weekly tim_uk 52 week thread pics: (speed added)

Great capture, I've tried catching squirrels a few times and its not easy. Good focus as Alan says on the face.

Letter....Just needs to be square on but a great subject for the theme.

Direction...looks a little blurry and is it a heavy crop too?

Electric...This has worked very well.

Tacky....I think my daughter would wear them :D right on theme just needs a little noise reduction.

Value...Did it win! maybe circling the name with a Biro could have added to the shot and of course a mug of tea on the paper.

Greed...Nicely captured, from your flickr I can see it's not your first you've shot. As already said it's a shame about the feeder behind him.

Hi Tim

good capture of the tree rat ...crafty little beggars aren't they ! Nice n sharp where it counts :)

Hi Tim, I'll be a grump and say the Value shot did nothing for me. It ticks the value box (in my case if I find my glasses and have a close look), but the image itself doesn't work as an image. I keep falling into the same trap myself!

Greed, OTOH, is both on point and a lovely shot of the little beggar.

Tim, a really good picture of the squirrel in action. As noted, the feeder behind is a distraction, but I'm guessing you only had a split second to take this. They dpn't hang around do they!

EDIT: the perils of delaying commenting: discover I've commented on Greed already! Lucky I didn't contradict myself too much ;-)!

Last edited:
Hi Tim

glad to see you still hanging on in here..good catch up .

Movement......right on theme , great movement in the water...makes a change from the silky milky water that many such shots have , thik a filter may help with the brightness of the sky & background area....or maybe try the blackcard technique that the ETC challengers did if you don't have any ?

Vertcial....I'm a sucker for pylon shots & this one is no exception , what sort of lens did you use ? looks a bit like a fisheye....like the curvature of the edges which pulls my eye to the upright pylon which is nicely placed in the frame (y)

Rustic...yeah ,like it....looks like a well handled exposure , the steps lead you nicely thorugh the shots 7 the carpet of snowdrops look a good white color.....nice work mister(y)

thanks for your comments - the pylon one was with my nikon 10.5 fisheye lens - a smashing fun lens !

Below, works well. Nice ship there. Looks a tad green and it's a bit bright.

Vertical, squirrels, we get a lot in our garden and rather like them. Well captured.

Cheers.

Vertical is a nice pic just needs to be a little sharper seems slightly soft to me, below is as Andy says a bit green and bright

Movement - certainly conveys the theme. Some difficulty with exposure as top part abit wshed out.

Vertical - pylon shot is very good - nice colours and very clear

Rustic - on theme , nice dappled light and colour

Below - works well but as most of interest is in LH bottom corner, would be tempted to crop a little tighter. As mentioned by others, some WB issues.

Hi Tim,
Apologies, not commented for a while :(

Vertical, great eye contact, composition and framing with the pole. A little soft but good work nonetheless (y)

Below, lovely view of the dockyard, with lots of detail and interest to hold the viewers eye.
I feel a letterbox crop would help here to give a more panoramic look to it. A crop would also remove what I assume are reflections at the top from the glass of the tower.

Movement: lovely waterfall, right up my street. I much prefer the "frozen water" effect (where you can really see it's moving but captured) to the long exposure "milkfall", which to me doesn't convey movement at all. But I know people differ. Like it.

First Vertical reshoot: does nothing for me, sorry. Second Vertical reshoot: a cracker! Love it. Great framing and the expression on the little blighter's face is excellent. Great eye contact.

Definitely like the Rustic reshoot; excellent leading line with those steps leading up into the shot, and the curving branches take my eye around the pic.

Below... not sure. Nice faded colours, but a lot of the leading lines seem to be taking my eye out of shot rather than into and around it. But maybe I'm over-thinking it?

Rustic is great.

Below - nice focus on the big ship with the mast but a pity about the horizon, it looks a bit misty.

have made a note of all my missed weeks and hope to have a catch-up - please don't remove me yet !!

Agree with DK its a bit tightly cropped, looks very lonely in there has he got no friends

Agree with DK its a bit tightly cropped, looks very lonely in there has he got no friends

lol, there's just two of them in there at the moment - it's a new tank so I haven't moved the other ones in there yet. They must think they are in an ocean - they're less than 2 inches long and the tank is 4 foot !

thanks for the comments, a few from yesterday to help me with the catch-up:

Week 6 - Work

Have had this outstanding for ages - there'd been a murder so I thought can't be a very nice job for the forensic lot so took this one:

work by tim-uk, on Flickr

Week 30 - Steps - obvious I know !:

steps by tim-uk, on Flickr

Week 28 - Plenty - loads of swans so that made be think of plenty !

plenty by tim-uk, on Flickr

Hi Tim :)

Work - I think it would accept a bit more off the top to concentrate on the Job in hand, lots of interest on that :)

Step(s) - Really like that, the staircase is a nice contrast to the green backdrop, liking the angle it cuts through the frame too :)

Plenty - That sure is !!! - exposure looks pretty good on my monitor, slight overblown in places but a very difficult subject to get spot on all over the frame

Keep em coming Tim, your getting there (y)

Week 29 - Speed

Too many people for a proper photo but this number plate and car certainly said speed !

speed by tim-uk, on Flickr

Hi

Rock - sharp and colourful - a bit of a tight crop and that thingy at the lhs a bit distracting.
Plenty - on theme and a good subject. Generally good focus except for the head at the front :bang:
Steps - good contrast of the grey concrete and the green vegetation. Nice line as DK says.
Work - agree with others comments
Speed - good spot on the number plate - so mush so that I would have been tempted to go closer or crop to concentrate on it and the bonnet of the car - losing the people
Shape - nicely composed but would prefer a bit more of the scene to the right included. The figures add scale and are a good feature. A bit overexposed

Good catch up.

Hi Tim

Work....on theme if with slightly gory overtones...can't be a nice job , agree with others re a slice off the top

Steps...like this one .... well thought out re the placement , good detail...nice one (y)

Speed......why can't people realise they're in the way :bang: Cracking car but I also might have been tempted to go for a lower front on position capturing the plate,grille & part of the bonnet

Shape.....gotta love a lone tree , especially with such a wonderful windswept shape (y)

Back