weekly Viv1969's Try at 52....The Sequel....2016 Week 50, 51 & 52.... And finished

So you decided to join us eh, and slide in an animal shot, looks like more competition for me :D

Good start Ruth (y)

Good shot there @viv1969, plenty of texture to the skin and plenty of detail.
I like the crop, it focuses your attention on the detail.
Nicely on topic too :)

Thank you :)
Truly not sure the heffalump is that old though :)

Shouldn't that be week -1? :p

Like the shot in both concept and execution, even if the animal isn't that old!

Hi Ruth - welcome, hope you enjoy the challenges and camaraderie. A nice abstract composition to kick things off ... now for the real start eh! :clap:

Thanks all for the lovely comments. :)
I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth into the challenge again.

Love this Ruth...lovely detail in the skin and eyelashes, and the black & white really sets it off. It makes me smile!

Really like this Ruth, I always enjoy the chance to photograph Elephants especially up and close as their skin is fantastic... you have caught this really nicely and the composition is very nice too - nice one (y)
Lovely detail on the skin and the crop around the eye works really well and definitely lends itself to B&W - lovely
Love this Ruth...lovely detail in the skin and eyelashes, and the black & white really sets it off. It makes me smile!

:) Thankyou all very much for your comments....I really appreciate it!

Ruth Hi, really like you photo, really nice focus and dof. I also like the light and contrast you have captures. Good luck completing your 52

Ooo more close ups, is this a sign of things to come?

Well taken and processed Ruth (y)

Some kind of clock mechanism Ruth? Looks a bit large for a watch.
It'll be interesting to see what you do with the macro tubes over this 52, it's not something I've ever played with.

Nicely done Ruth - balanced lighting and the b&w is awesome. Beautiful abstract. :clap:

Angle of the shot is great and the complexity of the image looks amazing. :)

Nice shot, great detail and a very interesting item to look at in macro.

I love using and seeing shots with macro tubes, look forward to seeing more. You managed to get a good DOF on this which has been one of my downfalls with macro tubes.

Ooo more close ups, is this a sign of things to come?

Well taken and processed Ruth (y)

Thanks Chris.:D

Some kind of clock mechanism Ruth? Looks a bit large for a watch.
It'll be interesting to see what you do with the macro tubes over this 52, it's not something I've ever played with.

Yep....It's a clock rather than a watch. And it tells the right time twice a day. I'll get it fixed one day :D

Nicely done Ruth - balanced lighting and the b&w is awesome. Beautiful abstract. :clap:

Thank you...Much appreciated.

Angle of the shot is great and the complexity of the image looks amazing. :)

Kind of you to say...Thank you!

Nice shot, great detail and a very interesting item to look at in macro.

I love using and seeing shots with macro tubes, look forward to seeing more. You managed to get a good DOF on this which has been one of my downfalls with macro tubes.

Yeah, focusing is a bit tricky I'm finding.
Also I'm finding I'm getting more pleasing images using MF rather than AF.

Belting detail and a wonderful instrument.

No meaningful crit on this one.

Cheers.

Thank you very much :)

You've made it look elegant and desirable - job done!

:) Thanks for your nice comment Jason!

I like this, nice sharp details and great contrast. There's real depth and texture to it, well done.

Late in the day but I liked the elephant shot too.

That mechanism just looks amazing and you've chosen the perfect angle and focus. Definitely encouragement for me to pull out my extender tubes(y)

Thanks,
Oscar.

There is nothing I can add that hasn't already been said but I really like both shots, great start and good luck with your 52 (y)

Back