The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just renewed my acquaintance with the Fuji X-T4 and looking for a fish to use with it. What is the usual to use. I don't want to spend a fortune as it will only be used maybe once or twice a year.

I have a couple of fish for my Fuji X a circular 6.5mm f2.0 made by Meike and a Samyang 8mm f2.8 rectilinear both can be picked up used or new and I think you will find a few more on eBay

Fisheye converters are another option that you can fit to a wide prime or zoom a series 7 and a stepping ring will do the job for occasional use I think you can even get a fisheye lens body cap
cheapy here

Last edited:
Low Tide

20mm; ISO200; f11; 1/150

X-T1; XC 15-45: PP in C1 and finished in Silver Efex Pro 2

Excellent Jim, I'd have that professionally printed large and hung proudly on a wall at home, superb photographic skills Sir..!!!

Regards;
Peter

Wow! Thanks Peter, lovely comment.

Something a little different ....

Forget-Me-Nots

H1 80mm

Forget-Me-Not by Paulie-W, on Flickr

I have to say seeing your macro shots is not good for my self-control!
Always wanted to play with a Macro lens and being in lockdown feels a good time to do it....

I have to say seeing your macro shots is not good for my self-control!
Always wanted to play with a Macro lens and being in lockdown feels a good time to do it....

I enjoy it, Chris. Always liked macro, but not bugs lol there's so much about the house you can experiment with :)

Go for it ;)

Just renewed my acquaintance with the Fuji X-T4 and looking for a fish to use with it. What is the usual to use. I don't want to spend a fortune as it will only be used maybe once or twice a year.
Oh dear, made a cockup there, please alter "fish to flash". These modern computers !!!!!!!.

Oh dear, made a cockup there, please alter "fish to flash". These modern computers !!!!!!!.

Godox work well with fuji. I have 2 680's and an X1 trigger. Very happy with them.

Got to be Godox, they work great and do the job well.
I do have a Neewer TT680 which I bought to use with my Canon gear. The instruction booklet with this talks about it being a Godox flash, (I.e."thanks for purchasing this Godox flash")do you think that maybe this will work on my X-T4 ?. I don't really want to try it on the camera in case it fry's the electronics on the camera.

I do have a Neewer TT680 which I bought to use with my Canon gear. The instruction booklet with this talks about it being a Godox flash, (I.e."thanks for purchasing this Godox flash")do you think that maybe this will work on my X-T4 ?. I don't really want to try it on the camera in case it fry's the electronics on the camera.

If you have a Fuji trigger then it should be fine to use, but have never heard a flash wreck a camera though.

If you got it for only your Canon, I'd not try it at all on the X-T4 as the pins on the flash might be different and you don't want to wreck the T4.

Many thanks to you all, just tried the flash on my X-T4 and it works okay, will think about purchasing a trigger.

If you got it for only your Canon, I'd not try it at all on the X-T4 as the pins on the flash might be different and you don't want to wreck the T4.

Checked the pins on the flash + camera and they are the same, so I thought give it ago and as I have said pleased with that.

DSCF3313.jpg

The magnificent Red Kite soaring over a roadkill Pheasant outside my house just as I was trying out my newly arrived X-T4 body with the 100-400mm. We are built into the hillside so the Kite was almost level with me at times.

Still trying to get the hang of BIF, but the X-T4 is much better at tracking than the X-T3 and the Smallrig L bracket really helps with handling and grip. RAW, processed with Capture 1 and taken about 150m from the Kite.

DSCF3333 2.jpg

Sold my 55-200 when the 50-140 mysteriously arrived and the 70-300 is on order. Probably stuck in the Suez Canal!
Been thinking of the 50-140 too, but the 70-300 is possibly a more practical lens for me at the moment.

I have to wait til next weekend to find the boxes etc before I can sell my 18-55 and 55-200 to fund one though!

Been thinking of the 50-140 too, but the 70-300 is possibly a more practical lens for me at the moment.

I have to wait til next weekend to find the boxes etc before I can sell my 18-55 and 55-200 to fund one though!

I love my 50-140, in fact I'm moving on my 90mm because I no longer use it. Two things with the 50-140 though.

1) It's heavy. I really notice when it's in my bag.
2) Close focus distance is awful, I tend to use it with a a tube if I want to get close to anything.

It is a stunning lens though...

How many of you guys have swapped your 55-200s for 70-300s already?
Swapped my 50-140 for the 70-300. Picked it up on Tuesday...first impressions are excellent, am impressed by the lack of distortion (barrel/pincushion), lack of vignetting wide open and overall sharpness, particularly at f/8, and surprisingly f/16.

The 50-140 is a stunning lens but it is a heavy bugger. I think the 70-300 will be a lovely lens and as I do have both tele-converters, it will be interesting to travel a bit lighter!

I love my 50-140 f2.8 and I can't see myself replacing it with any other lens even though its not the lightest for the reseons below:

- Very fast
- Very sharp
- Constant F2.8 through out the zoom range
- Versatile zoom range
- Works excellent with the 1.4TC (other lenses are ok with the 1.4TC but only with good light)

2) Close focus distance is awful, I tend to use it with a a tube if I want to get close to anything.

Just had to look that up and yes, it is lacking somewhat isn't it? I'd like to test one first of course but I think that might actually kill that lens for me as I like to get in close to stuff. Long way off if I ever do get it anyway, 8-16 and 100-400 are ahead of it in my dream line up queue!

Back