weekly VodkaMan68 52 Week -UP

Edit My Images
No
Hello all.... I was in Suffolk, visiting friends and while wandering round the village I looked up and saw this ...

nex%205n
[/URL][/IMG]

the subject is great and fits the theme, though I would like to see a bit more light on the carvings under the sill :clap:

btw - welcome to the challenge :LOL:

sturisoma said:
the subject is great and fits the theme, though I would like to see a bit more light on the carvings under the sill :clap:

btw - welcome to the challenge :LOL:

Thanks for your help and points of view....😃✌

Welcome :) I started the challenge late too - good luck catching up, it's hard work!

The angle looks ever so slightly off to me, like you needed to take a step to the right. The glass in the windows looks good, but like Summer says, I'd like to see more light on the carvings. The sky looks blown, too - but it's hard to tell because the picture's so small, even on the clickthrough it's a bit small. If you have a way to upload bigger pictures, you're welcome to put pics in threads up to 1024 on the longest side.

Arlandria said:
Welcome :) I started the challenge late too - good luck catching up, it's hard work!

The angle looks ever so slightly off to me, like you needed to take a step to the right. The glass in the windows looks good, but like Summer says, I'd like to see more light on the carvings. The sky looks blown, too - but it's hard to tell because the picture's so small, even on the clickthrough it's a bit small. If you have a way to upload bigger pictures, you're welcome to put pics in threads up to 1024 on the longest side.

Hello... Sorry about the small pic... As I'm using a iPad app, it will not upload any of my photos. I will look for a better way of uploading..... Thanks for your photo advice, I'm looking at my photo in a totally new way... I have been told about the poor lighting already, now the angle and sky is also out. I will think before I take a photo a lot more now. :)

Hi VK & welcome to the 52's madhouse (y)

Just viewed your UP image on photobucket...there's some cracking detail in the carvings & the wood contrasts nicely with the plaster work, lovely angle & right on theme ...well spotted (y)

Look forward to seeing some more images from you :)

You've some nice images on photobucket....the doggie shot & dragonfly/Hawker type bug are great :)

Last edited:
Dark Knight said:
Hey... Welcome to the challenge :wave:

Nice craftsmanship you spotted there... are you local to suffolk or were you there on a day pass??

I was there visiting a friend. ......My wife's dad has had a bad turn, so we have been going to see him in hospital must night. I will try and add some pics soon. I thinks 52 weeks is a good way of leaning. As I have only had my nex 5n for 3 mouths now. I live in London.

Back