weekly tim_uk 52 week thread pics: (speed added)

At first I thought... On board flash:thinking: but then I realised how it's the sparkling highlights that give the ice a really cold feel.(y)

Love it. :clap:

Hi Tim

icicles...very on theme , well lit , good color/detail in the BG, lovely DOF:) Crop from the rhs to the furthest cluster of icicles & I thinnk it might work better ?

Sin....Simple and effective start although I may have chose something more personal to you rather than an apple.

Season....Great location but a chainsaw to the tree behind would be better :D

Gravity..... Nice idea to get a line of icicles but maybe shot a little more to your left with a focus point 3 or 4 icicles from the front.

(y)

this is my go for wild - this squirrel in the garden this morning.

D7000 and 80-200/2.8 light was poor so it was ISO4500 1/350 @ f2.8 and through glass - he shot off when I tried to open the door !

TH2_7485 by tim-uk, on Flickr

You've done really well to grab a very usable image of a shortlived event - there must have been nearly no light to have had to use the settings you were forced to use here. (y) Really shows what acrobatics they can get up to!

Noise is only really evident on the OOF background, have you tried any selective NR on this?

This would have done for last week as well!
Great moment to capture, noise is not too bad.

You've made a great start to your 52. 1st month is over!

You can tell you have a steady hand to take that squirrel shot and it's a winner for sure. Not sure what PP software you have but ACR or LR noise reduction is getting pretty good these days. As Brian said though - it's not too bad.

Keep it up!

Ian.

nice squirrel noise doesn't bother me people are too obsessed about it sometimes (y)

little sod lol made me chuckle nice pic and noise dont really bother me adds a film sort of effect like mission impossible lol

The noise has definately been reduced - the "trade-off" from reducing noise, is reducing sharpness. If you took these two images into PS or GIMP, and layered just the squirrel from the original, over the NR version - you'd be there. (The NR has softened the squirrel a bit).

Good to try these things, well done tim.

Hi, there, noise/sharpness has been mentioned, but squirrels aren't going to wait too long in this pose, so well captured.

Cheers.

time running out for this week, so had to cheat with the space theme as had been hoping for a shot of the moon or something but too cloudy for that here. Not seen everyone's this week so apologies if something similar has already been done.

TH2_7509 by tim-uk, on Flickr

Clever!(y)

I like the shot, paper and all. A couple of bright points on the Mars catch my eye a bit, but spot on overall!

Hi Tim

the edited verison of Wild has been moved up a notch with the noise reduction...didn't really bother me in the original image but looks ton's better in the 2nd , very steady hands to shot in those conditions & a nice capture :)

I've been looking for 24 hours and still don't get it :thinking:

You are joking aren't you :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Wild......I'd love to have squirrels in my garden, what a great subject to capture. the second image is much nicer with the noise reduction.

Space....This is a great take on the theme if only to stump Andy

(y)

Must admit that took me a few seconds to figure out! Haha! :bonk:
Lighting could be adjusted I think, but overall it's a nice shot and clever take on the theme!

Like most people, took a few moments to get the link, but great idea. I hadn't realised there were so many space related chicly bars. I guess you should have done a wild bar for last week.

I still haven't taken my photo for work yet, but here's my go for this week's theme of gluttony:

TH2_7607 by tim-uk, on Flick

taken with my D7000 and 60/2.8 lens with SB800 flash, iso 100, f11, 1/60.

Last edited:
Back