Notice TP 52'ers challenge for 2019 Discussion thread Week 52 Out takes

Don't talk to me about BT! bunch of twatts!
Its taken them 2 years to actually admit that there is a fault with my line and a further 6 weeks to actually do something about it!
(they are acyually working on it now, connecting up the new line that was installed yesterday ..
Hopefully they won't mess that up, and down time should be "Short"

On the plus side I am on first name terms with Nick Lane, the CEO!
nick.lane@ee.co.uk
I know its an ee email but he is the man to complain to (y)

You should get Vodafone gigafast (ftth/fttp) seeing you are in MK. I now get 100Mb up and down for the same price I was paying for 36Mbs (fttc) also with Vodafone which I transferred to 2 years ago when Talktalk put the price for my 1.2mb connection upto £32pm.

You should get Vodafone gigafast (ftth/fttp) seeing you are in MK
There is only FTTC here, in my part, and that has only been installed in the last 18 months :rolleyes:
There are no immediate plans to upgrade to FTTP anytime soon either.
Although City fiber have been busy laying all new fiber cables, 1gig ( min 900mbs) for £60/month..

I am so glad I have started on this challenge. It really is giving me a challenge every week and something to think about. I noticed on last years spreadsheet there seems to be a falling off after the summer. Just hoping my enthusiasm will carry me through to the end! I am in awe of those of you who have done the challenge in multiple years.

I can only dream of more than 2.5 mbps :(
It was less than 2 year ago, when mine slid to 0.3 > 0.1 ( yes that 0. is right! ) from 2.5mbs and the ombudsman found that talk talk had done nothing wrong, nor was I entitled to
any form of compensation!

It was less than 2 year ago, when mine slid to 0.3 > 0.1 ( yes that 0. is right! ) from 2.5mbs and the ombudsman found that talk talk had done nothing wrong, nor was I entitled to
any form of compensation!
I used to have tiscali just before it was bought/taken over by talk talk, at the time I was getting 0.25-0.30, then went to BT and got 2.5 straight out of the box. So there was no reason that I shouldn't have been getting these speeds before.

So there was no reason that I shouldn't have been getting these speeds before.
Similar here, I was with Tesco.net for years and getting a pretty stable 2.5gbs
TT took over and within days it was down to about 1.5Gbs and just slid from there ...
I too went for BT and got around 2.5 "out of the box" but as above I started to get issues, it took about 2 years and several engineers to actually admit there was a fault,
and 6 odd weeks to put it right.
Now its a steady 29.5 gbs and most importantly no "drop offs" (y)

Phew pictures up to date and all my commenting done :) hopefully no more hectic weeks need something nice to shoehorn in a few weeks when I go to the Lake District.

Well, it looks like my BT superfast thing isn't going to happen for at least a week now!:mad:
It was supposed to be activated yesterday, but never happened....so phoned them and was told there's a problem with the phone line in the house.
Engineers dispatched....and now the waiting....
I'm at 3.5-4mbps at the moment....at least it's still working, though it's been on and off all day today.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for you Mandy!(y)
The engineer came this morning for my faulty line!
I was told it would be several days....not complaining though.
Line tested ok, he replaced the faulty ADSL filter, and closed the job, so it should be up and running by tomorrow.

Although now I have no phone!:banghead:
More waiting!!:(

Slowly catching up with my commenting not long now til the new theme appears :)

@LC2 could you add me to the spreadsheet when you get a minute please?:ty:

I have had a bad case of the lurgy for over a week now, will catch up when I can.

I am so glad I have started on this challenge. It really is giving me a challenge every week and something to think about. I noticed on last years spreadsheet there seems to be a falling off after the summer. Just hoping my enthusiasm will carry me through to the end! I am in awe of those of you who have done the challenge in multiple years.
I did an exercise of graphing the numbers over the past 52, and they all follow a similar pattern
The data (to about the middle of last year) is here if you're interested
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zy1p6YWaxjnBMfqXu_iGB-ldJ3ROaGKW/view?usp=sharing

A bit behind with comments this week as we’re still in That London. Home tomorrow so catch up time. A nice London friendly theme today would me good. We’re off on the boat to Greenwich :)

I'm going out with the camera (and a lens or two) in about an hour, so a new theme would be good. Who knows what time the Cobra man will take a break from all the hard work he does, to be able to deliver on his promise of giving us the theme.

Who knows what time the Cobra man will take a break from all the hard work he does, to be able to deliver on his promise of giving us the theme.
About now :D

I don't care if you do Object to this weeks theme TBH.
But something tangible, like an "Object" maybe easier to photograph ;)

(This has to be the easiest one yet .... don't get used to it :D )

Last edited:
I find the 'easy' ones the hardest actually....my tiny brains suffer with information overload!:LOL:
Nevertheless, thank you @Cobra (y)

I wrote much the same last year, when the theme was 'Rural' and my first thought was that it would be a nice, easy one, but it proved to be a real challenge for some reason. So now I never allow myself to think that any of them will be straightforward :D

Hi all, sorry no input from me this week, BT are promising connection for the 28th!

They had intended to dig up our driveway and front garden until hubby suggested a much shorter route involving very little disruption, they agreed that was an excellent idea ...duh! :rolleyes:

Was hoping to use my mobile hotspot but received a message from O2 saying ....sorry a phone mast close to you isn’t working, update by 1st March :runaway:

Can’t stand trying to post at snails pace so I’ll catch up ASAP.

Thanks for the new topic Cobra :)

I don't care if you do Object to this weeks theme TBH.
But something tangible, like an "Object" maybe easier to photograph ;)

(This has to be the easiest one yet .... don't get used to it :D )

That will do for me sir, funny thing too is I picked up a black object from my Mums a X-T3 :fuji::fuji:

Back