The TP 52 - 2024 The sign up and chat thread Week 17 Structure

Still no news. So after consulting with Lindsay - the only other Admin involved withthe 52 Challenge - I'll be chosing this week's theme.

I can't, however, amend the thread titles. I'll ask him to do it.

From the themes list I have chosen Shadows & Silhouettes. And will add one I took last week so that I can ammend my title and hopfully folk will see it and get the idea!

Last edited:
Still no news. So after consulting with Lindsay - the only oither Admin involved withthe 52 Challenge - I'll be chosing this week's theme.

I can't, however, amend the thread titles. I'll ask him to do it.

From the themes list I have chosen Shadows & Silhouettes. And will add one I took last week so that I can ammend my title and hopfully folk will see it and get the idea!
Thanks Dave - good work!

I've updated the thread titlesin line with Dave's suggestion - thanks @-Oy- Dave - and am calling Chris imminently as no reply to my text. I'll post when I know more

We’ve not been able to make contact with ole snakey yet, so in the absence of himself, I’ll do my best to stand in each Thursday with themes and thread management.
Obviously in the void of no news, everyone wil be thinking their own thoughts, so suffice to say that we admins and mods are trying all avenues to get info and will share it when we have any. Meantime we will do our best to keep everything running in a way Chris would find acceptable.
Thanks for your good wishes on his behalf.

We’ve not been able to make contact with ole snakey yet, so in the absence of himself, I’ll do my best to stand in each Thursday with themes and thread management.
Obviously in the void of no news, everyone wil be thinking their own thoughts, so suffice to say that we admins and mods are trying all avenues to get info and will share it when we have any. Meantime we will do our best to keep everything running in a way Chris would find acceptable.

Thank you Lindsay.

My thoughts and wishes to Chris.

Hope he is okay.

Thanks for the update Lindsay. Hoping Chris is okay!

Still no news then? Weird.

Still no news about our pal @Cobra so I think @lindsay will be choosing tomorrow's theme.

Sorry I'm late with this folks - the removers delivered all our stuff into the new house yesterday which took most of the day, I have no broadband yet so am tethered to my phone that has 1 bar of 4G connection at present...
So as a fitting theme related to my current predicament, surrounded by boxes and furniture in the wrong rooms, etc, a scene of utter chaos...the theme is Unkempt

Yay Selfie Week :banana: :naughty::banana:

Moving house - exciting! How quickly has broadband become an essential item like electricity and water.

Sorry I'm late with this folks - the removers delivered all our stuff into the new house yesterday which took most of the day, I have no broadband yet so am tethered to my phone that has 1 bar of 4G connection at present...
So as a fitting theme related to my current predicament, surrounded by boxes and furniture in the wrong rooms, etc, a scene of utter chaos...the theme is Unkempt
Good luck with unpacking, etc., etc.

Moving house - exciting! How quickly has broadband become an essential item like electricity and water.
If I wanted to move house, the first thing I would check is the broadband availability and speed (while assuming that electricity and water were already available).

I know there's a dedicated thread, but I'm so sad to hear about @Cobra - I've a genuine sense of loss having simply become used to reading his messages every week, so my heartfelt condolences go out to those of you who knew him much better.

^^^^ That 100%

Not sure I can motivate myself to take a pic this week.

^^^^ That 100%

There is that, I'll catch up later, won't be the same without Chris, I always associated him with this Challenge just as I associate Lindsay with the DPOTY.

I think I felt the same at first and from the number of posts in the last week, we're not the only ones. It's felt strange in here.

But on reflection, Chris took time to update this forum every single week. Certainly in the years I took part I never saw him miss a single Thursday. Given his obvious dedication to it, I don't think he'd want to see the 52 to fizzle out regardless of the circumstances. So I'll be posting my photos this week and commenting on everyone else's and given that 2024 is Cobra's last 52, I'll make sure I finish it.

I think I felt the same at first and from the number of posts in the last week, we're not the only ones. It's felt strange in here.

But on reflection, Chris took time to update this forum every single week. Certainly in the years I took part I never saw him miss a single Thursday. Given his obvious dedication to it, I don't think he'd want to see the 52 to fizzle out regardless of the circumstances. So I'll be posting my photos this week and commenting on everyone else's and given that 2024 is Cobra's last 52, I'll make sure I finish it.

Yeah I'm coming round to that view - thanks for saying so :)

I haven't been an active member here for very long and haven't been active on the other sections of the forum outside of the 52 although I read a lot of it. I didn't interact with Chris often but I always admired his punctuality and imagination when announcing the new themes and techniques, along with keeping the 52 going. I always enjoyed reading the banter between members and Chris, especially the bin day reminders from -Oy-! I certainly can't speak for him but like nickbee says I'm sure he wouldn't want to see the 52 end due to his passing.

I intend to keep posting my pictures and ensure I comment on everyone else's pictures too, I'm sure that is what he would have wanted.

My thoughts are with his family and everyone that knew him.

I fear the 52 is in danger of ending. I really hope it continues.
This post is not meant to be a criticism but I am not sure what to do on a Thursday afternoons now.
I am certain cobra would want it to continue.

Reactions: nog
This post is not meant to be a criticism but I am not sure what to do on a Thursday afternoons now.
Just yesterday I looked at Cobra's first post on page 1

"Welcome (back), my friends
to the show that never ends."

It would be a shame for the 52 to end, though it is still early days since the sad news. Perhaps one of the mods will take over or ask another member to help with the 52.

Just yesterday I looked at Cobra's first post on page 1

"Welcome (back), my friends
to the show that never ends."

It would be a shame for the 52 to end, though it is still early days since the sad news. Perhaps one of the mods will take over or ask another member to help with the 52.
Behind the scenes things are being organised. We won't let the 52 wither as Chris would not have wanted that.
I expect that @lindsay has other things to do that have prevented the theme from being posted today.

Indeed, sorry folks, I'm wrestling with Openreach/Sky to get broadband installed, so trying to get by with a tethered iPhone for all my internet needs. Sometimes I am gobsmacked by the standards of customer service we experience from some companies (Openreach)...which leads me to one of the late esteemed Cobra's favourite subjects as mentioned by someone else - the GobShot ...that is the theme this week, in honour of ole SnakeEyes.

Thank you Lindsay.
I think we all need to do our bit to ensure the 52 continues (posting photos, commenting, maintaining the friendly atmosphere etc).
It has in fact dwindled a bit from the number of starters to the ones who are more or less keeping up. I guess that's what normally happens anyway. I for one intend to keep going with the themes. I also try to ensure that I comment on practically everything that people post. In the end, we all want that little bit of approval, advice, suggestions and the like. So please everyone, get your Gobshots posted 'cos I am already rattling my brain on this one!!

Hope he's okay.

I'm way behind, so much life stuff has gotten in the way, my son's medication is causing major issues so it's a full-time job looking after him.

For those unsure, (@Adamcski ), do a search for "Gobshot" on the site - you will mostly come up with Chris' photos of animals or his comments on those of other people. Essentially, it's a photo of someone/something with a wide open mouth! It just seemed appropriate as it was his particular thing!

Back