The Official TP Funnies thread ( Jokes Memes etc )

With a feline in case they needed to perform a cat scan rather than a mere lab test?

8204be76cbf8478862784e1a5f904c4fcc7a8a48_2_640x750.jpeg

Note left on the fridge:
My Dear Wife,
You will surely understand that I have certain needs that you, being 54 years old, can no longer satisfy. I am very happy with you and I value you as a good wife.
Therefore, after reading this letter, I hope that you will not wrongly interpret the fact that I will be spending the evening with my 18 year old secretary at the Comfort Inn Hotel. Please don't be upset----I shall be home before midnight.

When the man came home late that night, he found the following letter on the dining room table:

My Dear Husband,

I received your letter and thank you for your honesty about my being 54 years old. I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you are also 54 years old.
As you know, I am a math teacher at our local college. I would like to inform you that while you read this, I will be at the Hotel Fiesta with Michael, one of my students, who is also the assistant tennis coach. He is young, virile, and like your secretary, is 18 years old.
As a successful businessman who has an excellent knowledge of math, you will understand that we are in the same situation, although with one small difference - 18 goes into 54 a lot more times than 54 goes into 18.

Therefore, I will not be home until sometime tomorrow

A lawyer boarded an airplane in New Orleans with a box of frozen crabs and asked a blonde flight attendant to take care of them for him. She took the box and promised to put it in the crew's refrigerator. He advised her that he was holding her personally responsible for them staying frozen, mentioning in a very snotty manner that he was a lawyer, and proceeded to rant at her about what would happen if she let them thaw out. Needless to say, she was annoyed by his attitude and behavior.

Shortly before landing in New York, she used the intercom to announce to the entire cabin, "Would the gentleman who gave me the crabs in New Orleans, please raise your hand?"

Not one hand went up ... so she took them home and ate them.

Two lessons here:

1. Lawyers aren't as smart as they think they are.

2. Blondes aren't as dumb as most folks think

bcf614e2016320878ee3fe195e630335a6cea3ea.jpeg

3471eeefba97139beff8f43a3730722a0d51f2ee_2_346x750.jpeg

ff61698db45947cef264e7ff3156e63c42934543.jpeg

c09cf20cbe83d6451b17194276050be442afd123_2_684x750.jpeg

8456258f9161d792c9656aa130f12d7fbc903ab7.jpeg

Oxford University researchers have discovered the densest element yet known to science.
The new element, Governmentium (symbol=Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.
These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks.
Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.
A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.
Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years.
It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.
In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganisation will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.
This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration.
This hypothetical quantity is referred to as a critical morass.
When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons

d832d18db57ba03274c7d7c9d3808f8d7e7dea0b.jpeg

The first two situations are common enough that I tend to sleep through the events our sky was clear for :(
Note despite the hype, Lunar eclipses are seen about twice a year, & meteor shows of one type or another are more common still - between the two they must account for cloud cover for a fair bit of the year.

The first two situations are common enough that I tend to sleep through the events our sky was clear for :(
Note despite the hype, Lunar eclipses are seen about twice a year, & meteor shows of one type or another are more common still - between the two they must account for cloud cover for a fair bit of the year.

Know what you mean.

In over 60 years of being interested in astronomical events I have seen all the naked eye planets, various conjunctions, partial solar eclipses, lunar eclipses, sun pillars, sun dogs, star clusters and nebulae, the northern lights and three comets but, because of cloud cover, I have never seen a meteor shower!

Dave

Know what you mean.

In over 60 years of being interested in astronomical events I have seen all the naked eye planets, various conjunctions, partial solar eclipses, lunar eclipses, sun pillars, sun dogs, star clusters and nebulae, the northern lights and three comets but, because of cloud cover, I have never seen a meteor shower!

Dave
Perhaps I just expected more over the years but TBH, meteor showers are a bit meh, really. I mean, every now and again, a shooting star will go overhead but generally they are no more exciting than watching a bunch of Starlink satellites go over in a nice line. I did see one thing though, I think it was in 1972 or 73, I was stationed in Northern Ireland and the mother of all meteors lit the ground up like daylight as it went over; it was even mentioned on The Sky At Night by Patrick Moore.

Back