The TP 52 - 2024 The sign up and chat thread Week 17 Structure

Am I too late to join in?
As above, its never too late.
It doesn't matter whether you catch up, or just start from this week,
Your choice.

Are we allowed to change our entered images? Just had a rethink about my shot and did a reshoot of the same concept just a bit more refined.

Are we allowed to change our entered images? Just had a rethink about my shot and did a reshoot of the same concept just a bit more refined.
Some people do, its your challenge, do as you feel suits you :)

I think (and it's a personal opinion) that unlike something where your images are being judged, I see the 52 as less of a competition and more like a personal project. you can invite critique, but ultimately, what you do is up to you. I use the 52 to get me thinking about something to shoot each week. I will listen to any comments I get back and consider them. Sometimes I'll dismiss them as I'd already gone through a similar thought process, or if it's something like an edit comment, I'll try it myself and post the results.

To that end, I'd say if you want to change your entry for a certain week, then that's fine. But I'd also say, leave your current entry and submit the new one as a new one and state why you felt the need to reshoot/re-edit, so people can come along on the journey with you.

Last edited:
is that unlike something where your images are being judged, I see the 52 as less like a competition and more like a personal project. I use the 52 to get me thinking about something to shoot each week.
It is intended to be exactly that.

I think (and it's a personal opinion) that unlike something where your images are being judged, I see the 52 as less of a competition and more like a personal project. you can invite critique, but ultimately, what you do is up to you. I use the 52 to get me thinking about something to shoot each week. I will listen to any comments I get back and consider them. Sometimes I'll dismiss them as I'd already gone through a similar thought process, or if it's something like an edit comment, I'll try it myself and post the results.

To that end, I'd say if you want to change your entry for a certain week, then that's fine. But I'd also say, leave your current entry and submit the new one as a new one and state why you felt the need to reshoot/re-edit, so people can come along on the journey with you.
I wasn't thinking of it as a comp but aren't we only allowed to enter on per week/ theme into the main thread? I put both images into my personal one along with my thought process about the changes for the reasons you list above.

I wasn't thinking of it as a comp but aren't we only allowed to enter on per week/ theme into the main thread? I put both images into my personal one along with my thought process about the changes for the reasons you list above.
One in the main thread - ordinarily. As many as you like in your own. The main thread isn't regulated like the competitions are, so if you wanted to slip another image in to supersede a previous entry, I see no issue with that.

But I don't run anything...

but aren't we only allowed to enter on per week/ theme into the main thread?
One in the main thread as many as you like in your personal thread.
But there is nothing to stop you replacing the image in the Main thread, if you have a change of heart

She's here again. Checking on your challenge progress. Get those 'Hidden' shots in today. Don't make her angry.... etc.
i-xfR5JBT.jpg

:banana: :naughty: :banana:

Last edited:
Aaargh! I’m behind on “Hidden”. On holiday and suddenly it’s Thursday!
Will rectify later (hotel WiFi allowing!)

Week 10.
I hope this one isn't too rough on you Textures / Textured

New Technique, for March & April, this could be a bit of fun Vivid

Last edited:
Oooh! Touchy Feely Clicky Clicky!

What is "vivid" as a technique? Is it just like saturated colours?
It's very broad, take your pick :)

Dictionary definition :-

viv·id​

(vĭv′ĭd)
adj. viv·id·er, viv·id·est
Perceived as bright and distinct; brilliant: a vivid star.
a.
Having intensely bright colors:
b. Having a very high degree of saturation: .
3. Presented in clear and striking manner:

WELL SLAP ME SIDEWAYS WITH A SALMON!!!!

Here we are again on t'cusp of a new theme!!!!!

What will yon mon choose for the morrow?

Psst: Bin day snakester!

Week 11

It's time to get (something) Personal

Ooh errrr missus!

*cracksknuckles :naughty:

Hmmmm...Monday? No! WAIT...

WEDNESDAY!!!! AGAIN!!!! GADZOOKS!!!!

Gerrum in folks!

:runaway:

Hope all is well in Snakeville! :popcorn: