weekly tim_uk 52 week thread pics: (speed added)

Edit My Images
No
week 27 - shape

the shape of this tree on beachy head caught my eye.

shape by tim-uk, on Flickr

Week 29 - Speed

Too many people for a proper photo but this number plate and car certainly said speed !

speed by tim-uk, on Flickr

thread: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=5725977&postcount=148

Having a first go at this challenge as I tend to spend more time reading about cameras and stuff than taking pics !

Week 1 - sin

8352419469_088a8a2249.jpg

TH2_6945

Taken with D7000, 35/1.8, SB800.

Last edited:
Hi Tim

welcome aboard :wave:

Like your take on the theme of Sin , good use of DOF - though I to wanna be able to read the words..I can see True , think one may be Deed ? Well lit ( though could maybe stand be a tad darker ) ,little light stream top rh side but other than that , yeah...great start to your project (y)

thanks for the comments, at first I was going to include "related words" truth, death, etc but then found myself so slow at finding the letter tiles that just stuck some short words on and went for the out of focus option instead !

Hi, there Sin, on theme and nice symmetry.

I like the DOF and you could have had some fun with the words on the board, people squinting to read the words then realising it says something like, 'you need an eye test'

Slight hot spot on the apple, but apart from that great start :clap:

Cheers.

Nice idea, my biggest complaint is that I'm going to spend the rest of the day humming It's A Sin by the Pet Shop Boys now. Like others I would also prefer to be able to read the words on the board.

agree about it being slightly darker, the apple is unbalancing it slightly, but I don't know what you would do with it

Nice and simple, I like it

I like the theme, clarity and the depth of field although I would have made the words in the holder a bit bolder. Worthy of a triple word score. Really nice.

Week 2 - Season:

I know this one won't win any prizes but its a tricky week for me as spending half the time in hospital and am going to try to post a photo each week whatever !!

Nikon D7000 with 18-200mm zoom.

8386028277_cea8805c3c_b.jpg

TH2_7096 by tim-uk

Last edited:
looks much better on flickr the image posted is too small to do it any justice

Nice composition. I agree with Allan's comments regarding size, it definitely looks better on Flickr in a bigger size.

My only crit would be I would personally like to see a little more punch from it, however it does portray a nice bleak scene.

Now, if only the RH tree wasn't there :naughty:

Cheers.
You are a bugger :LOL:

looks a bit oof on my crappy laptop, but liking the composition and the colour, definitely would like to see bigger images posted in thread if possible - Like It (y)

Certainly better of flickr in larger size but I like it.

Week 2 - Season:

I know this one won't win any prizes but its a tricky week for me as spending half the time in hospital and am going to try to post a photo each week whatever !!

Nikon D7000 with 18-200mm zoom.

8386028277_cea8805c3c.jpg
[/url]

TH2_7096 by tim-uk

Good on you
Look forward to some nice nursey shots :D
Its not about winning prizes, its about getting off our comfy arses and shooting something to a topic, so its a success for me anyway (y)

thanks for all your comments - have put a slightly bigger version above - never new there was such an option !

Well Tim, I know you are not looking for critique so I shall simply say, well done for getting a very suitable image out in challenging circumstances. Keep it up.

Only 50 to go! :)

perhaps a little lighter I agree with.. looks very bleak and fits the theme perfectly!

Very nice image considering the week you've had. I like the composition and the idea, it fits the theme very well.

Like it :)

Perhaps a narrower crop to remove some of the track running across the bottom would help, my eyes were draw to it and I think by having a human element in there it takes away from the bleakness of the scene.

Really liking the tones and contrast there, and absolutely looks better larger.

Only thing I don't like is the telegraph poles and wires at the back. That's a job for either photoshop or an axe, though.

Here's my week 3: Gravity entry:

wanted to find some icicles and these were the best around the house !

taken with my D7000 and 60mm/2.8 macro @ f16 lens with the on-board flash.

8401365551_82d70dd875_b.jpg
[/url]
TH2_7435 by tim-uk, on Flickr

Hi, there, decent detail in the icicles and nice colour in the wall. Good DOF.

I'm not keen on the square crop, but is bang on theme.

Cheers.

I am surprised you get that blurring at f16.

With that amount of blurring you cound have cropped a fair bit more from the right, maybe stopping at the end of the second cluster of icy fingers.

Iliked the clarity of the fingers i dont really understand why almost all images seem to have so much blurred...

nice lead in lines formed by the bricks. I like the DOF blurring away the further icicles, but agree you could have maybe lost the last two?

Back