weekly TPDK's 52 of 2017 - Wk 49 to 52 Added and COMPLETE

It was dark outside, my lights were on modelling mode and I have daylight strip lights too :D

Shot with Softbox above right on about 1/3 power.. second light through a white brolley above left (about 1/2 power)

Now thats just full on studio lighting, and therefore, cheating......

Nicely done and perfectly lit. Like the added text too. :clap:
Thank you Stan :)

Nice shot Dean, I have two packs left here and thought the same. Well taken juicy pastilles.
Great minds hey !!! - Thank you Dave :)

Now thats just full on studio lighting, and therefore, cheating......
Well.. best couple of hundred quid I have spent for doing stuff like this , good fun too :)

Build
I like it, some how it has a tilt/shift look to it (maybe it's the shallow depth of field with the wire fence playing tricks with my eyes).

Juicy
Simple but effective, my kind of photography.

I'm not seeing the main photo, I can see the pull-back, but if click it it still goes to your flickr. As has been said, good job, nice subtle shadow to keep it grounded and all the details are there.

Build
I like it, some how it has a tilt/shift look to it (maybe it's the shallow depth of field with the wire fence playing tricks with my eyes).

Juicy
Simple but effective, my kind of photography.
Cool - Thank you Dominic :cool:

Looks like a product image for advertising, which is exactly what you were trying for.
(y) Splendid.

Thanks for the 'howto' too, for us lighting newbies
Cheers Tim :)

I'm not seeing the main photo, I can see the pull-back, but if click it it still goes to your flickr. As has been said, good job, nice subtle shadow to keep it grounded and all the details are there.
That's odd... I will check that, thanks Chris (y)

Good product shot well placed in the frame, simple but effective excellent
Cheers Allan :)

A really clean product-type shot for Juicy that shows off the textures and colours really well, Dean (y) It was interesting to read the details of your lighting for this image, too, as that's something I've never tried and usually struggle with one flash or window light, so thanks for sharing that.

Of your other recent images, I like the delicate understated colours of the sky and the distant birds in Remote, and I think the second Build image works best for me, but they both convey the theme well.

A really clean product-type shot for Juicy that shows off the textures and colours really well, Dean (y) It was interesting to read the details of your lighting for this image, too, as that's something I've never tried and usually struggle with one flash or window light, so thanks for sharing that.

Of your other recent images, I like the delicate understated colours of the sky and the distant birds in Remote, and I think the second Build image works best for me, but they both convey the theme well.
Thank you very much Andrea, I always appreciate your comments :)

No time to mess about, quick shots, quick edits, it is new years eve after all and I am not going to be sitting on my PC all night, Vodka and Prosecco call :D

Week 49 Broad - Taken at the right time, only just edited, weather was pants but I thought I must make use of what I had, I give you a bleak winter evening on the broads :)

Week 49 - Broad by TP DK, on Flickr

Week 50 Rustic - My gardening shed, old, rustic and literally part of the garden :)

Week 50 - Rustic by TP DK, on Flickr

Week 51 Festive - I have just done a tree shot, time has been lax and the weather poor so PABD :)

Week 51 - Festive by TP DK, on Flickr

Week 52 Weather - It has been crap lately, mostly dull and raining, but today, well this afternoon when I got my camera out it has just been dull, so not even any streaky rain or storm clouds :bang:

So here is the weather in Norfolk this afternoon...

Week 52 - Weather by TP DK, on Flickr

And there we have it, a 52 finished but I must admit I am disappointed in the number of catch-ups, I hope to do better in 2018 !!!

Thanks to all that have visited and commented over the year, VERY much appreciated (y)

Hi DK
I know the feeling, its been a slog this last few weeks.....

Broad - I quite like - may have bene better to crop the tree from left ? the reeds are great tho
Rustic - and I thought my shed was knackered!
Festive - yep...
Weather - 3 days before the theme was valid, LOADs of opps - theme becomes valid and it rains for a week - I feel your pain!

congrats on finishing the year tho...

Broad looks slightly blue on my monitor but then it probably was taken at blue hour. Good subject for the theme.
Rustic is spot on for the theme, nicely framed by the ivy.
I think your festive has to be one of the best for the theme, good colours and details and nicely balanced light
Weather, yes I think we have all been struggling with flat grey skies
Happy new year

Hi DK.
Broad - Your 'pants' weather is someone else's 'ominous' sky. I had kind of guessed your shout would be from the broads for this.
Rustic - My garage is being taken over in the same way as your shed. I'm not sure I'd call my garage rustic, but this certainly works. I like how the greenery frames the picture.
Festive - Bright, shiny and bang on theme. Properly Christmas.
Weather - At least your tree is still standing ;) Weather sounds like such an easy theme, but like all 'easy' themes, ends up being a right sod doesn't it.

Still, that's the 52 4 17 done. Onwards and , well onwards really, to the 52 4 18.

