weekly TPDK's 52 of 2017 - Wk 49 to 52 Added and COMPLETE

I don't know if it's just me, but I can hardly see your write up for each image you're posting, it's so faint. Screenshot_20171023-215018.png

Cheers Dave :)

Hmmmm good point Chris, it was going to be the lighthouse and pier but the shots were not what I hoped :)

Here you go @posiview a 30 second exposure, bright sun so I think I use Big & Little stopper, dissapointingly the clouds were slow moving so didn't give the desired effect,AND the pier wasn't pin sharp either :D

Wk 38 - Display FAIL :D by TP DK, on Flickr

I like that. 16 stopped, sheesh, it must have been bright.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can hardly see your write up for each image you're posting, it's so faint. View attachment 113110
Hmmmm not too sure Dominic... hopefully @Cobra will know, On my screen (Night Theme) so black background and white text, it is as clear as day :)

I like that. 16 stopped, sheesh, it must have been bright.
It was mate, nice pretty clear skies but it was blowing in the center a tad so I had to stop it down a bit, this was the best I could get from 30 seconds, Mrs DK was starting to get bored after a while :D

I don't know if it's just me, but I can hardly see your write up for each image you're posting, it's so faint.

hopefully @Cobra will know,
I don't know how you did it, but you added colour tags that makes it almost white.
You won't see it on a dark background, but it messes with the auto colour correct for the different themes.
( now edited back btw)
If I add black tags, we can all see THIS BIT normally. Except those on night theme

Last edited:
Bent makes for a good typical British seaside scene with that grey sky and the optimistically blue roller coaster

And that's an interesting old wall, I might have been tempted to crop tighter but it's spot on for the theme.

Hi DK.

Display ... you've captured a lovely colour in the sea and so many boats ...the panorama suits it well.

Bent ...love the idea of that wooden roller coaster .... does it still work, I bet it a bit bumpy! I think a closer shot of some of the detail would work well too.

Same will Wall ... there's so much interesting detail in there, spot on for the theme.

I don't know how you did it, but you added colour tags that makes it almost white.
You won't see it on a dark background, but it messes with the auto colour correct for the different themes.
( now edited back btw)
If I add black tags, we can all see THIS BIT normally. Except those on night theme
Cheers Chris !!! (y)

Sooooo now I could truly F**k with things :D

Bent makes for a good typical British seaside scene with that grey sky and the optimistically blue roller coaster
Ahhhh yes it blends in with the sky a treat doesn't it, and the bright blue (murky grey) noth sea :LOL: - Thanks Chris :)

And that's an interesting old wall, I might have been tempted to crop tighter but it's spot on for the theme.
Thanks again, I did wonder wether to crop for more detail or keep context in :)

Hey Susie :wave:

Display ... you've captured a lovely colour in the sea and so many boats ...the panorama suits it well.
Thank you :)

Bent ...love the idea of that wooden roller coaster .... does it still work, I bet it a bit bumpy! I think a closer shot of some of the detail would work well too.
And thank you again :) - and yes it still works, a very popular ride indeed !!!

Same will Wall ... there's so much interesting detail in there, spot on for the theme.
Cool with 3 positives :cool:

Annnnd to get me NEARLY up to date here is my shot for... This Week !!! - yes I know, a photo taken AND posted in the right week :banana:

Now then, how could I visit the coast, with a camera, and not do a shot of the sea, oh and okay, there may be a tiny bit of artistic licence involved :whistle:

Week 42 Symmetrical (Really best viewed large on flickr :))

Wk 42 - Symmetrical by TP DK, on Flickr

I like what you have done there, but small point one of the boats need flipping if you see what I mean

Bent .... strange/unusual structure, but interesting with good detail. Would love to see more of its surroundings ... just sand/grass/dunes presumably.

Wall ... liking the grimness ... a gateway blocked off, barbed wire and what looks like a spiky old bedstead.

Symmetrical ... I thought I might end up invoking my artistic licence this week, but no shoppery involved there! Nice imaginative image DK but I do see what Allan says about flipping a boat. ;)

(y)

I like what you have done there, but small point one of the boats need flipping if you see what I mean
Ahhh yes good point Allan !!! <adds to list> :)

Display ... lovely wide angle ... and the FG water is gorgeous.
Thanks David :)

Bent .... strange/unusual structure, but interesting with good detail. Would love to see more of its surroundings ... just sand/grass/dunes presumably.
Thanks again David :)

Yes you are correct apart from other seafront stuff to the right, carpark (not made up so still beach like) to the left, Road to the main side :)

Wall ... liking the grimness ... a gateway blocked off, barbed wire and what looks like a spiky old bedstead.
Me too mate :) and yes it does look like a bed :D

Symmetrical ... I thought I might end up invoking my artistic licence this week, but no shoppery involved there! Nice imaginative image DK but I do see what Allan says about flipping a boat. ;)

(y)
Ahhhhh damn why didn't I think of that !!! thanks guys :) :)

A very nice shot Dean, love the milky water and the boats in the distance maybe flip one :D On theme very nicely too (y)
Hahaaaa thank you too Dave :)

Looks like I missed the main trick on this, and now you say it, it is sooooooo obvious :bang: :bat: :D

Hi DK.

