uniquegardens 52 for 2010 - wk 15 "Single" pg 7

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
this is first time I have entered this challenge and looking forward to it or not. Seems a good way of pushing myself further...so here goes.

Good Luck to all

Graham.

Last edited:
Here goes...

shot this morning using natural light coming through from outside.

Last edited:
Hi Graham.

I always loved the shots that I saw from you in the weekly competition, so I'm really pleased to see you starting a 52 (y)

That's a really beautiful shot to start on. Absolutely gorgeous colour and pin sharp. The co-ordinated border works very well too.
I can't wait to see what you come up with over the coming weeks.

p.s. If you change the title on your first post to show the week no. and theme it'll make your thread easier to spot.
There are so many 52 threads at the moment, that I'm sort of scanning through looking for anything with week 1 or curved in the title. Almost missed this one ;)

Hi Sarah,
likewise, I have always enjoyed your images very creative.
I hunted for a better shaped rose to use but with the heating on constant (Southern Softy) they wilt very quickly; still pleased the way it turned out and I am glad you like.

ps Thanks for the heads up "Title".

Graham
______

Thanks Carl.

Ooooh thats fantastic. Any chance of a black and white one, not to replace it as I love the colours, but simply because I think it would be a great complement to it.

Ooooh thats fantastic. Any chance of a black and white one, not to replace it as I love the colours, but simply because I think it would be a great complement to it.

Hi squawk,
Thank you very much - sure, no problem, posted. How is it?
Did not think of a B&W comparison - thank you.

Graham
______

i love the colour in the first bright and warm

Me too Graham, I much prefer the colour version and I just read back on my earlier post and I'm scratching my own head here. Maybe I was knocking back some alcohol at the time :)

I'm with everyone else now, I like the black and white but I prefer the colour. Keep both :D

Lovely flower shot, I prefer the the colour version to the mono

Thank you

Me too Graham, I much prefer the colour version and I just read back on my earlier post and I'm scratching my own head here. Maybe I was knocking back some alcohol at the time :)

Hi John,
thank you very much, nothing wrong with abit of alcohol. (y)

I'm with everyone else now, I like the black and white but I prefer the colour. Keep both :D

Cheers for that.

Lovely shot, Hard to choose between them both, emm I think I will have to go for the bw one.
kim

Thank you kimo appreciate it

lovely photo, as much as i love the colour, i think the way the light shows on the b+w version is spectacular!!

2 really good photos. I think personally I prefer the BW one

Hi Darren,
thank you, its interesting because I never thought of trying it in B&W but I am pleased you like it. (y)

lovely photo, as much as i love the colour, i think the way the light shows on the b+w version is spectacular!!

Thank you Pete
the credit must go to Squawk, as I mentioned above, did not consider a B&W
conversion. - thanks again though. (y)

Colour shot works best for me Graham.

I'm normally a fan of black and white but the colour works better in this case.

Yet another variation on the curved theme (y)

After searching through a plethora of my wife's Poetry book's I stumbled across this one,
moments later my wife suggested I should try to interpret the same poem "spooky".

Things got very sticky with this one, I am quite pleased with the way it turned out, but the reflection lets it down slightly. I hope I have it done justice
and you peeps enjoy it as much as I did shooting it.

ps. I could have made the peas slightly greener.

Many thanks for looking

PEAS

I always eat peas with honey,
I've done it all my life,
They do taste kind of funny,
But it keeps them on the knife.​
Anon​

I do like that, great take on the poem and a well taken shot.

great colours on this one and I like the lightings as it is. Would never have known they were peas.

I do like that, great take on the poem and a well taken shot.

Thank you very much Jonathan. (y)

Lovely picture well lit and very sharp but peas and honey :puke:

Hi Briony, appreciate your kind words, "peas and honey" IMHO - very sweet;
might be ok on toast. :LOL:

great colours on this one and I like the lightings as it is. Would never have known they were peas.

Cheers Squawk, It did take a while to set this up, couldn't balance the peas lol: I am very pleased you like the colours and lighting.

Flattered by all your comments - thank you

Took me a while to figure out what the shot of the peas was at first because it's shot so close it's almost intimate. Great work.

Took me a while to figure out what the shot of the peas was at first because it's shot so close it's almost intimate. Great work.

see! that's the trouble with frozen instead of fresh peas :LOL: seriously -

Hi L'Cham, thank you very much (y)

:LOL: Great poem Graham!
I love it, really made me smile.

And it's matched by a really well executed image too :clap:.
Took me a little while to figure out what I was looking at (in a good way). It's really unusual to ever see a knife from that angle and the serrated edge is absolutely pin sharp (y)

The flowing honey's got an almost smokey feel to it that I just love and it stands out really well against the black background.
I'm not sure why you felt the reflection let it down a bit. Is it the slight ghosting that's bugging you? I think it's inevitable that close up to a mirror and it's so faint that it's almost unnoticeable - definitely doesn't detract from the image at all. In fact there's nothing about this that I don't like!

:LOL: Great poem Graham!
I love it, really made me smile.

And it's matched by a really well executed image too :clap:.
Took me a little while to figure out what I was looking at (in a good way). It's really unusual to ever see a knife from that angle and the serrated edge is absolutely pin sharp (y)

The flowing honey's got an almost smokey feel to it that I just love and it stands out really well against the black background.
I'm not sure why you felt the reflection let it down a bit. Is it the slight ghosting that's bugging you? I think it's inevitable that close up to a mirror and it's so faint that it's almost unnoticeable - definitely doesn't detract from the image at all. In fact there's nothing about this that I don't like!

Hello Sarah,
Thank you so very much it means alot, I am glad it made you smile.
Wasn't sure about the angle of the knife though, I was going to tilt it forward slightly but, the damn peas wouldn't stay on :LOL:. It was the ghosting yes, just one of those little irritations. (any ideas) :thinking:

Thank you again I am honestly flattered.

Graham
______

You're welcome Chris. (another item for the kit bag).

Thank you very much Chris appreciate it greatly. (y)

Week 1, lovely, curved all over the place, and love the colours

Very good, the shot fits the poem perfectly, sharp and I like the colours.

Last edited:
Love the colour version of Curves, and there are definitely a lot of curves in there (y)

Peas and honey, :puke:, try tartare sauce instead, tastes much better :D

Great shot to accompany the peom too.

Hi Graham - just trying to catch up with some of the 52s I missed last week.

Week 1: I can't chose between the colour and the mono version - both work perfectly (in different ways) for me. The colour-matched border is cool!(y)

Week 2: This poem is a little gem (I like silly rhymes!) and your photo is a honey. :) I love the composition, the colours - everything, in fact, including another colour-co-ordinated border. The components work beautifully together, and of course, it's bang on theme. (y)

Can't wait to see your Week 3. :)

Jean

Back