TP Lakes Meet photographs

Sounds like you had a good trip. The pass was probably the hardknott or Wrynose pass - some tough inclines and bends there!

Part of the reason we covered so much was that we were up before 4am and didn't leave until after 9pm so it was a full on day with plenty of time at each location. Some were shorter visits as the light/opportunity wasn't there for some photos so they've been put on the "next time" list!
yes that was hardknott :)

It had an amazing view up there though!

i did indeed had an amazing time. truelly breath taking. are most of you who went , are local? or did some have to travel a fair distance?

All had pretty reasonable journeys (2 hours +) but I think Dean @Dark Knight had the longest journey coming across from Norfolk. That's why none of us minded cramming in more than a days worth in one day as it made the travel worthwhile. :)

.. the drive between those places are quite longish.

for example i drove from wasdale to elderwater i think its called and that took about an hour or more driving past little landale.

I went through this pass that had a 30% incline/decline route! It was crazy doing that on my little nissan micra
That's Elterwater, and Little Langdale.

The worst trouble on the passes these days is from the amount of traffic and the inexperience of many drivers - many don't seem to suss that the vehicle coming down should pull into a passing place in favour of the vehicle coming UP.

That's Elterwater, and Little Langdale.

The worst trouble on the passes these days is from the amount of traffic and the inexperience of many drivers - many don't seem to suss that the vehicle coming down should pull into a passing place in favour of the vehicle coming UP.
Yes i did well and did not encounter too many traffic but it's not for the feint hearted. The view up there is mesmerising though

In North Wales those coming up the hill stop first as you stop suddenly, if you are going down hill especially in Snowdonia (North Wales) you can burn out your breaks, ps tongue in cheek all ;)

Last edited:
Back