weekly Viv1969's Try at 52....The Sequel....2016 Week 50, 51 & 52.... And finished

He's a handsome devil Ruth. What shoehorn ... it's a perfect choice. :clap:

Im loving that liquid image, nice and bright against the black background!
Pose is nice as well, nice and sharp!

Been falling behind in posting since starting the new job.
Trying to address that now.

so.....News.

and Young....

Both nice images Ruth :)
The "old news" looks good in B&W
And who can resist a potential bonsai tree? :D

Thanks Chris.
I should add that the sapling is an archive pic, taken in August with a borrowed camera that I've been pining for ever since.

Good stuff .... dog-eared B&W newspapers filling the frame. And Young's a beaut. Oak isn't it.

Good stuff .... dog-eared B&W newspapers filling the frame. And Young's a beaut. Oak isn't it.

Thank you David, and yes...Oak.
I have 5 little two year old saplings than I'm nursing along to hopefully bonsai. :)

Hey Ruth,
Interesting find for news, presumably you don't have a wall of old papers around the house. Nicely on theme.
But young is my fav of the two, I think due to the colours and lack of any distractions (my eye knows exactly where to look).

Love both of them Ruth, the papers for their simplicity and effectiveness, and the sapling for the detail and wonderful background... Splendid (y)

Spill the beans, what kit are you pining for ??

Thanks Dean.
It was a 5D mkII and a Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM.
**Sigh**

Hey Ruth,
Interesting find for news, presumably you don't have a wall of old papers around the house. Nicely on theme.
But young is my fav of the two, I think due to the colours and lack of any distractions (my eye knows exactly where to look).

Cheers Tim.
No, there's a recycling place close to work. :)

Great take on news, great idea and well executed.

Good photo for young too, nice colours and DoF. But is winter the right time for starting a bonsai?

EDIT: I just read that it's an archive pic from August...

Last edited:
Hi Ruth

Loving your image for News love the B&W conversion

Young great use of DoF I love the vibrant green and the lighting is lovely.

Great take on news, great idea and well executed.

Good photo for young too, nice colours and DoF. But is winter the right time for starting a bonsai?

EDIT: I just read that it's an archive pic from August...

Love the original take on newspapers Ruth and the sapling shot is right up my street...gorgeous fresh greens and wonderful bokeh :)

Hi Ruth

Loving your image for News love the B&W conversion

Young great use of DoF I love the vibrant green and the lighting is lovely.

Love the textures in your news shot and works well in black and white. (y)

Thank you all for your comments. They really are much appreciated.

Weeks 48 and 49, Cultured and Arranged

Please don't feel like you have to comment folks, I've been unforgivably remiss on commenting lately, and kust didn't want to NOT complete the year.

Cultured: Experimented with texture, which I've never tried before.
A little heavy handed, I feel. Live and learn.

Arranged:

Wax crayons arranged, hung, and attacked with a hairdryer set to "tac-nuke".
Disappointed with the overall softness.
Definitely not happy with the white upper right corner.

I'm commenting anyway Ruth.

Cultured doesn't work for me, I don't see anything interesting in the photo and it isn't abstract enough that it could do without. But it fits the brief.

I very much like the idea for arranged, and the execution is not bad either, apart from the upper right corner maybe and the overall sharpness. I love the vibrant colours in that photo.

Three to go!

I like Cultured .... nice compo with those partials of the snake-like pearl necklace and that dish. I think the texture and subdued colours adds something as well ... maybe a aged look. In fact, I'd go so far as to say, I prefer it to Arranged although I like the idea and the vibrant colours.

Hi Ruth
Culture(d) has the appearance of being shot through a net. Interesting effect :)
Is arranged actually soft, or is it the fact that the crayons have melted that gives it that appearance, the centre ones seem sharp enough to me. I agree about the top RH Corner.

Only 3 more weeks to go (and then we start all over again ;))

Hi Ruth I really like your take on arranged great composition and colours and very original idea :)

Thanks for the comments all....truly appreciated.

Final post for the year, and a finish to the challenge.

Finally got around to the edit and posts.

Again, no comments needed, juat happy to have completed!

Male / Female

Out and about (first walk aftr completing innoculations)

No Celebrations here....

Sincere thanks to ALL who have commented on my images this year.....I appreciated each and every one.

3 Great images there Ruth

Lovely the subtle tone in Male/Female love the angel you've used

Out and About Awwwwwww he/she looks so sweet a cracking image love the lighting.

Celebration great idea one of my favourite chocolates

Well done on completing your 52 challenge

Glad you managed to finish Ruth (y)

Back