The Talk Photography Fantasy Football League 2018/19

I'm using the free transfer for the week thingy, had 3 injuries

All change at the top again this week. Pink Chicken AFC joined the league with a bang but Toronto Toffees will see it as normal service resumed. ;) It is close at the top though. :)

The average points this week was 47, to give you an idea how your team did overall. I just about got above the average with 49. :)

upload_2018-9-18_22-47-40.jpeg

The Head2Head league was good for me again this week, and the unbeaten run continues. :D I may come a cropper though next week as I come up against the leaders of the normal TP league, the Toronto Toffees who are only 3 points behind me here. :eek: :LOL: In a lot of the match ups this week the winning team got almost double the points of their opponent. :eek: I can't see there being such big differences in the scores this week. ;) Bon chance everyone. :)

upload_2018-9-18_23-0-7.jpeg

And the standings so far. :)

upload_2018-9-18_23-0-53.jpeg

Here are the scores and standings after Gameweek 6. Pink Chicken AFC jump back into top spot after a poor week for the Toronto Toffees. Maybe time to change those EFC players. ;) Woodys wonders FC stay consistent in 2nd place. The average for the week was 52, so see where you were in relation to that. I just about got above that and stayed in 6th place, though I was up to 5th after Saturdays games. :rolleyes: Amber Army had the most points for the week with 67 and jumped up a place. :clap:

upload_2018-9-24_18-54-22.jpeg

Thankfully not as close a Head2Head for me this week, and the winning streak continues. :D I'm enjoying it while I can. :LOL:
Could be a lot closer next week as I take on 11 Men in Plight, who if I would have been up against this week would have beaten me. The streak may end. :( ;)

upload_2018-9-24_19-5-34.jpeg

The Gameweek 6 table.
upload_2018-9-24_19-8-39.jpeg

I've got the feeling this week will be low as I've got 5 players in the Liverpool vs Chelsea game, so I've decided to use my bench boost.

I've got the feeling this week will be low as I've got 5 players in the Liverpool vs Chelsea game, so I've decided to use my bench boost.
I only have Hazard, but Salah, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson. I was going to leave them both the full backs out but then thought, what the heck, they are as likely to assist as to concede, and that is if Chel$ki score, which they didn't look like doing this week. Famous last words. :eek: ;)

Looking again, it's only 4 I have.
Robertson and Salah for Liverpool, Alonso and Jorginho for them. So hoping for an easy 2-0 tbh.

Banished to Riyadh don’t seem to be doing so well this year. I’m going to adopt the Mourinho style of management and blame the players.

On a more positive note, Bournemouth are right up there [emoji2]

Pink Chicken AFC retain the top spot, :clap: but with Toronto Toffees moving into 2nd place. :) It is quite close at the top though. Sicknote XI got the most points with 88, in a week where the average was 51. I just about beat the average with 54, and in doing so dropped a place to 7th. :rolleyes: :( :LOL:

upload_2018-10-3_22-47-0.jpeg

I had my first defeat in the Head2Head this week. And it wasn't even close with a 20 point difference between me and 11 Men in Plight. :eek: :LOL: The closest contest was between Banished to Riyadh and the Amber Army, with only a 4 point difference giving Banished to Riyadh the victory. Marc's Marauders for me next week, who if I would have been up against this wee, I would have won by one point. :eek: Whatever the result next week I hope it is not so close, as I wouldn't like to lose by as close a result. :rolleyes: Nice to win by one point, but I would rather no one loses by that close a score. :LOL:

upload_2018-10-3_22-58-49.jpeg

The Gameweek 7 table.
upload_2018-10-3_23-6-39.jpeg

I'm not going to be top for long, i've taken - 4 points to do an extra transfer this week.
Also I used my bench boost this week (for a total of 5 points:eek: )

I made 4 transfer last week that cost me 12pts, still wouldn't have changed my position. Hopefully it'll come good in the long run

Pink Chicken AFC extend their lead in first place with both Toronto Toffees and Woodys wonders FC having a below average (50) for this gameweek with 39 and 42 points respectively compared to 53 by the leaders. Banished to Riyadh jump 4 places into 4th with 71 points. :clap: But the most points of the week was by The Cagey Ones with 79 points, :eek: :clap: but only enough to move up one place, 10th > 9th.

I think Hazard was the chap to have this week, and maybe overall at the moment too as he seems the form player. Thankfully I had him Captain for 28 points, and total of 63 for the week. And that got me up 2 places to 5th. :) I bottled out of using Alexander-Arnold and Robertson expecting Liverpool to let a few in, :rolleyes: but Cook got me the same points I would have got for Robertson, and Alexander-Arnold didn't play so it worked out OK. :)

upload_2018-10-8_22-59-45.jpeg

Thankfully back to winning for me this week. :) Just a 3 point lead at the top though with Banished to Riyadh in 2nd place. And guess who I play in the next gameweek. :eek: :rolleyes: :LOL: A draw seems very unlikely, so there may be a new leader next time out.

upload_2018-10-8_23-11-35.jpeg

The Gameweek 8 table.
upload_2018-10-8_23-12-28.jpeg

I needed that, as I had a terrible round last week, so just back where I was really - made a handful of transfer last week and they didn't really do much - marathon not a sprint and all that :D

I set Kane as my captain this week instead of Hazard, bad move that was. I also bottled using any Liverpool players, so dropped 5 or 6 points from that.

