The GAS confessional - all who suffer are welcome. :)

Free camera? Well, perhaps: I'm trying (cheeky Ebay offer) to buy another camera, but just to get the copy of Lightroom that comes with it.

Yesterday I hele in my bands.
X100V
X-Pro3
X-T4
GFX50R
GFX100
DROOL
but im not tempted, not at All
ngngngngn

Yesterday I hele in my bands.
X100V
X-Pro3
X-T4
GFX50R
GFX100
DROOL
but im not tempted, not at All
ngngngngn
The last of those certainly doesn't temp me at all, and if you could hold it in your hands your temptation to the others must have been limited :)

The last of those certainly doesn't temp me at all, and if you could hold it in your hands your temptation to the others must have been limited :)
Oh sorry, my mistake.
The last one was actually one like this
camara-instantanea-fujifilm-instax-mini-8-raspberry.jpg

Belonging to Jonas Rask, Fuji X Photographer

The good news is I cancelled my pre-order of a Nikon Z 24-200 lens :D. The bad news is I ordered a Nikon Z 85mm :(. But I saved myself £220 :banana:. Now what can I spend that on?

A Kirk monopod head which I bought yesterday! This always happens just before the Photo show!

Needed something wider than 50mm on FF so....

sigma 24-35 F2 DG HSM Art lens, from classifieds on here.

Told the wife no more.....

For those odd occasions that I need that extra reach, a Canon EF extender 2x II

Rather splendid price - tried the 2x III - and failed to see any appreciable difference between the two, so avoided spending 3x as much.

One Nikon CL0913 to house my Canon EF Extender 25 & 12.

No doubt this will cause discomfort for some Canon & Nikon owners elsewhere :cool:

Im sure my photography will be better from another pack of toilet rolls

Bargainous Canon EOS-1 HS, with a 'faulty' (only works in AF) 50mm f1.4 lens, which was also very cheap. Why? Well, someone on here was banging on about the EOS so I thought I'd better see what the fuss was about. Plus I had a Canon camera strap lying around that someone gave me, so thought I'd better buy a Canon camera to put on it. :ROFLMAO: I'm still a Nikonite though...

Bargainous Canon EOS-1 HS, with a 'faulty' (only works in AF) 50mm f1.4 lens, which was also very cheap. Why? Well, someone on here was banging on about the EOS so I thought I'd better see what the fuss was about. Plus I had a Canon camera strap lying around that someone gave me, so thought I'd better buy a Canon camera to put on it. :ROFLMAO: I'm still a Nikonite though...
That is a serious GAS condition right there.... a Nikon owner buying a Canon film camera because of a spare strap! :exit:

That is a serious GAS condition right there.... a Nikon owner buying a Canon film camera because of a spare strap! :exit:

:LOL: Well, it was just lying around not doing anything...

Now, I know some Olympus owners have been buying stuff so I just thought i would give this thread a bump and see who steps up to the confessional.

Last Olympus device I bought was a mju-II... But I'm here to confess buying a LowePro Flipside 500AW off the eBlag tat bazaar.

Sold as used, think someone must have put their camera in it once since all the tags were attached. Soz anyone here that bid on it.

Happily I won't need to buy anything else to fill it because the overflow from the Flipside 400AW and the content of it I have has fitted neatly in the 500AW.

Keeping the 400AW for travelling light(er)

Not really an acquisition per se - rather a rediscovery of my original digital body... Canon EOS 10D, complete with BG-ED3 battery grip. Plugged the battery charger in on my bench 110V supply, apparently all good - moved it to the 230V supply and there was an almighty bang as the electrolytic capacitors within let go (clearly they've degraded in the last 18 or so years :runaway:)

Planning to use it for an experiment so I've ordered a battery & charger.

I was seriously considering buying a Hasselblad medium format digital setup - with my vision of some superb portraits etc. but looking into the whole thing seemed like a very expensive and unnecessary venture. Especially considering I was looking at H3’s etc. whose image quality from what I’ve seen is similar / no better than a top end dslr.

So instead .... did a deal on a Nikon 200 f/2 ! Oops

I found a new Panny GX9 with 12-60mm for £599 so that arrived last Thursday. Then I found a new Olympus 25mm f1.8 for £199 so that'll be here on Wednesday. There are some good µ43 offers around at the moment.

I bought dividers for a Peli case with foam that I bought when we were caught in Canada many years ago as a result of a terrorist induced ban on photographic equipment being allowed in the cabin. My Olympus kit fits in there nicely now after much fiddling with the dividers.... although just realised batteries and chargers are not in there but that's no drama.

