The Official Fuji X Pro 1 Thread

Just dusted off my X-Pro1 to use again - it's the one camera I have I'd rescue in a house fire!

Absolutely love that camera despite its foibles :)

Just dusted off my X-Pro1 to use again - it's the one camera I have I'd rescue in a house fire!

Absolutely love that camera despite its foibles :)
I agree, foibles is a great word as well lol

Why am I more excited about getting a 35/1.4 R than I was getting my Canon 35L mk2....

I think it may be to do with how retro cool it'll look on my X-Pro 1 with that square metal hood.

Definitely foibles, I quite like the X-Pro2, but it's a lot like the X-Pro1 without foibles and foibles are good :D
It's a great lens, it produces lovely images, if you can put up with its slow focus and the whirring clicky clattering noise it makes. Unfortunately I couldn't and to be honest 35mm on an crop,sensor isn't a focal length I'm fond of.

It's a great lens, it produces lovely images, if you can put up with its slow focus and the whirring clicky clattering noise it makes. Unfortunately I couldn't and to be honest 35mm on an crop,sensor isn't a focal length I'm fond of.

I also have the 23 and 35 WR 2.0 lenses, I just like the metal hood...and 50mm focal length on street works quite well. 35mm is my prefer go to focal length but the 23mm R and WR looks like arse and I find the WR lenses too small, there's nothing to hold on to with my left hand.

Last edited:
Why am I more excited about getting a 35/1.4 R than I was getting my Canon 35L mk2....

I think it may be to do with how retro cool it'll look on my X-Pro 1 with that square metal hood.

It's a great lens, I like the whirring and crunching of the AF and even more the photographs it's capable of making. I rarely shoot mine above f2.8 such is my love for the look wide open or close to it produces :D

It's a great lens, I like the whirring and crunching of the AF and even more the photographs it's capable of making. I rarely shoot mine above f2.8 such is my love for the look wide open or close to it produces :D

I had it for a day and I like it, just been on my mind for ages and I thought I buy it and get it over with. It will sell for roughly the same I paid anyway so risk is low.

I might leave it permanently on the X-Pro 1 though as they seem to be made for each other, design wise. It reminds me of old Leica cameras.

I had it for a day and I like it, just been on my mind for ages and I thought I buy it and get it over with. It will sell for roughly the same I paid anyway so risk is low.

I might leave it permanently on the X-Pro 1 though as they seem to be made for each other, design wise. It reminds me of old Leica cameras.

It seems a bit marmite for some. Personally I love it, I think it's Fuji's best lens. Then again, I love the old 18mm f2 and that creaks and groans even more :D

It seems a bit marmite for some. Personally I love it, I think it's Fuji's best lens. Then again, I love the old 18mm f2 and that creaks and groans even more :D

I read that although it's not the sharpest lens but any softness has a nice pleasing look to it.

We'll see.

I have been absent from this forum for quite a while simply because I had forgotten that I had joined!!

Too be honest I spend most of my free time on HifiWigwam on their photography forum.

But somehow/somewhere today the name talkphotography cropped up & I sort of recognised it, hence me being here, again!!

Anyhow to why I'm here in this section of the forum.

I have had an XPro1, second hand mind, for over three years now & it has to be the best camera that I have had.

I like street/candid photography & whenever I am out & about the XPro1/35mm f/1.4 lens attached is with me.

I have had it set on RAW but find that the JPEG images are more than good enough for me.

Feel free to have a look at some of them on my Flickr account, just look on Flickr for...........................Mick Batey....................aka Willie Garvin

It's nice to be back here.

Cheers,

willie g

Last edited:
X-Pro 1 with my new 35/1.4

xuVSUtv.jpg

+1 X-Pro 1 and 35/1.4 are a match made in heaven. Then 14/2.8 if I really have to separate the two

Spent yesterday walking the Purbecks with my X-Pro1/10-24 and my X100F. I tried using a Polarizer filter on both cameras but it rather overdid things and my success rate was poor. Still, I've learned a lesson so mustn't grumble. Here is one taken with the X-Pro1 from just above Kimmeridge with the Clavell Tower in the distance - the conditions were very hazy - a lovely walk though:)

Purbecks%201024px_zps9hzryf5r.jpg

My X-Pro1 has long since been replaced by my X-Pro2

I was going through my archives recently and found a few X-Pro1 RAFs I'd never got round to editing

I miss that hard to define, slightly more ""organic"" looking X-Trans I sensor look... it may not have the acuity or DR of the later cameras, but it just makes a pleasing image!

Surf School by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Beach Scooter by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Just love those colours.

Yes, the 10-24 and X-Pro1 is a great combo - but I still don't like carting it around when I'm out walking - that is why I've acquired an XF18mm which hopefully will provide me with a lighter solution albeit at the expense of IQ and reach - I'll give it a try anyway.

Sometimes I wish I had 2x 35mm f/1.4 for my Fujis. It's usually on my XT-1, but as I prefer that for manual focus shooting than the pro1, I switch them over a lot. The 35 sits on the Xpro1 when I'm MF shooting with the T1. I love the lens, it's the best 35 I've owned along with maybe the Sigma 35 1.4 'Art' - which I used on my old D800E - a perfect match. This fuji 35 1.4 is every bit as sharp IMHO, and I think I prefer it's rendering. It shoots beautifully on both cameras, it is a lot faster to lock on with the XT-1, but using either set up I have never been irritated or put off by any hunting or noise that you hear people over dramatize about.

I have considered the 18mm F2 for the pro 1 as a more perma fixture, but I heard they plan to release a MKII version so holding out a bit.

Last edited:
Another couple of shots from my walkabout in Blewbury yesterday...with the X-Pro1 and XF18mm.

Anyone for Croquet???
Croquet_zpsecjfnm2c.jpg

Herbaceous border
Herbaceous%20Border_1024px_zps0hsotnh7.jpg

How the other 'arf live ehhh :)

Last edited:
Was in manchester trafford centre yesterday and John Lewis got a X Pro 1 with original package for £250 that comes with 2 year warranty. Just want to mention this if anyone is interest and is in manchester.

Was in manchester trafford centre yesterday and John Lewis got a X Pro 1 with original package for £250 that comes with 2 year warranty. Just want to mention this if anyone is interest and is in manchester.
An absolute bargain - don't forget to upgrade the firmware if necessary. Where else can you get such quality for 250 quid??

Yesterday was sat on the sofa working my way through the x-pro1 manual (I do this every so often in the hope that one day all the little intricacies will stick) and the daughter-in-law's dog was sat watching. Must admit I'd love a 2 one day, but I suspect it'll never happen, but meanwhile I do still enjoy the results the 1 gives me.

35412525841_0ab80be179_z.jpg

An absolute bargain - don't forget to upgrade the firmware if necessary. Where else can you get such quality for 250 quid??

Yeah, I already bought a XE2s from the fuji refurbish store a few weeks ago as a second fuji camera. If i haven't I probably bought this one instead.

Yesterday was sat on the sofa working my way through the x-pro1 manual (I do this every so often in the hope that one day all the little intricacies will stick) and the daughter-in-law's dog was sat watching. Must admit I'd love a 2 one day, but I suspect it'll never happen, but meanwhile I do still enjoy the results the 1 gives me.

35412525841_0ab80be179_z.jpg
There's nothing wrong with that - lovely

I am finding the colour profit to the X-T1 slightly different...have to change my processing to suit.

JQbCit1.jpg
Yes, I agree. And I still maintain there are subtle differences between the X-Pro2 and the T2 - but that discussion is for another forum!

Back