The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

Abstract was my worst week ever for falling behind even though I've managed a few abstract shots for the 52 this time. I've now caught up - phew! I've managed to keep up so much better this time than last, but falling behind has reminded me how it nags at you.

Please may I have a technique tick for soft focus on my leaves and soft focus technique <-- link ... next time you're updating the sheet @LC2 ?

Reactions: LC2
Thursday eve and Christmas eve eve :banana: :naughty: :banana:

As the 2020 52 draws to a close I'd like to thank everyone that took part in this very strange year (y)
And not forgetting Tim @LC2 and Alison @minx for keeping the sacred scrolls up to date :)
Here's to a better 2021, cheers everyone and a ...

Xmas-card-1.jpg

Last edited:
As for the theme, dead easy Decor
be that decorate or decorations ... just get festive (y)

Fab theme and an easy one if I can to it before the cat destroys the tree :)

Fab theme and an easy one if I can to it before the cat destroys the tree :)
A cat covered in tinsel, baubles pine needles and fake snow is totally acceptable :D

I failed again! :(

Until last week I hadn't visited TP or put anything on Flickr since May so my 52 stalled and died at week 18. Life got back to "normal" on the island quite early because they were able to close the borders, so I was really busy in the summer getting our local photography club back up and running and my online stuff stopped.

It's annoying as I really enjoy the 52 and after completing two in a row I have now failed two years running. I'm weighing up whether to give it another go but well done to all of you who have reached the end! :clap::clap: And of course Cobra, Tim and Minx for their work behind the scenes. I'll have a scan through the images thread later to see what you have been up to!

I think we'll take that as you're back in for next year then. Hotel California Rules apply.

I forgot about the Hotel California Rules :D

Thinking about it just now I've realised I have been doing photography in batches and then not picking up the camera for weeks, whereas the 52 gets me thinking about it more regularly, so I will give it another go. I'll start my thread and then there will be no going back!

Completed my 10th 52! Never did I imagine at the start I would continue year on year for so long!, including a 365 of my sons first year after being born 8 years ago on 23rd December 2012!
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has followed my projects over the years, it is really appreciated.

Honestly not sure weather to continue with next years 52, struggling health wise. S will have to see. Just so pleased to have actually finished, I really didn't think I was going to.

Hello All. I have been missing for a while. I tested positive for Corona Virus on November 3rd. It knocked me for 6 for a month then I have been struggling with the after effects. I am much better now, aside from a bit of lingering fatigue. Thankfully it didn't get to any point where I felt in any real trouble, but I am feeling pretty normal again.

Would I be able to use this week, whilst I am on Christmas break to catch up, or would that be a ballache to sort out? I'd be gutted to not finish, but I do appreciate it is pretty late in the day.

Would I be able to use this week, whilst I am on Christmas break to catch up,
I'm glad you are on the mend David (y)

No problem just post them one at a time in the "Post your images here" thread.
So Tim @LC2 doesn't miss any. And don't forget to label them week # whatever (y)

Hello All. I have been missing for a while. I tested positive for Corona Virus on November 3rd. It knocked me for 6 for a month then I have been struggling with the after effects. I am much better now, aside from a bit of lingering fatigue. Thankfully it didn't get to any point where I felt in any real trouble, but I am feeling pretty normal again.

Would I be able to use this week, whilst I am on Christmas break to catch up, or would that be a ballache to sort out? I'd be gutted to not finish, but I do appreciate it is pretty late in the day.

Sorry to hear you had the virus David, but glad your now on the road to recovery (y)

Who would have thought that during the bleak days in late March and April.
People have been very good supporting the 52 through this very strange year.

And as I always say at the end of a challenge,
This is nothing without you guys and gals, supporting it (y)
Thanks to all that did, more so in this very strange year..

Well that's me finished for 2020.
Thank you to Chris and Tim for their work this year.
Thanks to Fuji Dave for the entertainment.
Thanks to everyone for your comments.
Apologies for not commenting too much over than last couple of months.
Looking forward to 2021!
New job starts in January so it's all positive! Apart from covid tests I hope!

It's been a strange year throughout - not helped by me being very ill - and recovering well. Lots of us started and have shown the commitment to finish - could be the highest number of finishers yet? We have all shown that despite the strange circumstances we have managed to produce some cracking shots even with the constraints imposed on us.

Let's hope that this coming year will be a lot more settled for us all.

could be the highest number of finishers yet?
Tim @LC2 has the actual data, but surprisingly yes, its been a good year (y)
I'm going to leave it a few days for the last of those I expect to see cross the line before publishing the end of year stats.
But we're already hit a higher percentage of finishers compared to posts in week 1.
We're on target for matching the best year in actual numbers. If we're lucky we might beat it (there are a couple who are a few weeks behind, but I have hopes will cross it with a flourishing catch-up).

Edit: Heather (@Gritty) was one of those I was hoping would bound across the line with a catch-up and as if by magic...
So, we're on target for this year to have the highest number of finishers since records began.

Last edited:
That's great news. Thanks for all your work @LC2 @Cobra and @minx and thanks to everyone for making it such a pleasure.

I've really enjoyed this year and achieved my own goal which was to keep up! I think I was a little late a couple of times, but only by a day or two.

I'm not sure I'd have used my camera so much this year, and it's definitely been something positive to focus on (see what I did there?) other than the virus.

I'm not sure I'd have used my camera so much this year, and it's definitely been something positive to focus on (see what I did there?) other than the virus.
The problem as I see it, Bee is,
your name seems to be missing from HERE

Reactions: LC2
Back