Yes, I've just bought a used Sony A6000 just for macro as I'd like to keep the longer lens permanently on my A9.
Which has meant that I've also bought a Benro GD3WH head as my existing ball head has just a little too much droop for very close macro.
Oh, and a table top mini tripod :LOL:

I've been happy with my kit for the last couple of years but i have an event later in the year where i need to shoot kitesurfers & windsurfers.
Generally i don't shoot over 200mm, i drid try the 2xTC on my 200 f/2 but it wasnt long enough & turned a good lens into a meh lens!
So without wanting to get my feet wet i'm kinda lusting after a Sigma 60-600mm Sports zoom :whistle:

Also i'm feeling pulled by a Ricoh GR as a pocketable trinket :naughty:

Trying quite hard to ignore my want (not a need, purely a want!) for an 80mm macro for my Fujis. Not a huge user of primes but a relatively (within the past 6 months or so) recent addition of a 4th body means that I have one spare to swap lenses on. Could equally be tempted by the Laowa (?) equivalent but I would prefer to keep AF if possible, especially since the body it would go on is an X-Pro with no dioptre adjustment and I swap between contact lenses and glasses so need it! (DA)

Trying quite hard to ignore my want (not a need, purely a want!) for an 80mm macro for my Fujis. Not a huge user of primes but a relatively (within the past 6 months or so) recent addition of a 4th body means that I have one spare to swap lenses on. Could equally be tempted by the Laowa (?) equivalent but I would prefer to keep AF if possible, especially since the body it would go on is an X-Pro with no dioptre adjustment and I swap between contact lenses and glasses so need it! (DA)

The Laowa macro lenses are excellent optically, if you can get passed having no AF. The 65mm version for Fuji mount is also a dinky little thing. If you only used it for macro and portraiture say, AF is a non issue really. It's worth it for the incredible output - no CA, practically zero distortion, sharp as you'd ever need at 2.8. It's also half the cost of the 80mm leaving you plenty over to look at other lenses/gear

After buying a macro lens last week I’m now looking at all the various flash set ups to really get the best out of it.

Damn you Nikon R1C1 why are you so expensive, however if a jobs worth’s doing it’s worth overdoing.

The Laowa macro lenses are excellent optically, if you can get passed having no AF. The 65mm version for Fuji mount is also a dinky little thing. If you only used it for macro and portraiture say, AF is a non issue really. It's worth it for the incredible output - no CA, practically zero distortion, sharp as you'd ever need at 2.8. It's also half the cost of the 80mm leaving you plenty over to look at other lenses/gear

Thanks for that, Keith. The problem is that I sometimes can't see the screen or E/OVF properly on the X-Pro1. I've usually got a pair of reading glasses with me but not always! I know that AF isn't ideal for Macro but it's better than guessing. I'll do more thinking and looking "after"...

Thanks for that, Keith. The problem is that I sometimes can't see the screen or E/OVF properly on the X-Pro1. I've usually got a pair of reading glasses with me but not always! I know that AF isn't ideal for Macro but it's better than guessing. I'll do more thinking and looking "after"...

In that case AF will be a big benefit. I'm never against AF for macro, it's just not near as reliable once you pass a certain reproduction ratio. For me, it's past the 1:2 mark, from there on in I find MF much, much more reliable. I use zoom/magnify focus on the H1, no peaking or any distractions - I'm lucky enough to have 20/20 vision on top though. I would love to try the 80mm, but it's just out of reach by a long ways for me right now, some day maybe. If you've got the funds, treat yourself!

Reactions: Nod
What I buy I tend to use but I do have more than my fair share of cameras here and just ordered a Chroma to replace my current 4x5.
Most recent additions to my camera cupboard Fuji GSW690 and EOS 1N

I've been happy with my kit for the last couple of years but i have an event later in the year where i need to shoot kitesurfers & windsurfers.
Generally i don't shoot over 200mm, i drid try the 2xTC on my 200 f/2 but it wasnt long enough & turned a good lens into a meh lens!
So without wanting to get my feet wet i'm kinda lusting after a Sigma 60-600mm Sports zoom :whistle:

Also i'm feeling pulled by a Ricoh GR as a pocketable trinket :naughty:

I am not sure which camera make you are using. For kites surfers and windsurfers, I have used my Canon 100-400 mk 2. Cracking lens. I haven't tried one of those longer zooms though. I think the weight would put me off - although I haven't checked what that is.

Back