I like the blues in your broads shot no idea why you are complaining
Would like to have seen all the shed it looks well embedded in that hedge
Festive is very festive bang on
Weather is the least strongest pic otherwise a good end to your year

Broad ... the Broads ... Ha! had to be. Lovely shot, tis blue but it's got contrasting brown FG. Nice (and bleak).
Rustic ... was going to say 'nice find' but you didn't have to look far! Cute! It's got it all ... colour, texture .... (hinges looks a bit oof).
Festive ... harder than you think this time of year ... but you can't go far wrong with xmas decs. Good light and cheerful colour.
Weather ... would work well for Naked.

I too have enjoyed your 52 DK :clap:

Look at this... even behind on comments on my own thread :bang: :LOL:

As you work your guts off mate I think you have done a damn good job, time to sit down and enjoy the NY. On your shots, all on theme but my pick is your rustic old shed being overgrown. Well done on the finish.
Cheers Dave, I sure did, I do hope you and your loved ones did also :)

Some fabulous shots to finish the year. Love Broad and Rustic themes.
Thank you Stan, thanks a lot :)

Hi DK
I know the feeling, its been a slog this last few weeks.....
Yup :D

Broad - I quite like - may have bene better to crop the tree from left ? the reeds are great tho
Thanks... I was hoping that framed it a little bit :D
Rustic - and I thought my shed was knackered!
Yes, that shed has seen better days :LOL:
Festive - yep...
Exactly :)
Weather - 3 days before the theme was valid, LOADs of opps - theme becomes valid and it rains for a week - I feel your pain!
Exactly EVEN MORE :LOL:

congrats on finishing the year tho...
That was the main thing, I wanted to at least finish it in the right year :)

Broad looks slightly blue on my monitor but then it probably was taken at blue hour. Good subject for the theme.
Oh Yes, twas the blue hour :exit:
Rustic is spot on for the theme, nicely framed by the ivy.
Thanks Chris :)
I think your festive has to be one of the best for the theme, good colours and details and nicely balanced light
Ooooo Thank you sir :cool:
Weather, yes I think we have all been struggling with flat grey skies
:nod:
Happy new year
Thank you - and all the best wishes for 2018 for you and your loved ones :)

I like the blues in your broads shot no idea why you are complaining
I was just being picky and wanting some sun/colour :D
Would like to have seen all the shed it looks well embedded in that hedge
I do have wider shots but yes it is well snuggled by the surroundings :)
Festive is very festive bang on
Tanks :)
Weather is the least strongest pic otherwise a good end to your year
Thank you Allan (y)

Well done for finishing, I've enjoyed your 52.

Cheers.
Cheers mate, certainly hope to catch up with you some time this year !!

Broad ... the Broads ... Ha! had to be.
Yup Hahaha :D

Lovely shot, tis blue but it's got contrasting brown FG. Nice (and bleak).
Thank you David :)
Rustic ... was going to say 'nice find' but you didn't have to look far! Cute! It's got it all ... colour, texture .... (hinges looks a bit oof).
Ahhhh yes shaky hands, typical it looked fine in the viewfinder :bang: and yes thank you this is my fav shed in the garden, lots of character it came with the house :)

Festive ... harder than you think this time of year ... but you can't go far wrong with xmas decs. Good light and cheerful colour.
Cheers mate, yes in this weather it was an option I didn't really want to do but hey, box ticked and it is on theme :D
Weather ... would work well for Naked.
Good point :)

I too have enjoyed your 52 DK :clap:
Cool - thanks again David :cool:

Nice finish Dean. Good bokeh on the Christmas tree and the Broads look suitably wintry. Happy New Year and good luck for 2018.

My catch-up comments for the last 3 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 50 - Rustic - That it is! Like the composition with the ivy frame and also spider web detail in the windows.

Wk 51 - Festive - That is what Chistmas Trees are for ! Taking festive photos.

Wk 52 - Weather - This being a small part of 'The Big Norfolk Skies' that they sell to painters for holidays? :rolleyes: - at least you went outside which is more than I did.

Nice finish Dean. Good bokeh on the Christmas tree and the Broads look suitably wintry. Happy New Year and good luck for 2018.
Thank you very much John and best wishes for a great togging 2018 to you :) (y)

My catch-up comments for the last 3 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)
Here here mate, that's what I want to do too :)

Wk 50 - Rustic - That it is! Like the composition with the ivy frame and also spider web detail in the windows.
Ahhh glad you spotted the webs, I like them too, I deliberately keep them building up :D

Wk 51 - Festive - That is what Chistmas Trees are for ! Taking festive photos.
Ahhhh good point :LOL:

Wk 52 - Weather - This being a small part of 'The Big Norfolk Skies' that they sell to painters for holidays? :rolleyes: - at least you went outside which is more than I did.[/QUOTE]Hahahaa yes at least I can say that :)

Thanks for the full catch up, much appreciated (y)

Back