The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I think I saw something, but can someone please advise again what I do with the firmware update on X-T3. It has come up saying 'firmware not found' on the SD card
EDIT - found it above, and downloading now. There really is great help on this site, thanks!

For refering back to etc ... Might be worth bookmarking ;)

This is a quick test from a Viltrox 85mm Mkii that I just received. I have to say for the price ( I paid £170 new!) its very impressive.

This is pretty much straight out of camera, with a little clarity and sharpening applied to the eyes. This is wide open at ISO 6400 ( I've only tried handheld and indoors) and it does need that slight sharpen, but the quality is great. I'm sure the Fuji 90mm is better but it's also 5 times the price....
DSCF9595.jpg

Its certainly put Viltrox on my radar for any future lens purchases!

I've already got a GSW690III, paid a bit more than $99 though!!!! Another film body arrived today Fuji STX-2 - to keep my STX-1N company (one for colour, one for b+w), also have 28/35/50mm lenses, bought an immaculate Ricoh FF-9 at a collectible market last week for £1.50, new battery and it works fine, along with this week's X-M1, my camera collection is growing, when will it all end........

Yeah I'm sure you did haha. I'll take yours for $99 :p. The Ricoh is an absolute steal! I'm starting to question who's the one with GAS here ;) I've got an Olympus OM1 but want to dabble more in film but I really want a 120 which is why I want the Fuji 690. One day.

Yeah I'm sure you did haha. I'll take yours for $99 :p. The Ricoh is an absolute steal! I'm starting to question who's the one with GAS here ;) I've got an Olympus OM1 but want to dabble more in film but I really want a 120 which is why I want the Fuji 690. One day.

Don't look at this then :)

I'm building a system of different systems for different days/uses, so far I've got

Digital

Pinhole Experience - X-M1
Everyday shooting - X100F
Photography Adventures - X-H1

Film

Compact - Ricoh FF-9
35mm Days - Fuji STX-1N/STX-2
Photography Outings - GSW690III

Quite often I take GSW690III and X100F+WCL, then I can use the X100F+WCL as the worlds most expensive lightmeter!!!

There are some holes in the above lists, like Digital Medium Format, and other MF film formats than 6x9, the latter would have to have an ILC body

Why don't things bloody work? I've just taken a few RAW images. They are on my camera because I can see them. Fujifilm Raw Studio X can't though. It lists my XT3 as being connected, but there is no folder in the directory to open. Where am I going wrong?

Why don't things bloody work? I've just taken a few RAW images. They are on my camera because I can see them. Fujifilm Raw Studio X can't though. It lists my XT3 as being connected, but there is no folder in the directory to open. Where am I going wrong?

It won’t read the memory card. You need to have the images on your computer. It’ll be able to see them then.

A woodland fungi scene from yesterday afternoon ...

X-Pro2; XF16-55 @55; ISO200; f11; 0.3"

It won’t read the memory card. You need to have the images on your computer. It’ll be able to see them then.

Yes, you're right. I've found them in a folder on my HD after Windows imported them. I can view them, but I don't seem to be able to do anything with them. Now I'm confused, because I thought the object of Raw Studio X was to work on them using the settings on your camera?

Yes, you're right. I've found them in a folder on my HD after Windows imported them. I can view them, but I don't seem to be able to do anything with them. Now I'm confused, because I thought the object of Raw Studio X was to work on them using the settings on your camera?
It uses the cameras processor to edit the files, but I believe the files need to be on the pc.

Bit of a weird setup, but maybe the camera processing code can't be exactly replicated on a computer, or maybe it saves having to have different versions for Mac and Windows, other than the interface.

Last edited:
What a faff. I did get it to work in the end. What I eventually worked out is that I had to go into the playback menu. No, I didn't realise there was such a thing either. ;) Raw conversion was greyed out. I'm not entirely sure what I did. I fiddled with the crop setting, went back and it was active. At which point Raw X Studio began to work. But, to be honest I found it very clunky using the cameras processor. I did get some nice JPEG's out of it though.

IS anybody able to post some comparison images from the 50-140mm with and without the 1.4x teleconverter? And if they also have a 55-200mm they could throw into the ring I'd be real grateful....

This is a quick test from a Viltrox 85mm Mkii that I just received. I have to say for the price ( I paid £170 new!) its very impressive.

This is pretty much straight out of camera, with a little clarity and sharpening applied to the eyes. This is wide open at ISO 6400 ( I've only tried handheld and indoors) and it does need that slight sharpen, but the quality is great. I'm sure the Fuji 90mm is better but it's also 5 times the price....
View attachment 297202

I'm loving the Viltrox 85mmII too. I normally take landscape but struggle to want to take this lens off the camera to do so ;)

View attachment 297202

It's a fine lens, regardless of price. I had to sell on mine to fund a new mountain bike, which for me is a bit more neccesary, but plan on rebuying the V85 as I was enjoying it. I didn't find I needed to sharpen the files much, not more than any Fuji lens I've owned tbh, at ISO 6400 it'll be more a noise issue than sharpening, and then you just need to be very careful you're not sharpening the noise - lovely pic btw

Spent a few days in Cornwall last week with the family. Weather was pretty windy for almost anything! Popped along to Charlestown (Poldark fame) on the way back, very pretty, quaint harbour area.

Took the X-H1 along with the 16-55mm f2.8 lens with me. As a long time user of primes over zooms I love that lens, it is an absolute beast!

_XH13376
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_XH13371
by Dave Young, on Flickr

_XH13369 by Dave Young, on Flickr

I've just updated the firmware on my XT-3 and the AF is significantly faster on the 50-140 I have attached to it here at work. Highly recommended if anyone is wondering if it is worth bothering.

Fujirumors.com says pixel shift firmware is coming for the GFX 100 this month, I wonder if they will be able to do the same for other IBIS bodies. Any ideas?

Morning campers!

Just to let you know, if you're rocking the Viltrox 85mm Mk1, Viltrox have released a new firmware upgrade.

The brief descriptive mentions aperture value adjustment but I can't see anything obvious having updated the firmware myself.

Thought I would share it with you guys anyway (y)

DISASTER!!!!

I've managed to drop my 10-24 and it's broken the rear mount.

I'm going to send it off to Fuji to see if they can repair it, but with another lockdown starting, I think I'll be lucky to see it this side of Christmas.....

I feel like I've had an arm cut off, it is always my go to lens for landscape.

:eek::eek: :banghead::banghead:

DISASTER!!!!

I've managed to drop my 10-24 and it's broken the rear mount.

I'm going to send it off to Fuji to see if they can repair it, but with another lockdown starting, I think I'll be lucky to see it this side of Christmas.....

I feel like I've had an arm cut off, it is always my go to lens for landscape.

:eek::eek: :banghead::banghead:

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I’m sure it’ll come back like new. Did you book it in online ?
Probably a fixed price repair.

Back