Display - I'm with you that the image you posted works better than the blurred on. I can see what you were aiming for, but I think there was just too much light. I like what you achieved and it certinaly is a display of boats.

Bent - On theme, but I dunno, there is something about it that doesn't work for me. Not sure what. Maybe the weather?

Wall - You got what you were looking for and as you were aiming for a run down section, my frequent add contrast comment wouldn't apply.
Looks like it was originally a gateway?

Symmetrical - I'm assuming a composite, at least for the boats on the horizon. If not, you must have been waiting a long time to get that.

Sorry but my first thought was about flipping the boat, :) you've done a good job with it though.

Hi DK.

Display - I'm with you that the image you posted works better than the blurred on. I can see what you were aiming for, but I think there was just too much light. I like what you achieved and it certinaly is a display of boats.
Thanks Tim :)

Bent - On theme, but I dunno, there is something about it that doesn't work for me. Not sure what. Maybe the weather?
Hmmmm not sure mate, I quite like dark moody skies :)

Wall - You got what you were looking for and as you were aiming for a run down section, my frequent add contrast comment wouldn't apply.
Looks like it was originally a gateway?
Erm it could have been at one time I guess :thinking:

Symmetrical - I'm assuming a composite, at least for the boats on the horizon. If not, you must have been waiting a long time to get that.
Well, the boats are carrying different colour containers :D :whistle:

Sorry but my first thought was about flipping the boat, :) you've done a good job with it though.
No worries thank you Chris, it did cross my mind but thought that would look two set up/symetrical, so went for/kept diagonal wave line and same direction ships :)

And my next one, courtesey of @posiview for the use of his legs :D

Went for a low point of view trying to catch the shimmer of light coming from the worn cobbles...

Week 43 Worn... Cobbles, as well as worn out legs from walking so far :D

Week 43 - Worn by TP DK, on Flickr

Wooden
Are you sure that's not colourful?
It works well, I like the curved chairs in the background and the colours.

Worn
Well they are definitely worn cobbles, I'll have to take your word for it on the legs though.

And for this one it was very much about the colour and the great character, not the best of detail but due to the fact he was cycling towards me I had to really wack up the ISO to get him relatively still looking...

Pleased that the leading lines pull you in but wish I could have got the bottom of the wall and his bike wheel in full, would have been a bit more dramatic I think... still, very happy with this one !!

Week 44 - Colourful, a colourful place and a colourful character

Week 44 - Colourful by TP DK, on Flickr

Colourful
That's a pretty cool shot. Lots of colours and a bit human content, all work well together.

Wait until you see my height shot, then you'll see some high ISO noise and blurr :(

Nice catch up, colourful particularly is very good as you say pity about the wheel but it doesn't spoil it too much

Hi DK,

Wooden - Certainly on theme. Vignette works, as does the level of saturation which helps the deck chairs stand out.

Worn - Always good to have some human interest in the shot :) and Andy's trainers add a small dash of colour.
You succeeded with the gleam off the cobbles.

Colourful - Heh, I immediately thought colourful for the place and the character before reading your blurb, so the shot 100% sells the story.
When zoomed right in you see the effect of the high iso, but at normal viewing distances it looks okay to me.
This is my pick of the 3.

Annnnd the last for today (Re-shoot I will edit tomorrow :))

TWO to choose from...

Height 1 - A spiral staircase taken from below looking up, I took soooooooo many of these at different angles I have struggled to pick the right one for the theme, the 'looking up' shots seem to work better than the 'looking down' :thinking:

Week 45 - Height

Week 45 - Height 1 by TP DK, on Flickr

Height 2 - An odd one this, two or three of us were laying in the road to get this reflection, the things we do hey !!! - this shot going for the lines leading the eye through the frame but hopefully pausing on the millenium wheel :)

Week 45 - Height 2

Week 45 - Height 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Wooden
Are you sure that's not colourful?
I was tempted to Hahaha :D
It works well, I like the curved chairs in the background and the colours.
Thank you Dominique :)

Worn
Well they are definitely worn cobbles, I'll have to take your word for it on the legs though.
Thanks again :)

