The TP 52 - 2024 The sign up and chat thread Week 17 Structure

Bring on the Gobshots :banana: :naughty: :banana:

Dismal indeed, these unkempt shots aren't pretty are they?!

For those unsure, (@Adamcski ), do a search for "Gobshot" on the site - you will mostly come up with Chris' photos of animals or his comments on those of other people. Essentially, it's a photo of someone/something with a wide open mouth! It just seemed appropriate as it was his particular thing!
Glad you explained ! Thanks. Head scratching……..

Ah that’s a great theme, I think I have two choices for this one. Wait until the cats yawn or wait until the wife falls asleep!

For those unsure, (@Adamcski ), do a search for "Gobshot" on the site - you will mostly come up with Chris' photos of animals or his comments on those of other people. Essentially, it's a photo of someone/something with a wide open mouth! It just seemed appropriate as it was his particular thing!
Ah okay, so something yawning for example.

Never heard the expression gobshot...learn something new everyday

This is the first time in almost three years of 52's that I will probably have to pass. Don't have a pet any more, but will keep my eyes open for an opportunity. No prior shots either looking back through 20 years of my archives. eh oh!

This is the first time in almost three years of 52's that I will probably have to pass. Don't have a pet any more, but will keep my eyes open for an opportunity. No prior shots either looking back through 20 years of my archives. eh oh!
Lots of things have mouths #justsayin

That's no excuse, plenty of lovely mutts out in your neck of the woods around 7-8am ;)

Lots of things have mouths #justsayin
Absolutely. Shoehorning for Gob Shot is de-rigor.
Think laterally.

Hi All, sorry I've been missing for a while. Just to let you know that I haven't given up on the 52. I came down with a seriously bad cold a couple of weeks back that morphed into a bad case of sinusitis so I've hardly left the houseand photography has gone right off the radar. I will be back shortly and do a catch-up.

Hi All, sorry I've been missing for a while. Just to let you know that I haven't given up on the 52. I came down with a seriously bad cold a couple of weeks back that morphed into a bad case of sinusitis so I've hardly left the houseand photography has gone right off the radar. I will be back shortly and do a catch-up.
Hope you’re on the mend Helen!

Get well soon Helen!

Get well soon! Plenty of time to catch up.

Best wishes Helen, hope you're back on your feet soon and look forward to seeing more of your work on here.

You all know what's next in the 52.....Snappers Choice...yay!

I can only appologise for my gob shot submission. The only excuse is I ran out of time and couldn't get the cat to yawn.

I can only appologise for my gob shot submission. The only excuse is I ran out of time and couldn't get the cat to yawn.
Only if you are being strict on the taking of the pic... :)
I tried that on the first year, taking the pic with the theme within the week. Very difficult

I tried that on the first year, taking the pic with the theme within the week. Very difficult

That's what I consider the challenge of the erm.. challenge. I understand that not everyone can - but I can. Work never got in the way as work was photography. I think I've not done it just a handful of times in the 7 years I've been here. As our late illustrious reptilian leader was fond of saying, It's your challenge - do it your way! :D

Last edited:
That's my aim to stay on track. Otherwise I may never catch up.

The problem seems to be that between Monday and Thursday only 30 minutes pass.

With the demise of Cobra, I'm having a little difficulty raising my interest in the challenge for the moment. I didn't know him personally but, at least for now, without him here, it's just not the same. I expect it'll sort itself out in a couple of weeks and then I'll be back again. As they say, if you want things to stay the same, something is going to have to change.

With the demise of Cobra, I'm having a little difficulty raising my interest in the challenge for the moment. I didn't know him personally but, at least for now, without him here, it's just not the same. I expect it'll sort itself out in a couple of weeks and then I'll be back again. As they say, if you want things to stay the same, something is going to have to change.
I feel it too :(

Yup, me three

Me four...

And to add to that, I had to have one of my dogs put to sleep this morning so all told, my photography has taken a bit of a hit recently.

However, tomorrow is another day when, I'm told, it may stop raining for a few minutes, so there's a plus :cool:

And to add to that, I had to have one of my dogs put to sleep this morning so all told, my photography has taken a bit of a hit recently.

However, tomorrow is another day when, I'm told, it may stop raining for a few minutes, so there's a plus :cool:

@ShinySideUp I didn't know Cobra either but it certainly doesn't seem the same without him.
So sorry to hear about your dog... they are a constant by your side so it's a really tough one when they're gone.

So sorry to hear about your dog Martin @ShinySideUp . It's a painful and difficult experience you've had.
We are all missing snakey too, so it's maybe hard to maintain enthusiasm, life somehow feels a bit more Empty without him...

i-JPpL9tL.jpg

It seems to come around every week...wouldn't it be nice to be less predictable...pondering...

Last week of the Vivid technique folks - for anyone who hasn't already done it

...the thing with predictability is that it brings Structure to our lives....

there's a wide-open one to get you thinking and clicking!

In that London for 4 days - Structure won’t be a problem :banana:

Back