weekly tim_uk 52 week thread pics: (speed added)

A very mouth watering photo :)

There is something about the photo that puts me off it, but I cant quite put my finger on it. I think it may be the shadow in the background.

just eaten my lunch, including an iced apple danish, but I reckon I could still eat that! :LOL:

No complaints at all with the shot, as a shot of a cake on a plate, but it just looks like a normal slice to me - no gluttony there. A piece twice the size would work better? :naughty:

I would prefer to stick just to the chocs, the rag spoils the shot . I bet they have been eaten.. .?

Yet another cake !!

I will be glad to get past this weeks theme and see pictures of something else other than cakes...

Nicely focussed and with good colour variation. A little more light neeed as already suggested but it doesn't show gluttony to me, just a nice piece of cake. Nevertheless, a nice composition.

Hi ya

scrummy scrummy...that looks so scrummy...want it now ! think you've caught good detail in the cake & creamy filling....maybe a plain plate would show it off more ? If you need a hand eating it I'm on my way :D

week 8 time:

I wanted to get a shop of a jeweler's window full of watches but at my local shop this afternoon got a few dodgy looks from the owner so gave up on that one in case he thought I was planning a robbery !

Instead have had to make do with this:

Nikon D7000, 60/2.8

TH2_7797 by tim-uk, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great image for gluttony. Perhaps not too gluttonous, but puts my weak effort this week to shame. It looks very tempting!

I think your white balance is off a bit for time maybe, though?

Gluttony.......Not quite shouting gluttony but it's a good shot of a really really nice piece of cake.

Time.............I'm guessing that's a stainless steel watch so I think a B&W conversion would suit this so there are no colour distractions.

(y)

Hi Tim

edited version for time works far better , though I also thing a straight mono would tick the box as well , lovely motion in the 2nd hand..you caught that spot on :clap:

I'm sure it's how the watch is but is there any way of lining up the little red triangles on the inner face with the markings on the outer dial ? I'm certain he watch is straight on but the triangles are making me think it's on the squiff :thinking:

Always difficult to get things clean for close ups. I thought on the Omega automatics that the second hand moved 8 times per second, how did you get it to show only every second?

Nice macro shot on time, obviously on theme too. Nice and sharp, my only crit would be to clone out the dirt on the face / bracelet!

sorry, I am now several weeks behind, my wife has been very poorly but is now out of hospital and I intend to catch up up the 52's soon !

Juxta - like that - on theme. Minor niggles are the clipping of the handle bar and the sign and the wonky line of the stone - but a good spot for the theme.(y)

Letter - on theme - good spot - some nice detail and colours and texture in there. Poss needed to be shot more square on IMO

Direction - another good subject for the theme. Top part just looks a little oof to me , compared with the pineapple and really the top is the business end for the theme.

Good catch up. well done (y)

still catching up, here is Week 11 : Electric:

Had the idea of getting a pic of a fuse blowing - this is the best out of 3 attempts.

Nikon D7000, 60/2.8

had it on bulb setting with the shutter opened which I closed as it blew.

electric by tim-uk, on Flickr

Hi Tim

hope your good lady is all recovered now :)

Juxtaposition...fab find & sooo on theme..only niggle is the slight clip lhs handlebar

Direction...doesn't look like the light was on your side but good attempt....looks slightly oof to me :thinking:...some blue sky would've set it off a treat...shame we can't control the weather !

Letter....interesting find..lovely textures & colors , nice n sharp (y)

Electric...have no idea how you get a fuse to blow :thinking: sharp , well exposed on the light , maybe a smidge lighter on the surrounds but really good take on the theme :)

here is week 13 - tacky.

would have liked to got a shot of someone wearing something really tacky but didn't want to risk a slap in the face, so settled with these I saw in a shop window.

tacky by tim-uk, on Flickr

Hi, Tim, catch up time:

Time, on theme and decent detail. Possible slight CCW rotation.

Juxtaposition, well spotted and cracking colours. Different angle may have given it a better visual appeal.

Letter, great detail and texture in the metal. Angle looks slightly out?

Direction, like the ornate detail in this one. Looks a tad OOF. Some nice clouds behind would have taken it up a level IMO, but you have to work with what you have.

Electric, this is a cracker. Nice colours and you can actually see it fusing :clap:

Tacky, well I guess even Doc Martins have to cater for today's youth. Well spotted, but as a former DM wearer a travesty :D

Cheers.

Week 14 - Value

Was going to have a fisheye shot in a supermarket but in the end took the easy option of saturdays racing post - and no I wouldn't have picked the horse before the race !

Nikon D7000 with 35/1.8, had to add a bit of blurriness as the depth of field of the original photo meant a couple of other names were too clear.

value by tim-uk, on Flickr

Haha, I had the same (well similar) shot planned, so I have to say good idea. Well done mate (y)

The one thing I would have done different was to focus on the SP (starting Price) as any betting man would tell you it's not the odds but the value of the bet that counts!

'Ello, Value, on theme and lucky for some. Nice focus and WB looks fine, nice low perspective. I'd prefer it without the larger text to the right.

Cheers.

Hi Tim,

My favourite of the page has to be "Letter". The gothicky style actually had me reading "All Old Schools Mail to be Deviled here". Correcting the distortion (or straightening the image) would work wonders for it.

I also really like Tacky too. I like the way the "Shop Online" sign suggests that maybe no one would buy these anwyhere but online due to their "Tackyness".

Nice catchup!

Ian.

Tacky - without a doubt, shocking them! Haha. Nice! Only crit would be the slightly distracting reflections in the window, but kind of hard to avoid!

Value - Nice idea! Agree with the comment that the large section of text / advert to the right is a little distracting. Nice job!

had it on bulb setting with the shutter opened which I closed as it blew.

well if you're going to be heating a thin wire in a glass tube with electricity, until it glows brightly, of course you have it on BULB setting. :LOL:

Great set of photos, those wellies are ultra tacky.

Electric - Clever idea and very well handled shot. Good colours, altho a little dark around the o/s

Tacky - on theme for me and well handled if taken thro a window. I would lose the Shop Online sign tho

Value - now that is value for money. Perhaps a little further to the left to try to lose the blurb on the right.

Back