and max ISO 3200 that gets me out of jail on most occasions and 3200 is acceptable (to me) for those grab shots. If I am taking something more seriously I just go to manual ISO.

X-T2 PS Adj.jpg

18-135 is wrongly ignored by far too many people, i've had one when I had an XT-1 and it's a very good lens, took several thousand shots with it and was never disappointed.

18-135 is wrongly ignored by far too many people, i've had one when I had an XT-1 and it's a very good lens, took several thousand shots with it and was never disappointed.

If you accept that the 18-135 is not the sharpest Fujifilm lens, then you will get along fine, the OIS is very good. It doesn't feel as solid as the 18-55,16-55 or 16-80 but its certainly not going to come apart in your hands. But I suspect that it may be an interim solution as once the X-T4 is announced this in the future will solve your issues.

Personally I'd change the X-T2 for an X-H1, my recent change cost me very little and thats even selling the X-T2 for less than £400, then when the time is ready, move to the X-T4

I have been tempted by the 16-55 and the cashback offers and as I have an X-H1 the lack of OIS never bothered me. But I did get the 18-135 two months ago despite the very wide range of opinions on it and have been delighted with its performance. It is a lovely lens.

But that dammed Mr Fuji sent me a £150 voucher last month which was burning a hole in my pocket so I went out to get the 16-55 and came back with the 50-140.

The 18-135 lives on and it continues to perform superbly especially today in Mid Wales where even Eric Olthwaite would have found the precipitation to be interesting.

I have been tempted by the 16-55 and the cashback offers and as I have an X-H1 the lack of OIS never bothered me. But I did get the 18-135 two months ago despite the very wide range of opinions on it and have been delighted with its performance. It is a lovely lens.

But that dammed Mr Fuji sent me a £150 voucher last month which was burning a hole in my pocket so I went out to get the 16-55 and came back with the 50-140.

The 18-135 lives on and it continues to perform superbly especially today in Mid Wales where even Eric Olthwaite would have found the precipitation to be interesting.

The 16-55mm is a hell of a great lens as use to use it on my jazz shots, got rid of it though as only wanted a great set of Primes. On the X-H1 it was a cracking combo and not heavy at all.

The 16-55mm is a hell of a great lens as use to use it on my jazz shots, got rid of it though as only wanted a great set of Primes. On the X-H1 it was a cracking combo and not heavy at all.

I know Dave, I would love one but with all my recent purchases I fear the wrath of my beloved who taught Jonny Wilkinson how to kick balls with amazing accuracy.

Hey Ho, hopefully Fuji San will be sending out some more vouchers during the year.

Back