Well we did about (acording to Posiviews fitbit, around 28,000 steps yesterday at the last look, my legs were sure aching :D

Wooden/Colourful in one shot will do me, like how the eye is drawn to the deckchairs
Thank you Dave :)

Worn is a good shot and thanks to Andy for helping you out, old worn out cobbles with the nice lighting.
Thanks again :)

I took a couple without legs or feet in and it really did not work at all :)

Colourful
That's a pretty cool shot. Lots of colours and a bit human content, all work well together.
Thanks a lot again Dominique :cool:

Wait until you see my height shot, then you'll see some high ISO noise and blurr :(
Oh Dear Hahaha :)

Nice catch up, colourful particularly is very good as you say pity about the wheel but it doesn't spoil it too much
Glad you think so Allan, I was kicking myself for such a big clip but hey, still works :)

Hi DK,

Wooden - Certainly on theme. Vignette works, as does the level of saturation which helps the deck chairs stand out.
Thank you Tim :)

I did the vignette slider soooo many times trying to ensure not over done, glad it's okay :)

Worn - Always good to have some human interest in the shot :) and Andy's trainers add a small dash of colour.
You succeeded with the gleam off the cobbles.
Gleam, what a cracking word... Thank you again Tim :)

Colourful - Heh, I immediately thought colourful for the place and the character before reading your blurb, so the shot 100% sells the story.
Splendid, thank you :)
When zoomed right in you see the effect of the high iso, but at normal viewing distances it looks okay to me.
This is my pick of the 3.
Thanks again and for the Pick (y)

I did lose a chunk of noise in PP but decided to put it back in as it looked a bit too fake for a tunnel if you know what I mean :)

Good catch up Dean, particularly like the deck chairs, really well composed and the London Eye for height is, I think, a great take on the theme.

Good catchup, Dean.

Wooden, Lovely flowing feeling. Cropped leg of the FG chair, may have been unavoidable and no bid deal. Nice muted tones.
Warn, them legs make it...invoice is in the mail :)
Colourful, great find, WB may be a little off :thinking:
Height, like them both but #2 for me, great POV and the red lines are a great bonus,]

Enjoyable catch up.

Cheers.

Good catch up Dean, particularly like the deck chairs, really well composed and the London Eye for height is, I think, a great take on the theme.
Thanks a lot Chris :) :)

Good catchup, Dean.
Cheers buddy :)

Wooden, Lovely flowing feeling. Cropped leg of the FG chair, may have been unavoidable and no bid deal. Nice muted tones.
Thanks Andy, and yes was unavoidable, I did try and get it in but it just 'wooden' work :D
Warn, them legs make it...invoice is in the mail :)
hahahaa yes, best 10p I have ever spnt ;P
Colourful, great find, WB may be a little off :thinking:
Hmmmmmm you may have me there :thinking: maybe I can blame it on the artificial light :D
Height, like them both but #2 for me, great POV and the red lines are a great bonus,]
Cheers Andy, was worth getting grubby and wet for :)
Enjoyable catch up.

Cheers.
Was for me too... Thanks :)

Colourful is a very nice shot, not fussed you cut the wheel as my eye is drawn straight to the walls. Height both are good and same choice as Andy #2 for the pov.
Thank you on both counts Dave, I wasn't so sure if it worked for height at first, but I'm now thinking a low heigh is still a height so works either way :)

Wooden ... really nice pov on those deckchairs and I wouldn't have noticed the Vignette had you not mentioned it, but as you do, I can see it really works.

Worn ... you've really brought out the wornness in those cobbles.

Colourful ... fab bit of street with colour all around ... and what a priceless character you've found. To include the whole front wheel would be perfect but you can't have it all.

Height .... #1 who can resist those spiral staircases! and you've certainly found a good one there. #2 is a beaut tho! something different and unexpected. Not just the reflection but the red lines and curbstones, I like. (y)

Height 2 :clap: ........that is all.
Oooooo Thnak You :) :)

Wooden ... really nice pov on those deckchairs and I wouldn't have noticed the Vignette had you not mentioned it, but as you do, I can see it really works.
Thank you David, it did help nicely on this one :)

Worn ... you've really brought out the wornness in those cobbles.
Thank you :)

Colourful ... fab bit of street with colour all around ... and what a priceless character you've found. To include the whole front wheel would be perfect but you can't have it all.
Thank you again matey !!!

Height .... #1 who can resist those spiral staircases! and you've certainly found a good one there. #2 is a beaut tho! something different and unexpected. Not just the reflection but the red lines and curbstones, I like. (y)
And what a great catch up of comments from you too, really appreciated David :) (y)

Back