TP Lakes Meet photographs

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
A few TP members went to the Lakes for the weekend.

I'm sure I speak to all who attended that it was a cracking meet. We did really well with the weather.

Attendees were @mardymum, @randomwindows @posiview @Phil D (and his partner Lynne - thanks again for the butties and tea/coffee (y)) @nickjohnwatson @drooke @robphotographer @Buck @Dark Knight @Southdowns.

Here's one from me to get the ball rolling. I'll post on the crit section as I think some who attended were are some feedback.

Cheers all.

Lake at sunrise by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

You've set the bar Andy. Need to process some of mine. Will try and post a few over the next couple of days.

Here's another, taken on the way over on Friday afternoon nr Great Langdale

C&C most welcome on any I put up, especially on the PP'ing, saturation +/- ect, still getting used to the monitor,cheers

Edit- just had another look at this and brightened it up a little

Langdales by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Here's another, taken on the way over on Friday afternoon nr Great Langdale

C&C most welcome on any I put up, especially on the PP'ing, saturation +/- ect, still getting used to the monitor,cheers

Langdales by Phil Dyson, on Flickr

Hi Phil

Nice shot. I would drop the exposure down say half a stop and boost the saturation by a whisker to give it a bit of a boost.

Hi Phil

Nice shot. I would drop the exposure down say half a stop and boost the saturation by a whisker to give it a bit of a boost.

Adrian, we've just crossed posts there :D

I've just made it a little brighter, it did look a tad dark to me :confused: Any better? could the saturation still need a bit? thanks

Last edited:
Adrian, we've just crossed posts there :D

I've just made it a little brighter, it did look a tad dark to me :confused: Any better? could the saturation still need a bit? thanks

See what you think with my edit - important thing is what looks right fro you though (y)

See what you think with my edit - important thing is what looks right fro you though (y)

Thanks Adrian, I'm at a bit of a loss just lately with this pp'ing lark :LOL: in the one you've run through ACR, there looks to be more detail in the cloud but it still looks a bit dark on this monitor :confused:

Thanks Adrian, I'm at a bit of a loss just lately with this pp'ing lark :LOL: in the one you've run through ACR, there looks to be more detail in the cloud but it still looks a bit dark on this monitor :confused:

Have you calibrated your monitor? Mine's calibrated and it does make a difference. Doesn't look too dark on mine. In ACR I set the black and white points as well so there should be no part of the photo that is too darker or too bright i.e. no blown highlights or black shadows.

Have you calibrated your monitor? Mine's calibrated and it does make a difference. Doesn't look too dark on mine. In ACR I set the black and white points as well so there should be no part of the photo that is too darker or too bright i.e. no blown highlights or black shadows.

I've only just bought it 2nd had from the classifieds,it's a Dell Ultrasharp U2412M, they get some great reviews on here. I was told it had been calibrated about a month ago. I'm very happy with it, it's totally different to editing on mi lappy.

Maybe I could do with discussing this on a separate thread in the PP section to save cluttering up here, cheers mate :)

I've only just bought it 2nd had from the classifieds,it's a Dell Ultrasharp U2412M, they get some great reviews on here. I was told it had been calibrated about a month ago. I'm very happy with it, it's totally different to editing on mi lappy.

Maybe I could do with discussing this on a separate thread in the PP section to save cluttering up here, cheers mate :)
Calibration needs to be done periodically, especially if the monitor is now been used on a different pc. Proper calibration should also consider the lighting in the room.

If you upload a raw version of your image I will do a quick edit for you.

If you want to borrow my calibration thingy (Color Munki) you're more than welcome. (y)

If you want to borrow my calibration thingy (Color Munki) you're more than welcome. (y)

That's a very kind offer Adrian, one I might have to take up, thank you :)

I will be a while yet with my photos, i only uploaded them to my laptop this morning before work, went for a walk with me labrador to wake up as was still knackered

Apologies if these are a little large, but here are some I've processed so far...

a5432b11cea571912f34b75e74878657

09b3d047982bde04deb03b768ef60283

30373ccd48550d7b3868433ddd69259b

cfd3845d04b766e0d3c3f6a59abd1c13

c275e43a3152d91166712552fdcfdd38

Pants at this stuff and was not there but felt I must say that the first image posted is fab, I wish I could take similiar quality photos:)

Gaz
Ps: Would one use filters at all for that type of image or 2 photos merged ? Or was there enough range to get it in one raw image ?

Late in posting so trying to put on something different, so one of mine from Sunday Morning, not the best of detail but got out of it what I could, the heavy mist on the mountains is not as clear as I would have hoped, and would like to get more out of the sky, but not sure how, have just used a grad in LR :thinking:

Castlerigg Stone Circle by TP DK, on Flickr

I didn't get any worth posting apart from trees :oops: :$
I will definitely try harder next time on my composition, that and not completely blowing the sky on my only decent shot :(
But, I had a great time with some lovely people so roll on next time.
i did wonder what you were doing when i saw you leaning up against that tree straining your neck looking in to the canopy. :D

Back