Overall not a bad week though, better than I expected.

Good. :)

You have the chance to draw level with your next opponent, Woodys wonders FC, if you can be bothered to look at your team. ;) :LOL:

I'm going to use my wildcard for the next game week*

*but I've been saying that for 4 weeks! :D

I set Kane as my captain this week instead of Hazard, bad move that was. I also bottled using any Liverpool players, so dropped 5 or 6 points from that.

Overall not a bad week though, better than I expected.

Similar for me. I captained Aguero who was carded so a fat two points from him, and I put a Liverpool and Man City defender on the bench - never dreaming it would be 0-0 - so that was 11 points wasted :banghead:

You probably already know this already, but wait till after the Internationals to make any changes as players have a tendency to get injured while away with their national teams. :( :rolleyes:

Although not necessarily if you are playing your wildcard as some players like Hazard may go up in price so could save you a little bit of money if you get them now and you can always change any players injured before the start of the games without any problem. If you aren't using a wildcard then I would wait.

Although not necessarily if you are playing your wildcard as some players like Hazard may go up in price so could save you a little bit of money if you get them now and you can always change any players injured before the start of the games without any problem. If you aren't using a wildcard then I would wait.
That's the dilemma, buy before price rises, if they do, or wait till they come back from the internationals injury free. ;)

Imho, the best time to buy is after the games finish on the Sat/Sun/Mon before the totals are totted up for the gameweek, as that is when they will recalculate players values. I normally get a bit influenced by Match of the Day. :rolleyes: Not sure if the do it every night over the weekend though. :thinking: Once things have been calculated for that gameweek, I don't think there will be any changes between now and the next games value wise, so waiting to to see about injuries is probably a good choice. ;)

That's the dilemma, buy before price rises, if they do, or wait till they come back from the internationals injury free

It is normally, but if you play your wildcard I think you can make as many transfers as you like in that gameweek so could transfer them in early to get the best price but then still change them before the deadline if they do come back injured from the internationals.

That's the dilemma, buy before price rises, if they do, or wait till they come back from the internationals injury free. ;)

Imho, the best time to buy is after the games finish on the Sat/Sun/Mon before the totals are totted up for the gameweek, as that is when they will recalculate players values. I normally get a bit influenced by Match of the Day. :rolleyes: Not sure if the do it every night over the weekend though. :thinking: Once things have been calculated for that gameweek, I don't think there will be any changes between now and the next games value wise, so waiting to to see about injuries is probably a good choice. ;)

I'm fairly sure that the price does change during the period between games, I think it's dependant on the transfers in/out of teams rather than the performances and points in games.

Eurgh, I dread every time I open my team now, always a red and a couple of yellows. I definitely wouldn't change anything until after the internationals

Check for injuries people, especially if you have any Liverpool players. :( :rolleyes: :LOL:

I have two questionable players with injuries, but I'll leave them in the team and let the game change them if they don't play. If anyone has some questionable players, make sure you put your subs in the order you would want them to be chosen, if you don't know that already.

I'm only making the one free transfer this time out, been losing too many points on that vs points gained last few rounds. We'll see ... we shall see munchuckas!!! :punch:(y)

Last edited:
Honestly, I think I have the power to end footballers' careers! Brought Hazard in and made him captain, got booked and ended up on just 2 points.

Honestly, I think I have the power to end footballers' careers! Brought Hazard in and made him captain, got booked and ended up on just 2 points.

Wouldn't worry, I think a lot of us have him, depends on how much you blew on him though as his cost went up. I bagged a few goals today, should be interesting to see how I did when the points come in . .. Just noticed I switched captain from Aguero to Hazard last week ... ouch! Aguero scored :/

Last edited:
Wouldn't worry, I think a lot of us have him, depends on how much you blew on him though as his cost went up. I bagged a few goals today, should be interesting to see how I did when the points come in . .. Just noticed I switched captain from Aguero to Hazard last week ... ouch! Aguero scored :/

TBH, I can't remember what he cost but I went against advice and played my wildcard before the break

He's 11.4m atm, don't think I paid that much, he's one of those you don't want to switch out though,, he could have 2 bad weeks then get a hat-trick soon as you flog him off - that would be my kind of luck

My week wasn't as juicy as I had thought, 50pts, but it seems that was the highest in the league for this week. Nobody had a good one and I did move up 2 places because of this so can't complain.

My week wasn't as juicy as I had thought, 50pts, but it seems that was the highest in the league for this week. Nobody had a good one and I did move up 2 places because of this so can't complain.

Still two matches to go in this game week. Fingers crossed for a good Everton performance today :)

Still two matches to go in this game week. Fingers crossed for a good Everton performance today :)

AH, didn't cop that, I don't have anyone in those 2 games so I'm sure I'll be passed out again. Next week's games were showing under my team so I assumed this weekend was done

Not looking like a good week for me, used the wildcard this week and debated about which out of Sterling or Aguero to put in. Ended up choosing Sterling and he didn't even play! Hopefully it will work out in the long term though.

Not looking like a good week for me, used the wildcard this week and debated about which out of Sterling or Aguero to put in. Ended up choosing Sterling and he didn't even play! Hopefully it will work out in the long term though.
If there is a choice between Aguero and Sterling it would be Aguero every day of the week. Guardiola seems to have got over leaving Aguero out as much as he did in the beginning when he arrived there. He realised he = goals. [emoji6]

Back