The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

[snip] but the 16-55 seems to be endlessly discounted/cash-backed by Fuji, killing trade-in value. [snip]

Get used to it, I have 2 bodies and a lens sitting here that are just not worth selling. Fuji have a habit of discounting stuff, even from the refurb store, which kills used prices.

. ............ But I suspect that it may be an interim solution as once the X-T4 is announced this in the future will solve your issues............

This is what my, not often listened to, sensible side is telling me - hang fire and see what the XT4 brings to the table. That was more or less the plan anyway - get into the Fuji system with a cheap XT2, skip the XT3 and look at the XT4.

18-135 is wrongly ignored by far too many people, i've had one when I had an XT-1 and it's a very good lens, took several thousand shots with it and was never disappointed.

I have been tempted by the 16-55 and the cashback offers and as I have an X-H1 the lack of OIS never bothered me. But I did get the 18-135 two months ago despite the very wide range of opinions on it and have been delighted with its performance. It is a lovely lens.

But that dammed Mr Fuji sent me a £150 voucher last month which was burning a hole in my pocket so I went out to get the 16-55 and came back with the 50-140.

The 18-135 lives on and it continues to perform superbly especially today in Mid Wales where even Eric Olthwaite would have found the precipitation to be interesting.

It's a great lens, I really enjoyed using it. Seen an X-T1 with the 18-135mm neither have been used for £450.... must resist.....

Thanks for the feedback on the 18-135. Good to see that it can cope with the worst that the Welsh weather can throw at it! Pretty high on my list of priorities that one. I’m tempted. :) It really would be useful for family days out/walks with the dog when I take the camera and one lens ‘just in case’ in a small backpack.

My local Jessops is where I did all my trading.
I got the new X100F from jessops just last august,hardly used it much,so getting a good trade in deal on it.:banana:

They are offering me £545 on my X100F.
I don,t know if i should sell it privately.

I have it in the for sale section now.

Last edited:
I use the X-T2 with 16-55 as my bad weather/low light grab and go. To avoid camera shake I set aperture priority auto ISO with shutter no slower than 1/125 and max ISO 3200 that gets me out of jail on most occasions and 3200 is acceptable (to me) for those grab shots. If I am taking something more seriously I just go to manual ISO.

Yep, it’s the first thing I did when I got the XT2, set the minimum shutter speed to a safe speed plus a little bit to be sure. All good there.

.....or so I thought. The XT2 has three settings for autoISO shutter. I’d put my usual settings in as above to preset slot one and somehow, while fiddling with the camera, had selected preset slot two which had 1/60 and a max ISO of 800 as the settings. Not good at 55mm on a wet and windy Welsh mountain. :confused:

Thanks for prompting me to check. A bit of a schoolboy error to not spot it while shooting as well.

I think that's what going to kill it for me. There is no doubt that it deals with the detail in Fuji files better than LR, but it's missing a number of functions, and it's the same subs price as Adobe, which gives you much more.
For me, not having panorama or stitch images is not a problem. I still have my LR sub but to be honest I haven't even opened LR since I have had C1. To me the raw file handling is far superior to LR.

For me, not having panorama or stitch images is not a problem. I still have my LR sub but to be honest I haven't even opened LR since I have had C1. To me the raw file handling is far superior to LR.

I agree that the detail in the raw files is better, and I guess I could always edit the files to TIFF and then combine them, but personally I would prefer to do that at a raw level in my workflow. Seeing as the subs are £10.00/month, I just can't justify it at the moment, and I don't want to give up my Adobe subs as that gives me so much more.

So,waiting on jessops calling me when they get my X-T3+18-55mm lens in.:)
Not knowing anything about the fuji lens system i want something with a zoom to go with this setup.
I don,t want to spend a fortune on it,i am reading about the XC lenses,are they any good.

I have changed my mind about buying from jessops now or accepting their trade in deal.

Last edited:
So,waiting on jessops calling me when they get my X-T3+18-55mm lens in.:)
Not knowing anything about the fuji lens system i want something with a zoom to go with this setup.
I don,t want to spend a fortune on it,i am reading about the XC lenses,are they any good.

The XC lenses are not as good as the XF ones, but they are still great imo. In My Flickr some of the airshow shots were with the XC50-250mm.

They look very good.i would be happy with them.:)

I have it up for sale somewhere else just now.

James,

have you seen the X-T3 and 18-55mm on the Fuji Refurb site at £1124.10?

https://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/digital.../fujifilm-x-t3-kit-xf18-55mm-lens-refurbished

I am not sure of Jessops price but even with the £90 cashback, (ends today), that could be a substantial saving.

I bought my X-H1, X-T3 and, last week, the Graphite X-Pro2 from Fuji Refurb and all were absolutely as brand new. Only the box was different.

Last edited:

I have it up for sale somewhere else just now.
In my opinion that's a low ball offer. It should sell easily for £750 ish on here if you can wait.

Yes i know,but i have it up for sale elsewhere just now.

Now ordered.:banana:

I'm sure you'll love it :) The 18-55 is a great little lens and an ideal choice while you get used to the Fuji and decide if you need longer or wider options. It's sharp, lightweight and balances beautifully on the X-T bodies. It's only a 'kit lens' in the sense that it's often sold bundled with the bodies - it's much better than the cheap kit lenses from other manufacturers.

I,m sure i will,i have read enough reviews on it & watched tons of you tubes about it.:D

Had a bit of a play today as the weather was behaving, and I'm looking to put some wide canvas prints of my local area on the wall. This was the first proper test, using the T2 & 10-24, at 24mm in portrait mode. 4 images stitched, the result of which is 11,495px wide (about 1.2m).

Things I learned from this:

1) It was bloody cold on that hill!
2) It really needed 5 vertical images
3) My 5 year old Macbook Pro easily coped with the 885mb TIF file....
4) C1 might be good, but I still love Lightroom....

Great Bottom by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Back