The TP 52 - 2024 The sign up and chat thread Week 17 Structure

May I just say - thanks to all who have Kermitted to the challenge :banana: :naughty: :banana:

i-t2x5KTq.jpg

Well that was week 1 - and a fine number of photos posted. If you haven’t yet then get them in today, for tomorrow we start week 2 - YUSS!

Is it too late to sign up? I haven't done one before but it would be good to have a prod every week to at least take one photo.

I have taken some photos this morning that should qualify even if they aren't very exciting but I won't be able to post them until later today.

Is it too late to sign up?
Not at all, although I suggest you have a read through THIS first, if you haven't already.

And Tim @LC2 will be along shortly to add you to the spreadsheet.

Is it too late to sign up? I haven't done one before but it would be good to have a prod every week to at least take one photo.

I have taken some photos this morning that should qualify even if they aren't very exciting but I won't be able to post them until later today.

Not at all, although I suggest you have a read through THIS first, if you haven't already.

And Tim @LC2 will be along shortly to add you to the spreadsheet.
Duly added. Hotel California Rule now apply.

Ok, first entry posted. I read the guide, looked at what other people have done and hopefully I followed procedure reasonably closely.

Well done to everyone that survived week 1
Although I couldn't have made it any easier if I had taken the image for you ;)

Week 2 Shouldn't be that Hard either.

Well done to everyone that survived week 1
Although I couldn't have made it any easier if I had taken the image for you ;)

Week 2 Shouldn't be that Hard either.
34 posts out of 42 sign ups.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a further 3 weeks one posts.

Also. Polite reminder to @LongLensPhotography that they need to create their personal thread and post the image in there, along with the link from the main thread. This is all documented in the guides and how-tos. If you're having trouble with it, please shout and one of the regulars or Chris will be able to assist.

Last edited:
Oooooh - I like hard ones me :) (Oi! Stop it!)

:banana: :naughty: :banana:

Will need to get creative with the light and positioning so it can be SooC though.
Not all images will need to be SooC.
The idea is one submission for the next 2 months should be SooC.

Actually have an idea for this week's.

I'm really struggling with this one this week. Thought I had an idea, but someone else has done something very similar already. I need a massage of my brain's right side.

I'm really struggling with this one this week. Thought I had an idea, but someone else has done something very similar already. I need a massage of my brain's right side.
You will find some people will have similar ideas. It's no problem

that was my initial idea too!

My original idea was a sledge hammer but saw my bike hanging on the wall and changed my mind.
It's definitely annoying when you have an idea and others get their versions up first.

It's definitely annoying when you have an idea and others get their versions up first.
Sometimes you just have to think outside the box ( AKA shoehorn :D )

Sometimes you just have to think outside the box ( AKA shoehorn :D )
Shoe horn, would work for hard. When it's hard to put your shoes on.

I struggled a bit with this one. The first few ideas I had I realised would fit other potential themes better so I decided to save them. My next idea was posted by someone else before I managed to do it.

What width does the forum display images at? Mine is looking softer on the threads than it does in my gallery. I resized it before uploading but I think it is slightly too big to fit on the thread display so the forum is squeezing it in and hence the softness.

I struggled a bit with this one. The first few ideas I had I realised would fit other potential themes better so I decided to save them. My next idea was posted by someone else before I managed to do it.

What width does the forum display images at? Mine is looking softer on the threads than it does in my gallery. I resized it before uploading but I think it is slightly too big to fit on the thread display so the forum is squeezing it in and hence the softness.
1024 longest side. 500kb max. If you are using Affinity let me know as I had issues with it now resolved

The first few ideas I had I realised would fit other potential themes better so I decided to save them.
The idea is you take (at least) one image per week on theme ;)
FYI there are far more than 52 themes.

I resized it before uploading but I think it is slightly too big to fit on the thread display so the forum is squeezing it in and hence the softness.
Its actually better if you upload at no more that 800px, they don't tend to get squeezed,
where sometimes, depending on the kb's and 1024px they may.

Last edited:
Too late to join? I need a challenge and to be accountable for using my camera!
As Dave said
It's never too late.
Tim @LC2 will add you to the scrolls next time he's passing.
For now, if you haven't read this, already, it should answer all your questions.

Too late to join? I need a challenge and to be accountable for using my camera!

As Dave said
It's never too late.
Tim @LC2 will add you to the scrolls next time he's passing.
For now, if you haven't read this, already, it should answer all your questions.

'tis done. j07cmt now added to scrolls.

i-pRBvHqF.jpg

Well well it’s come flying round again! THEME EVE!!!!!!!

Get those hard things up today folks!

Come on Snakey hit us with a toughie :banana: :naughty: :banana:

Welcome to week 3

Those of you that are old hands at this may well have predicted this weeks theme,
Yes I know I'm going Soft :D

Back